Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Do you want a 2nd BREXIT vote?

Hard Brexit, soft Brexit? It's as if Theresa May wants it both ways and she looks destined to fail.
    Now Nigel Farage is practically sounding Pro-European by suggesting another referendum to quell signs of buyer's remorse, although he may have since walked that back a bit.
    Hard-line Remainers like Tony Blair prefer the word 'plebiscite', but let's face it, it appears the average Brit is having a tough time with an EU divorce.
    So what do guys think? Here in the States everyone I know would want a re-do on Trump. You want another crack at the Brexit decision?

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: Do you want a 2nd BREXIT vote?

Abso-fucking-lutley!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Gold Poster

Peejaye?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster Forrest Hump's Avatar

No. A democratic vote was held. Whether you are a remainer or a leaver, stop complaining and work together. The public had the chance to vote and they did. Accept it, believe in yourselves, take your first step into the big wide world of business and opportunity and move on.The UK has decided to take back control and should start discussing all the things the country could do with it.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Hump View Post
    No. A democratic vote was held. Whether you are a remainer or a leaver, stop complaining and work together. The public had the chance to vote and they did. Accept it, believe in yourselves, take your first step into the big wide world of business and opportunity and move on.The UK has decided to take back control and should start discussing all the things the country could do with it.
    democratic? Americans don't vote directly on issues of national policy.
    Our founders (Washington, Jefferson,Hamilton, etc) created a representative government to avoid the whims of a fickle public

Senior Member Silver Poster

Let's vote on the re-vote....

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

Accept it, believe in yourselves, take your first step into the big wide world of business and opportunity and move on.
    Given Great Britain's history this strikes me as very patronizing sounding advice. In fact, I can imagine a father saying this to his irresponsible son who just came of age. First step into the big wide world of business? Holy shit. I'll leave it up to the Brits to discuss the merits and demerits of another vote but I just wonder what those who support Brexit out of nationalistic spirit make of their beneficent American supporter's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    democratic? Americans don't vote directly on issues of national policy.
    Our founders (Washington, Jefferson,Hamilton, etc) created a representative government to avoid the whims of a fickle public
    Yes, democratic. It can't get anymore democratic than that! It is one of the most important foundations on which our Greco-Roman society is built upon. An important question is put to the population and the people of that nation vote on it. Thus giving a clear indication of the public's will on said matter. Hence demokratia rule of the people.

Gold Poster

Yes, democratic. It can't get anymore democratic than that! It is one of the most important foundations on which our Greco-Roman society is built upon. An important question is put to the population and the people of that nation vote on it. Thus giving a clear indication of the public's will on said matter. Hence demokratia rule of the people.
    This is going to thread hijack but if you'll all indulge me one isolated question and then right back on track. What do you think of the electoral college v. the popular vote in U.S. Presidential elections? Which is more demokratia or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Given Great Britain's history this strikes me as very patronizing sounding advice. In fact, I can imagine a father saying this to his irresponsible son who just came of age.
    Patronising? On the contrary, I rather see it as encouraging advice and typical of that phlegmatic British approach. Leaving the EU reopens whole areas of policy-making that have been off limits for decades.