Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Gold Poster Murmdrum's Avatar

Default Re: Happiness is a warm gun

I like my guns...im a licensed gun owner who locks his guns up in accordance to the laws of my shitty state
    ( Massachusetts) Everyone screaming for gun control of a certain type of gun( which is not an assault rifle, Armalite Rifle = AR........) thinks that this will magically stop any future mass shooting and they are painfully wrong. It won't. Will never happen. This stuff will keep happening . I dont want my guns banned because I am a responsible gun owner and I can bet my balls on it that I will never go out and shoot up a work place or school. I carry a gun for self defense. I am licensed for that. I never ever want to have to use my gun...but I am trained to do so if needed. It chaps my ass when someone says " no one needs a gun like that"....Dont tell me what I need.....

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murmdrum View Post
    I like my guns...im a licensed gun owner who locks his guns up in accordance to the laws of my shitty state
    ( Massachusetts) Everyone screaming for gun control of a certain type of gun( which is not an assault rifle, Armalite Rifle = AR........) thinks that this will magically stop any future mass shooting and they are painfully wrong. It won't. Will never happen. This stuff will keep happening .
    No one. Absolutely no one is saying gun control “will magically stop any future mass shooting,” so please don’t set up any more straw men. We’re all intelligent enough to see through that.

One: gun control has effectively reduced the number mass shootings, familicides, suicides and just plain stupid accidents in other nations and it can (and eventually will) do so here.
    Two: It’s not magic. Ban semi-automatic assault-like firearms (whatever the fuck you want to call them) and fewer people will be shot with them.

It chaps my ass when someone says " no one needs a gun like that"....Dont tell me what I need.....
    If you’re still talking Armalite AR......., then you don’t fucking need a gun like that. I grant you may want it. You may want it real bad, but I even doubt that. You don’t need it.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Silver Poster

If they didn't give a gun to the people who mark YES on the "I am an Asshole" question on their registration application, I think we could clean this whole mess up in no time.

World Class Asshole

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    No one. Absolutely no one is saying gun control “will magically stop any future mass shooting,” so please don’t set up any more straw men.
    Supporters of an assault weapons ban, like Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), say that the goal of the bans is to prevent horrific mass shooting incidents, not stop the run-of-the-mill gun violence that kills dozens of Americans each day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dd6272f41af0

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

If you’re still talking Armalite AR......., then you don’t fucking need a gun like that. I grant you may want it. You may want it real bad, but I even doubt that. You don’t need it.
    you dont know a thing about me or what I do....so to say I dont fucking need a gun like that is rubbish...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamon View Post
    Supporters of an assault weapons ban, like Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), say that the goal of the bans is to prevent horrific mass shooting incidents, not stop the run-of-the-mill gun violence that kills dozens of Americans each day.
    if they do ban these extra Killy black rifles and the mass shooting continue, which they will, they will see how futile their efforts were. No one ever mentions the slaughterhouse that Chicago is yearly....wonder why?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

One: gun control has effectively reduced the number mass shootings, familicides, suicides and just plain stupid accidents in other nations and it can (and eventually will) do so here.
    Two: It’s not magic. Ban semi-automatic assault-like firearms (whatever the fuck you want to call them) and fewer people will be shot with them.

yes because every one will turn them in, even all the criminals who illegally have them and follow all the laws.....

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

No one ever mentions the slaughterhouse that Chicago is yearly....wonder why?
    In fact Chicago has been the model for the President's 'American carnage' rhetoric that masks the fact that he and Attorney General Sessions manipulate crime figures in Chicago as part of their blanket of lies-

Last February, Mr. Trump claimed that “the murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years.” Wrong: The national rate remains at an all-time low. It’s true that the 10.8 percent increase in murders between 2014 and 2015 was the largest one-year rise in more than four decades, but the total number of murders is still far below what it was in the early 1990s.
    For his part, Mr. Sessions has repeatedly hawked a nationwide crime wave that doesn’t exist, and he has called crime spikes in certain areas a “dangerous, permanent trend that places the health and safety of the American people at risk” — despite the lack of any evidence that recent upticks will last. To the contrary, in 2017 the crime rate in the nation’s 30 biggest cities
    actually went down.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/17/opinion/sunday/donald-trump-and-the-undoing-of-justice-reform.html

Ask yourself why Chicago is 'the model' and not Boston, New York City or Washington DC and you might find that there is a marked difference between the outcomes of confrontational policing in one -high rates of crime- and a lower rate in more community-oriented policing in the others-but that smacks of pinko liberals doing good. That was Obama, and everything Obama did must be undone, reversed, trashed.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

you dont know a thing about me or what I do....so to say I dont fucking need a gun like that is rubbish...
    Go on then, tell us, in civilian life, *why* do you need an assault rifle?
    (I'm not having a go at you, I'm genuinely curious).

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

You don't need a fucking gun like that.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.