Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Ginuwine is in trouble on Celebrity Big brother

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Nor would it have been extreme had Ginuwine been allowed his personal space without getting all political on him, if only he had been politic enough not to let his reasons be known.
    Unfortunately she asked him whether he would date a transsexual. When he said no she was already determined to call him transphobic. I understand your point about the word phobia, and though I think fear or discomfort can be a defining feature, the word might also connote irrational animus. We've had a number of conversations about sexual orientation on this forum and most believe that being attracted to trans v. cis women at least bears on that determination whatever the final answer is (please god let's not discuss it). I don't think his unwillingness to date a transgender woman indicates prejudice.

I see her as having interrogated him so she could call him prejudiced without reason.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I don't think his unwillingness to date a transgender woman indicates prejudice.
    Definitely agree. Nothing in the story as told indicates this is the case.

I see her as having interrogated him so she could call him prejudiced without reason.
    Probably so, but if true, why? I mean there was a reason for her action. Retroboy calls her an SJW and seems to think that explains it. I think is a poor characterization and no explanation at all. So what’s her motivation? Is it a conflict of personalities? Jealously? Is she hurt? Is it just press for the show? I’ll admit, I’m out of my depth here. Never so much as seen a clip of Big Brother till now. So I’ll shut up for now.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Probably so, but if true, why? I mean there was a reason for her action. Retroboy calls her an SJW and seems to think that explains it. I think is a poor characterization and no explanation at all. So what’s her motivation? Is it a conflict of personalities? Jealously? Is she hurt? Is it just press for the show? I’ll admit, I’m out of my depth here. Never so much as seen a clip of Big Brother till now. So I’ll shut up for now.
    I don't know and agree there are lots of possibilities. Personally I think she wanted to highlight the prevalence of discrimination against transsexuals and there is no better way to do that than to find a real life example. It is not uncommon for someone who wants to highlight a systemic prejudice to identify a concrete example. The problem though is that what she identified was not in most people's view prejudice, and it stigmatized someone who did nothing wrong and who did not even invite the line of questioning or the wrong conclusions she drew from it.

But I don't know and I put this out there as one possibility among many possible motivations.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

This whole thing is dumb. I keep seeing these headlines that there is a big outcry against Ginuwine, but almost everything I see supports that Ginuwine did no wrong.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Someone might not want to be kissed for any number of reasons. Maybe they’re germophobic, or maybe they just don’t like being casually kissed by strangers. Not wanting to be kissed by someone because they’re transgender does, however, indicate a degree of discomfort (if you don’t want to call it a phobia). It’s far from extreme to make the observation. Nor would it have been extreme had Ginuwine been allowed his personal space without getting all political on him, if only he had been politic enough not to let his reasons be known.

On the bright side there are now three or four more people on HA alone who now know these celebs by name. In the end, ain’t that what it’s all about?
    Yeh, I don't mind R&B but i didn't know about Ginuwene, now I do... damn, actually turns out I knew some of the songs even, just didn't know the artist.... as for the miss India.. well I don't know maybe if it was you wanting to kiss him he wouldn't mind, I for sure would be glad! Would not want miss India to kiss me either though.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Definitely agree. Nothing in the story as told indicates this is the case.

The main reason why people, celebrity or otherwise, go on reality shows is to become famous and/or to re-ignite their fame. If you look through the history of reality shows, there has always been a cast member who has done something to standout from the rest of the pack. I think India's moment was trying to get the most famous person on the show to kiss her.

Now did she do this knowing full well Ginuwine's reaction would have made him look bad and make her look like a "victim"? Only she knows that. But the fact that she was interrogating him before attempting to get a kiss from him tells me that she was trying to get some type of reaction from him in order to have her moment.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Ginuwine was the victim of a sexual assault by India and unwanted sexual advances.

Shaming someone because they rejected you is making a hostile environment at the work place.

Last edited by natina; 01-14-2018 at 05:29 AM.

India Willoughby

India Willoughby is Britain's first transgender television newsreader and the first trans panellist on Loose Women.
    Born as Jonathan Willoughby, she began her career on ITV in 20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBB_India.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	1051707

Name:	46075cc072484a7ae1f64f8acc42b244.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	1051709

Last edited by natina; 01-14-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Ginuwine

American singer and songwriter Ginuwine is best known for his multi-platinum single 'Pony' released in 1996

Name:	CBB_GinuwineB.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	1051708

Remix

Last edited by natina; 01-14-2018 at 05:46 AM.

I don't know that it is " freak show", that's your opinion. Many people think any transgender is a freak show, flamboyant gay male, sodomite ........Ect...

He is worth more then a New York Dime.
    So he doesn't have to work.
    Interest on $10 Million at just 5% is enough to live on it's $42,000/month that's $42K a month.
    That's $10K/week

And he has residuals from a few successful franchises​ like
    Men in Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    So what is he doing on a freak show on Channel 5? Is he that desperate for attention? It can't be for the money.

Last edited by natina; 01-14-2018 at 05:55 AM.