Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Default Re: Possible War with Russia over Syria

You obviously weren't informed but millions of pounds could of been saved here in the UK too

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    You obviously weren't informed but millions of pounds could of been saved here in the UK too
    And this is what I wrote, with added emphasis for those with no access to Specsavers-

Millions of dollars would be better spent educating American, French and British children

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Having warned his Russian friends in advance of his intentions so that any valuable materials could be removed from those sites, the cult leader now brays 'Mission accomplished'. Millions of dollars would be better spent educating American, French and British children, but in a cult it is a victory when air strikes destroy filing cabinets and a fax machine and blow some holes in the ground.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow, the killing will continue.
    Why you blaming Trump for money being wasted in France & UK? YOU had a chance to remove this scum(May) from office & replace her with a man who deplores war but you decided to "bottle it" so shut up fucking bitching & fuck your crocodile tears!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

This is scary territory. Because Chemical Weapons should be responded to, but not by a President in so far over his head. What, is Trump getting advice from Dick Cheney, now? Surreal.

World Class Asshole

This would of put a few big snouts out of joint! ;

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...l-And-Gas.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Why you blaming Trump for money being wasted in France & UK? YOU had a chance to remove this scum(May) from office & replace her with a man who deplores war but you decided to "bottle it" so shut up fucking bitching & fuck your crocodile tears!
    Peejaye it is a pity you do not deploy the full spectrum of your intellectual gifts debating the issues, you know as well as I do that I participated in the last General Election and that Theresa May scraped back into power while Labour failed to win a majority (but did win in my constituency).

If you read my post again you will find that I criticize the US, and France, and the UK for wasting money on a bombing raid that may well end the use of chemical weapons in Syria for a while, but will not stop the war, and that the money would be better spent by each party educating the children (and, indeed, the adults) in their respective countries.

Moreover, because Mrs May remains in power through a deal she made with the DUP she did not have the moral right to order the RAF to take off from their base in Cyprus and launch missiles from there -she has the legal power, but with such a slender grip on power she ought to have consulted Parliament. Instead, she has remained loyal to a foul-mouthed con-man unfit to be President because she is desperate to find markets for the UK when this country leaves the EU and thinks the USA will be it.

That she may have made the UK a target for retaliation by the Russians, who perceive the UK to be a 'soft target' only aggravates the rank stupidity of her decision.

As for Corbyn -is he going to table a motion of no confidence in the government?

They would of still dropped bombs even if Brexit hadn't happened. That's one of the main reasons among many others why those evil bastards must be got rid of as soon as....they've known all week they were going in, just a matter of when.

Gold Poster

I trust Corbyn supporters to sniff out the real culprits;. Assad is a doctor afterall. It's difficult to decide what policy choices are appropriate when one group has not even the most tenuous grip on reality.

Last edited by broncofan; 04-19-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I trust Corbyn supporters to sniff out the real culprits;. Assad is a doctor afterall. It's difficult to decide what policy choices are appropriate when one group has not even the most tenuous grip on reality.

I oppose the strikes for a number of reasons. I was wondering though whether we can separate positive from normative judgements and discuss what we think happened in Syria and whether Assad has used chemical weapons on civilians once again?

Is there anyone on this forum who believes that maybe it was the British intelligence services who did it, or that maybe chemical weapons weren't used at all but it is a western lie? What about Tony Blair? Did he do it? It used to be that one could count on these views to be extremely rare, but I've seen a lot of support for these conspiracy theories from unfortunate places. How common is the woman above's view? I wish I could say I thought it was rare.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    IIt used to be that one could count on these views to be extremely rare, but I've seen a lot of support for these conspiracy theories from unfortunate places. How common is the woman above's view? I wish I could say I thought it was rare.
    I think it's just the typical logic of tribalists, whether left or right - whatever the opposing side is against must be good and whatever they are in favour of must be bad. The internet has made it much easier for such people to find and share 'information' that confirms their preconceptions and to block out that which doesn't.

Last edited by filghy2; 04-19-2018 at 05:07 AM.