Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver Poster

Default Is Kushner Cooked?

if he isn't, at least something's cooking and it doesn't small good

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...638_story.html

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Is Kushner Cooked?

When I was in my twenties, I had lots of different jobs, when I worked at the Library of Congress, two young FBI agents showed up one day, and you could tell from 100 yards away, man, those dudes were sharp as tacks. I was also a mailman in McLean and for a while I used to drive the afternoon collection route which included the CIA at Langley. One time I was running real late and on the winding entrance road I almost flipped one of those piece-o-shit too-tall collection trucks, I ended up careening 75 yards into the front yard of the CIA. Coming out during the afternoon crawl, however, those tall right hand drive trucks gave me an awesome LEG SHOW straight down into the cars of those CIA-Quality secretaries and what I saw was ....Very Impressive.
    Trump, on the other hand, has surrounded himself with his family, and people of the caliber whose loyalty can be bought. Pence and Sessions were just plain stupid Trump is fucked. By his own past. Mueller is heading straight up the ladder and the picture is not getting wider, it's getting tighter with each rung. Back to the Future. I think Mueller has everybody in the White House if he wants them. Nobody can be innocent and work in that White House.
    I can't imagine Kushner flipping on his Father-in-Law, no deal for that cocksucker, he's going down. Like Chinatown, Charlie Brown. Poor Ivanka....
    Jared's on tape colluding with Russians. That might be legal on Fox News, but nowhere else I ever heard of.
    If Trump laundered Russian Money within the last five years, that's black and white conviction, right there. The Money Trail. On paper. In black and white. Everybody else are going to be the collateral damage of Trump's greed. Lock him up!!

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    if he isn't, at least something's cooking and it doesn't small good
    l
    I deduced this from imperfect reports a week or so ago in the Presidency thread-

Court documents show that Mr Flynn told investigators that on December 29, he called "a senior transition official", who was with other members of the team at Mr Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Florida “to discuss what, if anything, to communicate to the Russian ambassador about the US sanctions”.
    But, Jared Kushner was not at Mar-a-Lago on the 29th, he was in Hawaii.
    My rusty maths reckons that leaves two people in the frame for the 29th, unless there are others who have not been identified.

Could the 'missing link' be, not the son-in-law but the son? As in DJ Junior, the one who chops off elephant tails?

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    When I was in my twenties, I had lots of different jobs, when I worked at the Library of Congress, two young FBI agents showed up one day, and you could tell from 100 yards away, man, those dudes were sharp as tacks.
    The main problem for Trump is that he did not find a balance between loyalty and competence. Although I don't think loyalty should be a consideration at all in making appointments, inevitably it's taken into consideration. But usually the functionaries are highly qualified individuals who have had long careers in whatever field they're overseeing. Even his attorneys have not been chosen well.

I don't know why Kushner is at all concerned about public relations. That ship has sailed. People know that he's unqualified to work in the white house. They know that he got into college and law school through nepotism. They know that he inherited a large real estate empire and made a horrible business decision that might put him in financial jeopardy. They know he purchased a small paper and drove out all the career journalists who all thought he was a moron. And they know everything he has advised the president on, including the decision to fire Comey, has been poison.

I don't know whether Kushner will end up being prosecuted or to what extent a Presidential pardon can save him if the President is a co-conspirator. But I do think he should worry more about having really good legal counsel than trying to save reputation that reflects reality and probably won't change. If the President himself had good legal counsel, they would tell him not to tweet about or discuss anything extemporaneously that deals with the Russia investigation. We know he hasn't followed the directive if he's been given it, and one man who has been making the rounds, Jay Sekulow, has not been impressive in his defense of the president. Another, John Dowd, helped the President lie and may be at risk of being sanctioned by his state bar. This is a rare situation where the team assembled by the special prosecutor includes some of the most qualified individuals you're ever going to see and the team assembled by the man with nearly unlimited financial resources is a bad fit. But who knows whether the President is a good client either.

I had a long rambling response to broncofan's post, but I accidentally deleted it. One time my sister got gas in the dentist's chair and suddenly understood life's meaning, she cried for a pen and paper, afterwards, of course, it was all gibberish. I think if I were smart I would just let Mueller and his boys figure our who's cRooked, and who's cooked, because if you ask me they're all crooked. I doubt Melania and Ivanka will go down, but I can only fantasize.

In political jargon, a useful idiot is a person perceived as a propagandist for a cause whose goals they are not fully aware of, and who is used cynically by the leaders of the cause. The KGB practically invented that phrase. To me that explains all of Trump's picks who aren't directly involved in collusion with the Russians.

"when you're a star you can do anything" -Donald Trump
    "you can fool some of the people all of the time" -Sean Hannity

oops, I'm rambling again.

World Class Asshole

Silver Poster

welp, jared and trump's favorite daughter ivanka just got sued for "illegal omissions on their public financial disclosure forms"

wouldn't it be cool if there was a show called orange is the new trump? donald even has the correct skin color for the show

Jared and his wife escaped prosecution in New York, others might not have been so blessed-
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...nal-indictment

What about the new shop Ivanka has opened in New York?
    Ivanka Trump has been accused of a "conflict of interest" after her fashion brand opened a shop in New York's Trump Tower.
    The company's first retail outlet, which sits behind the building's security checkpoint and armed police guards, sells handbags, shoes and jewellery in the lobby of the New York City skyscraper.
    Ivanka Trump merchandise had previously only been sold through wholesale distributors and online. Some retailers stopped stocking the brand as sales plummeted following her father's election.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8114091.html

-$298 for a handbag sounds downmarket for Manhattan socialites.

I saw a TV show once about rich kids who inherited so much money from their rich dads they never had to work a day in their lives, some got jobs, some just socialized, trying to amuse themselves, they had a saying that you weren't really rich until you got sued.
    Trump lost billions of dollars in real estate, Atlantic City, a sham Football League, he went bankrupt all the time, that's just how it goes. When a door closes, a window opens. There's always some schmuck ready to tie themselves to Trump's name and hit it big, .....some win, some lose. All that money has to come from somebody.
    But the BANKS aren't schmucks, and they quit lending Trump money, so he and Jared and the kids had to go to Russia, where post-USSR Robber Barons had millions of rubles they stole, and needed a corrupt guy to launder it in the West. This is where Mueller is doing his main work, I think, his team is full of guys that are CPA-types that follow the money trail through German and Cyprus banks, etc. To Trump real Estate Deals or Businesses that existed only on paper. That why they busted into Manafort's house.
    I used to steal money at my job, I spent it on alcohol, drugs, go-go-girls, hoes, big laughs. All they had to do was look at THE BOOKS, and I'd have been cooked. But I made sure I spent all my ill gotten gains on ill thrills, a double-life, I was superstitious that way, to my co-workers I drove a reasonable car and wore cheap clothes.
    Trump's big mouth and Twitter Acct will do in his whole family, We Amerikanskis really are just as devious and self centered as any other country, we let a lot of wrongs go unpunished, but when Putin uses our own President as a Political Asset, that crosses a line. I think in one sense the Trump Family will end up being collateral damage in a fight between US Intelligence and Putin's Intelligence, that's the War that has been on like Donkey Kong for the last 75 years. All the Nuclear Weapons in Russia are aimed at the US.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0000.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	1046503  

World Class Asshole

He may not be cooked, but he seems to have been goosed, by none other than Bomber Bannon-

As for Kushner, Bannon made little attempt to disguise his contempt. “He doesn’t know anything about the hobbits or the deplorables” – using two ironic terms for Trump supporters.

It was Kushner who reportedly encouraged the president to fire FBI director James Comey, a move that could come back to haunt him during the investigation into alleged collusion with Russia in the election campaign. Bannon said: “It’s the dumbest political decision in modern political history, bar none. A self-inflicted wound of massive proportions.”

I like this one in particular, proving how remote from real life -and the law- these people are:

[Bannon] condemned Ivanka over her handling of the recent US Senate special election in Alabama, where Republican candidate Roy Moore denied accusations of sexual misconduct with teenagers. Ivanka said pointedly during the campaign: “There is a special place in hell for people who prey on children.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...house-tensions

Unless they live in the USA, Ivanka dear, where they can legally marry them.

Hey man, there are reports of Ivanka screaming curse words at Bannon, what the fuck is the President's daughter doing in the White House giving orders anyway? We're talking about the President's SON-IN-LAW, for God's sake, This is a Shakespearean Comedy of the lowest order. I feel like I'm sitting in the cheap seats at the Globe Theatre, "A midterm nightmare" is onstage.
    Latest rumour has the Fox News/Trump/House team cooking up a vacancy sign for Rudy Giuliani to fill playing the part of ......Rudy Giuliani. Maybe the Republicans have decided that leaked rumors of Trump colluding with Putin are better than Indictments proving it, I mean, would Trump lose his 33% even if they had pictures of him and Russians laughing it up in the White House right after he fired the head of the FBI? Facts have no bearing in this administration.
    Double, double toil and trouble;
    Fire burn and caldron bubble.

World Class Asshole