Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Default Re: Happiness is a warm gun

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    I'm a person who happens to think if there is a hell, there is a special place in it for drunk drivers.
    Good on you!!!

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I'll give you cosmos. I'm for banning cosmos but not a complete ban on alcohol. They're an abuse of good vodka. Btw, I'm being as serious as you are.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by trish; 05-22-2018 at 01:51 AM.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Check your numbers against how many women and children have been killed by drunk drivers. They would still be alive today if the driver were drinking club soda.
    The reality to you will be shocking.
    I asked two simple questions about gun crime and you change the subject by talking about car accidents. Let me drop one and rephrase the other:

How many people would the mass murderers in the gun crimes of Las Vegas, Parkland and Santa Fe have been able to kill in the space of minutes had they been armed with a bow and arrow?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Outstanding....And I'll meet more on my territory than the alcohol territory.
    And there have been accidental gun deaths by moron owners too.....without the intent to kill.

I'm okay with a ban on assault weapons but not a complete gun ban. Which still leaves the door wide open on alcohol unless you want to include absinthe and moonshine in.
    Who knew, all he had to do was take the same position as everyone else but use capital letters. The debate is less worthwhile because you've managed to avoid having any critical thinking skills or an ounce of honesty. I'm sorry, I mean "YOU LACK CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS AND HONESTY."

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Good on you!!!
    There's probably not a single person here who doesn't agree with that sentiment. What they don't agree with is your clumsy and pathetic attempt to change the subject and pretend there's some hypocrisy in people's views only by misrepresenting those views.

Over and over again people have said they don't think either guns or alcohol should be banned. Over and over again you have pretended they think guns should be so that you can distract from children being shot by gunmen using assault rifles. You could have discussed drunk driving or alcohol in its own right but you decided to use it to dilute another serious subject.

@-}--- Professional Poster

happiness is a warm gun ... and what is "warm" refer to in this motion of sentence

filghy2 Silver Poster

Outstanding....And I'll meet more on my territory than the alcohol territory.
    And there have been accidental gun deaths by moron owners too.....without the intent to kill.

I'm okay with a ban on assault weapons but not a complete gun ban. Which still leaves the door wide open on alcohol unless you want to include absinthe and moonshine in.
    So what was the point of your last 150 posts on this subject? You just wanted somebody to say "Yes Mr Fanti, you've made a very relevant point on the linkage between alcohol and gun deaths"?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Keeping guns on the front burner is a chore.
    I was looking for clips from the new movie, where Dick Cheney autographs a waterboard.

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Keeping guns on the front burner is a chore.
    I was looking for clips from the new movie, where Dick Cheney autographs a waterboard.

Sacha Baron Cohen's comedy is not for everyone and I can understand why. It often isn't clear who is the butt of the joke, he takes the liberty of dressing up as people from other backgrounds which is something people are rightly suspicious of, and his targets are sometimes just well-meaning eccentrics who are made to seem stupid just by accommodating his characters.

In this case though, I appreciate the skits because they expose outrageous behavior by politicians that he encouraged but did not coerce. The characters were almost surgically designed to elicit these responses. Take for instance the Israeli mercenary character he created. He is no more saying that all Israelis are like this character than he was saying Kazakhstanis are like Borat. However one take-away is clearly that Republicans who consider themselves pro-Israel view Israelis this way and encourage militarism in their Israeli allies. It ended up being a very effective way to get people to open up. In the end, the Israeli allows them to express their desire to arm children, to yell racial slurs, and in the latest episode to run naked ass first at a target yelling USA.

The character he plays in the Kingman Arizona scene is supposed to be an out of touch white hippie. I think he played the part perfectly because he just came across as a decent person trying to reason with a room full of haters. He didn't overdo it by suggesting anything radical at all and presented the room with a proposal for a mosque that would both enrich their local economy and broaden their cultural horizons. You can probably guess what kind of reception he got.

I think the show is worth taking a look at even for people who are not fans of his. It shows some things we were aware existed but it is still shocking to see this kind of open bigotry from politicians and others.

Edit: yeah I guess I forgot this was a gun thread. The first episode is the one where he entices nra supporting Republicans to agree to arm 3 year old children.

Last edited by broncofan; 07-23-2018 at 07:11 PM.

Senior Member Silver Poster

World Class Asshole