...just a drunk asshole with a firearm.

Why are you making that sound okay?
    He's not. Your reaching.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default Re: Las Vegas Lounge shot up

Quote Originally Posted by BLKGSXR View Post
    It is North Vegas though....
    ....Mental illness is a helluva thing, Reagan administration pushed toward closing state hospitals back in the day....
    In 1975, in the O'conner vs Donaldson decision, the Supreme Court ruled that it was unconstitutional for people to be held against their will, even the mentally ill. Every state began to close their state mental hospitals, and the governments were happy to do so since they were so expensive.

I'm no republican nor Reagan defender, but it seems you're very ignorant to blame Reagan, its just a left-wing talking point.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75 View Post
    I'm no republican nor Reagan defender, but it seems you're very ignorant to blame Reagan, its just a left-wing talking point.
    I have no idea why state hospitals closed but O'Connor only means people can't be forcibly confined and it also only relates to those who are "non-dangerous" and "capable of surviving safely in freedom by themselves or with the help of willing and responsible family members or friends." That doesn't necessarily mean there weren't people at institutions voluntarily or who were forced out but could have been confined under O'Connor because they could not "survive safely in freedom by themselves or with the help of others."

Edit: this might also be relevant..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental...ms_Act_of_1980

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 03-04-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dc_guy_75 View Post
    In 1975, in the O'conner vs Donaldson decision, the Supreme Court ruled that it was unconstitutional for people to be held against their will, even the mentally ill. Every state began to close their state mental hospitals, and the governments were happy to do so since they were so expensive.

Actually the administration wanted to implement community care for all, we have seen first hand how well that has worked.... Now I am currently working with the mentally ill at a DSH-Department of State Hospitals here in CA and it is my field of practice so I think i'm quite the opposite of ignorant. Probably the most informed on the subject =]
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I have no idea why state hospitals closed but O'Connor only means people can't be forcibly confined and it also only relates to those who are "non-dangerous" and "capable of surviving safely in freedom by themselves or with the help of willing and responsible family members or friends." That doesn't necessarily mean there weren't people at institutions voluntarily or who were forced out but could have been confined under O'Connor because they could not "survive safely in freedom by themselves or with the help of others."

Edit: this might also be relevant..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental...ms_Act_of_1980
    At least in California the criteria is; Danger to self, Danger to others, or gravely disabled- i.e. homeless and cannot fend for self (food.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Living your dream! Just call me your superhero! JIX
    1/3 of the Legendary Trifecta called O ED & the Jizzzyyy...
    PeekyMcWatchmeFUCK!
    OEJTM-#DEGENERATES
    HBSF-FETC

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoPervySage View Post
    He's not. Your reaching.
    \

Okay, now you're reaching. I was just asking a question. Got an answer back on the first page I'm satisfied with. So moving on. In other news...

Last edited by bassman2546; 03-04-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Rookie Poster

Kids these days, generational... Come on folks, this is humanity and it hasn't changed one whit since the dawn of recorded history. Those types are always out there. Being generally well-fed and protected doesn't change the nature of the beast, it just cuts down on the everyday conflict.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

stud studson Rookie Poster

Anyone actually been to the he lounge recently? I'm heading out to Vegas soon and am tempted to visit in an attempt to hook up with a ts. This has put me off a little though lol.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fire.starterman View Post
    Anyone actually been to the he lounge recently? I'm heading out to Vegas soon and am tempted to visit in an attempt to hook up with a ts. This has put me off a little though lol.
    It’s been cleaned up a bit. Unfortunately I couldn’t make AVN this year and didn’t go when I was last in town back in October, but I’m sure it hasn’t changed too much.

stud studson Rookie Poster

Have you been before then? Of so what's it like?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    It’s been cleaned up a bit. Unfortunately I couldn’t make AVN this year and didn’t go when I was last in town back in October, but I’m sure it hasn’t changed too much.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

I’ve been there when it was a dump with top-notch girls in attendance. I remember hanging out with Foxxy and the late Celeste.

I’ve been there when it has been spiffed up but is practically empty girls-wise.