Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Best City in USA to visit for trans venues.

Anyone disagree with this ranking?
    Quote Originally Posted by crutsinger View Post
    Ok, I'd rank the top fifteen in this order:

1. New York
    2. San Francisco
    3. Las Vegas
    4. Miami/Lauderdale
    5. Los Angeles
    6. Chicago
    7. Minneapolis
    8. Phoenix
    9. San Diego
    10. Washington, DC
    11. New Orleans
    12. Philadelphia
    13. Houston
    14. Atlanta
    15. Seattle

Transexual Princess Junior Poster KelliBlueEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savannahguy View Post
    Can you please tell me some places to go in New York city? Are the tranny parties it or are there some other bars girls go.
    My comment got deleted, I don't remember what it said that may have run afoul of the rules

There were at least 100 trans women, and some trans men, at the mermaid parade last saturday in Coney Island. Surprisingly, there were some at Folsom St on Sunday, and I expect there will be several trans at Queer Coney next Friday.

Most girls just go to whatever club, alternate performance venue, or wherever. Xoxa when it was a monthly queer femme party had quite a few trans sometimes, I haven't been to the weekly on Thursday yet. Some burlesque or drag shows have trans women and men spectating. It looks like for the next few weeks on Sunday evenings there will be Pose viewing parties, there was one at the club I was at last Sunday, and even though that club is def not known as any kind of tgirl hangout there were at least 3 other trans women besides me there.

Interestingly, to me anyway, I went to check out a friend's monthly burlesque show in the East Village tonight. I had not previously been to that show or that club, I was hanging out with 5 or so of my cis female burlesque performer friends. There were at least 2 of those guys in the club that I can tell when they really want to come over and say "hi", but they just can't get up the nerve. The guy I met for a drink there during the show (met him on a dating website) stayed on his phone on Grindr the whole time we hung out - which was really offputting, and 2 guys propositioned me on my walk from the club to the subway. I never really knew there were so many chasers in the East Village, maybe I'll do mondays there more often.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Snap: Kelliblueeyesx

Http://Kelliblueeyes.tumblr.com

@KelliBlue@switter.at

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    There is only cheetah's, hamburger Mary's and Cobra...
    LA is a police state now as far as transsexual fun goes.no more peanut's, that club on pico/crenshaw called the Catch one ,the Study ,the Palms and the horizon's all gone. No more speak easy's..
    No 24 hour night life....

What happened to Diva's in SF?

I hear Florida, specifically Miami has got it on and popin..
    What happened to Diva's?

Junior Poster

Diva's was still open the last time I was in SF last October. Their web site seems to indicate they are still in business.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Miami/ftlauderdale has numerous venues especially fort Lauderdale...the whole perception of Miami/south beach being this big gay mecca has changed due to international real estate speculation...a lotta gay people moved to wilton manors to buy houses and start business...lotta clubs in fort Lauderdale..and a couple of trans-strip type clubs..one is mainly Spanish t.v/cd dancers and the other is a mix of girls and more sleazy but fun in my opinion..Miami has a few sporadic type of places but they are separate and a drive..now if ya willing to hit the stroll well both Miami and fort Lauderdale got em..south beach used too but the undercover cops protecting the tourism dollar made that very controlled..

Quote Originally Posted by qeuqheeg222 View Post
    actually new Orleans has quite a few...and the French quarter is crawling with em late nights..
    Where do you go to find them? I’m in NO and rarely see any tgirls. Guess I’m looking in the wrong places.

Quote Originally Posted by alcoolsrimbood View Post
    Miami/ftlauderdale has numerous venues especially fort Lauderdale...the whole perception of Miami/south beach being this big gay mecca has changed due to international real estate speculation...a lotta gay people moved to wilton manors to buy houses and start business...lotta clubs in fort Lauderdale..and a couple of trans-strip type clubs..one is mainly Spanish t.v/cd dancers and the other is a mix of girls and more sleazy but fun in my opinion..Miami has a few sporadic type of places but they are separate and a drive..now if ya willing to hit the stroll well both Miami and fort Lauderdale got em..south beach used too but the undercover cops protecting the tourism dollar made that very controlled..
    What are the names of these clubs? The only place I know of is Club Extra.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

New Orleans used to be great but post-Katrina many of the girls left and never returned. I ranked NOLA 11th but it used to be in the top three.

Transexual Princess Junior Poster KelliBlueEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelliBlueEyes View Post
    My comment got deleted, I don't remember what it said that may have run afoul of the rules

There were at least 100 trans women, and some trans men, at the mermaid parade last saturday in Coney Island. Surprisingly, there were some at Folsom St on Sunday, and I expect there will be several trans at Queer Coney next Friday.

Most girls just go to whatever club, alternate performance venue, or wherever. Xoxa when it was a monthly queer femme party had quite a few trans sometimes, I haven't been to the weekly on Thursday yet. Some burlesque or drag shows have trans women and men spectating. It looks like for the next few weeks on Sunday evenings there will be Pose viewing parties, there was one at the club I was at last Sunday, and even though that club is def not known as any kind of tgirl hangout there were at least 3 other trans women besides me there.

Interestingly, to me anyway, I went to check out a friend's monthly burlesque show in the East Village tonight. I had not previously been to that show or that club, I was hanging out with 5 or so of my cis female burlesque performer friends. There were at least 2 of those guys in the club that I can tell when they really want to come over and say "hi", but they just can't get up the nerve. The guy I met for a drink there during the show (met him on a dating website) stayed on his phone on Grindr the whole time we hung out - which was really offputting, and 2 guys propositioned me on my walk from the club to the subway. I never really knew there were so many chasers in the East Village, maybe I'll do mondays there more often.
    Last night at a club in the west village there were over 20 drag queens, 3 or 4 or whom are trans women, and a few other trans women in the audience. So including me there were 8-10 trans women, and a few trans men, in a small club.

If you can’t meet trans people socially in NYC you are doing something wrong

Snap: Kelliblueeyesx

Http://Kelliblueeyes.tumblr.com

@KelliBlue@switter.at

Quote Originally Posted by crutsinger View Post
    Anyone disagree with this ranking?
    i have very limited experience in looking for t-girls in vegas, but i don't understand all the love for vegas and las vegas lounge on here. i stopped in on a tuesday or wednesday night earlier this month. it was around 10 or 11 p.m., and it was absolutely dead. there were three t-girls in there that were far from lookers. i chatted up a korean-american t-girl for a bit that is in her mid-40s. she was pleasant to speak with, but not really my type of gal - and i'm really into the asians. there were two average looking latin t-girls that were hanging with some guy in a suit, and that was it. there were three or four other guys that kept looking at me. so i just assumed that they were gay guys looking to hook up with guys.

but compared to cobra's number of t-girls on a thursday night out here in l.a., it is truly night and day. you get in there after 11 or midnight, and you will see more than 40 in there. i don't know if las vegas lounge was just having an off night, but it truly was disappointing. if there is no craigslist and backpage, and lvl is truly the one spot for trans girls to congregate, then i figured i would see more than 3 average and older looking girls at peak hours - even if it was a mid-week day. just my personal observations between two trans places, one in vegas and one in los angeles.