Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Haley's Comet: blazing to the White House- or deep space?

It serves Trump's interest to have a large field to divide the 'not Trump' vote. He's going to welcome anyone he doesn't think is a serious threat but might take votes away from De Santis.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Pence drops out, De Santis crumbling, Vivek not so vive, Trump tangled up in blue -as the contenders are spaced out, it looks like the Comet is burning brighter, and brighter...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Pence drops out, De Santis crumbling, Vivek not so vive, Trump tangled up in blue -as the contenders are spaced out, it looks like the Comet is burning brighter, and brighter...
    Indeed it sure is.

A fairly positive view of Haley's campaign, and another link to her policy record. The assumption is that regardless of the polls, Trump will not be the 2024 candidate, which leaves Haley in pole position, though if Glenn Youngkin does well in this year's elections, he may decide to go for it.

Can Nikki Haley be a history maker or just best of the rest in Trump’s party? | Nikki Haley | The Guardian

Political positions of Nikki Haley - Wikipedia

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Although I think Haley will be the Republican candidate based on current politics in the US, she is tying herself in knots in an attempt to appease her party base on Abortion, while appearing, if you can believe it, more 'Liberal' or maybe 'lenient' to attract voters for whom Abortion has proved to be a vote loser for Haley's party, or rather, the Trump Party. Thus

""As much as I'm pro-life, I don't judge anyone for being pro-choice, and I don't want them to judge me for being pro-life," Haley said at the time, while also making it clear that she'd sign a GOP-crafted national abortion ban into law if she were elected president."
    Nikki Haley's attempt to thread the needle on abortion could end up backfiring among the conservatives she'll need to take down Trump (yahoo.com)

Is this not a contradiction in terms? Don't judge me for being 'pro-Life' even though I am going to ignore the voters opposed to it?

I don't see any way the Republicans can get out of this hole they have dug for themselves.

Slavery…oh dear.

Has she blown it? The nomination, not the other thing.

Junior Poster

She was never, ever going to get the nomination anyway. Why so much interest in which Republican comes in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place? Yes there is media coverage of things like the Republican debate (minus Trump) because the media needs fresh stories to reinforce the “horse race” narrative which gets them clicks. And writing stories about legislation, or war, or the economy isn’t nearly as much fun, and requires knowledge and research.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Warm View Post
    She was never, ever going to get the nomination anyway. Why so much interest in which Republican comes in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place? Yes there is media coverage of things like the Republican debate (minus Trump) because the media needs fresh stories to reinforce the “horse race” narrative which gets them clicks. And writing stories about legislation, or war, or the economy isn’t nearly as much fun, and requires knowledge and research.
    As this new article argues. people like Haley because she has a way of upsetting Trump, as Emma Brockes argues, there is no point being smarter than him, rather " in the case of Trump, you have to fight dumb with dumb."
    Don’t underestimate Nikki Haley – for starters, just look at how she gets under Trump’s skin | Emma Brockes | The Guardian

But do people want Haley to take on Biden? I have read it is the Democrat nightmare.