Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Trump signs law targeting sex trafficking websites

Tedious, but the words mattered at the time as Clinton defined 'sexual relations' as full on sexual intercourse which apparently never happened with Lewinsky (the answer is blowing in the wind). And they mattered because of the precise use of words in court cases as well as the finer distinctions of perjury as a legal term.

Whatever, Clinton has since admitted lying and cannot shake off the stain of that event and the evidence that he was not the best husband, which used to matter to all those evangelical, fundamental or even lapsed Christians for whom God, Family and Country are the Holy Trinity of American values but is now well and truly buried by the semi-literate moron who claims to be the 45th President of the USA. Spare a thought -or don't- for Paula Jones whose account of her 'Clinton moment' is full of holes- there was an out-of-court settlement worth $850,000 -but she only pocketed $250,000 as the rest went on legal fees.

There is also another difference -President Clinton has a political record on which to rest his reputation as President, including transforming the Reagan deficit into a surplus, and three significant peace treaties, whereas his successor so far has added another trillion $$ to the debt, and spent millions of $$ blowing holes in the ground in Syria while transferring even more from tax-payers pockets into his own every time he plays golf.

Morals? What morals?

https://www.vox.com/2016/10/9/132216...nt-accusations
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...y_defense.html

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    I could well ask you the same question. Why do you bitch continually about Theresa May and the Tories, but refuse to say a bad word about Trump, Putin or even neo-nazis in your own country? For the record, I'm no fan of Theresa May or her party, but I don't spend much time complaining about them because:
    (i) you already have that market well and truly cornered;
    (ii) I'm not British and the UK government's actions have little impact outside of the UK, unlike the US government;
    (iii) Theresa May is a conventional conservative who does not present the same threat to democracy and the rule of law as a populist demagogue like Trump.
    & I'm British so anything else doesn't overly concern me & Theresa May is an enormous threat to this country taking us into a possible toxic situation! If you're not British, keep out of it, I don't know where you're getting your misguided information from?! Your arrogance and supremacy is annoying too.

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    & I'm British so anything else doesn't overly concern me & Theresa May is an enormous threat to this country taking us into a possible toxic situation! If you're not British, keep out of it, I don't know where you're getting your misguided information from?! Your arrogance and supremacy is annoying too.
    Don't you Brexiteers want to re-forge our trading relations with the Commonwealth to compensate for our losses from the EU? Australia may become important. Suggest you say something nice about cricket balls and butter, to ease ourselves back into position down under.

Member Rookie Poster

Nice diversionary tactic, but actually it's not about that.
    That's what they're all about and they know it. I guess they need to justify that they're doing the right thing on elections day even if it costs them their freedom. This thread is no longer about the law that trump signed. It's ALL about the Clintons, I guess.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Then why are you posting in a thread that's about a US issue? I'm lucky to live in a country where the biggest national crisis is about 3 guys conspiring to rough up a cricket ball, so other countries' issues are just more interesting. Besides, I enjoy our 'debates' so much - your responses are such brilliant satire.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Thanks, that does explain your fucking arrogance! I should of guessed! I only watch cricket when "The Ashes" takes place because of my love for your fucking lot!

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Nice diversionary tactic, but actually it's not about that.
    Obviously, you just don't get that it IS about the women.
    And obviously, you can't agree that Stormy Daniels, Summer Zervos, Monica Lewinsky, Juanita Broaddrick, and Paula Jones were all fucked over in the same way..

Sad....

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

Classic Fanti - ignore the other person's response and just keep repeating the same inane point ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    And obviously, you can't agree that Stormy Daniels, Summer Zervos, Monica Lewinsky, Juanita Broaddrick, and Paula Jones were all fucked over in the same way..
    But surely it is about the men? There are legal reasons why Backpage and Craigslist have been taken offline, and they may or may not be challenged in a court of law. But in present circumstances it is the morals and behaviour of men that has become the major issue, and particularly men in positions of power with the money that goes with it.

And with that comes the question, what happens to the institution of government if there is a moral vacuum at the top, or the Chief Executive is morally compromised? And even more so if neither he nor his supporters care about that, because if so, why punish ordinary citizens because their behaviour is considered immoral by people demonstrated to have none of their own?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post

Sad....
    Well said

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Greed is Good, Money is Better