Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brazilian trans Junior Poster Lohanny Brandao's Avatar

Default What about the word `` shemale `` ? Can anyone help ?

Hello Hunangels people !

What about the word `` shemale `` ? Can anyone help ?

Explaining : we ( me and my boyfriend, who help in filming, editing, creating the plots of scenes, etc ... ) want to do a scene where my friend, a tgirl too, says something in the beginning of the scene in english.

As I am not american and I do not know what all words and expressions mean, I ask for your help .

Is it too offensive ?

My boyfriend said that one person said to him that it is too offensive but he said that, at the same time, he saw this word in many places, like in film series ( for example Shemale Road Trip from Joey Silvera ) and even many websites have this word in their names / titles .

He said that he prefer a lot to use the word Tgirl, but we would like to know if `` shemale `` is too offensive.

THX A LOT !

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Default Re: What about the word `` shemale `` ? Can anyone help ?

It’s fine by me but the Language Nazis have deemed it officially offensive and not to be uttered or written. To do so would certainly be a Thoughtcrime. So to avoid criticism don’t use it. But if you really like the word and have a set of balls (figuratively) use it.

1 out of 4 members liked this post.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

The wikipedia page actually does a good job at defining it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shemale

-----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

Senior Member Professional Poster

In the west, yes. "Shemale/tranny/ladyboy" are generally offensive even if some still refer to themselves as that.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Lohanny Brandao View Post
    Hello Hunangels people !

What about the word `` shemale `` ? Can anyone help ?

Explaining : we ( me and my boyfriend, who help in filming, editing, creating the plots of scenes, etc ... ) want to do a scene where my friend, a tgirl too, says something in the beginning of the scene in english.

As I am not american and I do not know what all words and expressions mean, I ask for your help .

Is it too offensive ?

My boyfriend said that one person said to him that it is too offensive but he said that, at the same time, he saw this word in many places, like in film series ( for example Shemale Road Trip from Joey Silvera ) and even many websites have this word in their names / titles .

He said that he prefer a lot to use the word Tgirl, but we would like to know if `` shemale `` is too offensive.

THX A LOT !
    Yes. The word Shemale is very offensive and it is one of the reasons websites that produce TS Content are moving away from using that word to when referring to TS Models. (for example Shemale.XXX is now known as TGirls.XXX..

We all know words that were OK to use a few years ago but have come to be derogatory and disrespectful. This would be one of them.

@-}--- Professional Poster

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

branding, at the time, called for "shemale" in a site title however as times are a changin', it is not fashionable to use it anymore. it is so commonplace though that it is a hard habit for the unindoctrinated to break.

i mean, we do have things like this still that got a raucous laugh from the theater i saw it in

-----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

Transexual Princess Junior Poster KelliBlueEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dakota87 View Post
    It’s fine by me but the Language Nazis have deemed it officially offensive and not to be uttered or written. To do so would certainly be a Thoughtcrime. So to avoid criticism don’t use it. But if you really like the word and have a set of balls (figuratively) use it.
    In America we have a word for people who continue to use terms even though they’ve learned that some people find the term offensive. That word is asshole, IJS...

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Snap: Kelliblueeyesx

Http://Kelliblueeyes.tumblr.com

@KelliBlue@switter.at

Personally, I hate it. Never subscribed to it, though it was plastered on all the videos I watched.

It originated in the 1940's, as a description of a strong woman, a woman who took no shit, from no one.

But it gradually took on the meaning of a 'chick with a dick' and stuck in the underground nomenclature.

I've never used it, outside of a film/video title reference, and I understand how saying it in the presence of any of the gurls (My spelling) I know would be hurtful. So, I don't.

Same as I wouldn't say the word 'nigger' in the presence of one of my dearest friends and lovers (You know who you are).

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell