Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Poster

Bertrand Russell said, “I regard [religion] as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race.” Though, as an Englishman in the early 20th century, his comments were primarily focused on Protestantism and Catholicism – he wrote in Why I am Not a Christian, “I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world” – I think that he would approve of his comments being applied to any of the world’s major systems of ignorance and vacuous superstition.

Personally, I have always always found Bill and Ted’s theology to be entirely sufficient: Be excellent to each other.

5 Star Poster

islam,the religion of peace. peace of the grave to be specific

Inter Press Service News Agency

BERLIN, Sep 29 (IPS) - Amnesty International has issued an urgent appeal calling on its members to write letters to the Republic of Iran asking them not to stone seven women.

Nearly all of the women have been sentenced to die by stoning for adultery. Officially Iran had placed a moratorium on the cruel and painful practise in 2002, but Amnesty claims sentencing continues. The group has received credible reports that two people were stoned to death in May.

The United Nations Human Rights Committee has ruled that treating adultery and fornication as criminal offences does not comply with international human rights standards.

"The sentence of execution by stoning for adultery breaches Iran's commitment under article 6(2) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights that death sentences will be imposed ‘only for the most serious crimes'," Amnesty wrote in its appeal.

Under Shari'a law, a prisoner is buried up to her breast, her hands restrained. Rules also specify the size of the stones which can be thrown so that death is painful and not imminent. Both men and women can be sentenced to die by stoning. In

5 Star Poster

Bismiullah Ar-rahman ul Raheem

The pentaly of stoing is what is called for in the Qur'an. Would the world deprive millions of their religious freedom. Do people who complain about these sentences contemplate how these women were caught? Probably becuause other women told on them. Lord knows even those women may have told on other people.

To convict someone to a Sharia punishment one needs to have either 4 Male or 8 female or some combination of muslim witnesses. Where were these women screwing? Somebody would have to have ratted them out.

Even then these women would be let go if their husbands forgave them.

My points being

1.) Chances are if any of these women have lived long enough they have probably helped in the stoning of others.

2.) The muslim world has it's beliefes, and customs, and who is to judge them worse than ours?

They are different. How about the practice under US law of finding someone criminally not guilty then finding them liable and taking all their money? How about the number of people sentenced to death here (in IL in specific) who were on death row. If it were not for the governor those men would be dead. No legal system is perfect. Not there's not ours.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    Bismiullah Ar-rahman ul Raheem

The pentaly of stoing is what is called for in the Qur'an. Would the world deprive millions of their religious freedom. Do people who complain about these sentences contemplate how these women were caught? Probably becuause other women told on them. Lord knows even those women may have told on other people.

To convict someone to a Sharia punishment one needs to have either 4 Male or 8 female or some combination of muslim witnesses. Where were these women screwing? Somebody would have to have ratted them out.

Even then these women would be let go if their husbands forgave them.

My points being

1.) Chances are if any of these women have lived long enough they have probably helped in the stoning of others.

2.) The muslim world has it's beliefes, and customs, and who is to judge them worse than ours?

They are different. How about the practice under US law of finding someone criminally not guilty then finding them liable and taking all their money? How about the number of people sentenced to death here (in IL in specific) who were on death row. If it were not for the governor those men would be dead. No legal system is perfect. Not there's not ours.
    You honestly belieive satan lives in your nostrils at night !? I could go on but pictures speak louder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1992_in_the_town_of_arak_856.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	62502  

Junior Poster

5 Star Poster

Yes. I believe there is no go bu god and Mohammed was the messenger of god.

Do you interrogate the other girls about their religious belieefes?