Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: So Trump just forbade the CDC from using the word "transgender"

cosign bullslinger CDC is a farce and cant be trusted as far as u can throw them. I am sure all their family uses organic and stay away from the crooked big pharm system. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25395802_1970612372956520_1800916358354185408_n.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	1046518
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25395802_1970612372956520_1800916358354185408_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	1046519  

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by davejones65 View Post
    cosign bullslinger CDC is a farce and cant be trusted as far as u can throw them. I am sure all their family uses organic and stay away from the crooked big pharm system.
    Your post implies a connection between the Center for Disease Control [CDC] and a problem that arose with a drug called Vioxx that was recalled in 2004. Brandy Vaughan has campaigned on the basis of a diagnosis and treatment with Vioxx that failed. I am not aware that the CDC played any role in either the promotion of Vioxx or its recall, whereas Merck, who produced and marketed the drug are responsible, thus:
    Scientists from the pharmaceutical giant Merck skewed the results of clinical trials in favor of the arthritis drug, Vioxx, to hide evidence that the drug increased patients’ risk of heart attack.
    https://www.ucsusa.org/manipulating-...out-drug-vioxx

So your post that casts doubt on the reputation of the CDC is, I believe designed to raise doubts where they do not need to be raised.
    If you want to debate the role played by drugs/narcotics in human society in the past 7,000 years, or the past 7,000 days, I suggest you start another thread.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

I'm just going to throw this out there for Dave Jones. The FDA and the CDC are two different agencies. The FDA is in charge of new drug applications, and so if you are talking about who approves a drug for a particular condition, that would be the FDA. They are also responsible for monitoring drugs that have been approved in case dangerous side effects appear once the drugs have been marketed.

If there is any doubt about the safety of vioxx or any question about whether it should have been pulled, the responsibility probably lies first with the company who lied during the approval process, and then with the FDA, the government agency charged with approving the drug.

None of this course has anything to do with the recommendations not to use certain words...why we have so many self-loathing reactionaries suddenly appearing in a thread about an agency being warned not to use the word transgender when we are in fact on a forum for transgender females and those who admire them is beyond me.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 12-20-2017 at 05:21 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirkmcgee View Post
    And the Lakers used to be a perennial 50 win team and title contender.

You're judging a publication who's suffered a startling fall from grace based on the past. WaPo is a joke by their own doing. That'll happen when you publish oppositional research straight from a political party without taking the time to try and verify it.
    THe WaPo and NYT are still two of the most credible news sources you'll find anywhere in this country.

The problem is in today's political climate you have right wing partisans who endeavor to get fake news stories reported in newspapers all in an effort to discredit anything they might report in the future.

That type of ideological political tactic never used to happen before.

I'll put up the credibility and journalistic integrity of the WaPo over any 'news source' you try to offer as a counter.

There has been no startling fall from grace for the WaPo.

Don't you find it odd so many right wing operatives have made it their business to destroy the credibility of mainstream news sources like the NYT and WaPo??

Or are you one of those types who thinks the country would be better off if they were replaced by Fox News and Breitbart??

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chupapau View Post
    Good ole fashioned fascism!
    "5 out of 7 members liked this post"

So, statistically, 2 out of 7 are fascists? Or is it that 2 out of 7 haven't looked up the definition of fascism yet?

PS : in case you find a reference to the love of uniforms the good ole fascists had, it has been replaced by a business suit these days (same preferred brand though)

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

I think this is Pence's doing. He's a Christian freak. Probably with ties to the Evangelicals. I think trump doesn't give a shit.

If I got a dime every time I read an ad with purloined photos I could retire right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjS0AbRpAo Andenzi, izimvo zakho ziyaba.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    I think this is Pence's doing. He's a Christian freak. Probably with ties to the Evangelicals. I think trump doesn't give a shit.
    Trumps a narcississt......he lives for people's attention and adulation
    he can eat baby fetuses and stomp on puppies and the trumpies will still love him for it.....MAGA!