Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Have any of you done DNA testing ?

I have Neurally Mediated Hypotension, but the best book on it I've found is about SYNCOPE, which is MD lingo for fainting. Even though I haven't fainted since a summer when I was twelve. Norepinephrine plays a big part in stimulating blood vessels to constrict, in my case the opposite happens. Fucked for Life. But my genes are pretty normal.
    My brother was a Chemistry Teacher so anything I don't understand he does. When we were all little kids, he knew our Family had Indian Blood from my Cousin Brenda's eyelids.

pictures hoster

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

I believe this was the basis of their recommendation though obviously I'm not a doc. Rapid metabolizer of cyp2c19. I see clomipramine, escitalopram, citalopram, and amitriptyline are metabolized by this enzyme. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYP2C19

I was looking for my test but cannot find it tonight. But I was a rapid metabolizer for substrates of cyp2b6 which led to their recommendations about bupropion/wellbutrin.

My test did not have the dopamine beta hydroxylase activity which is an interesting one. It's interesting when I take a noradrenergic drug, and I've taken many, I get panic attacks and my blood pressure which is usually about normal, soars. I hope you and your doc get something useful out of this...

I don't know diddly squat about neurally mediated hypotension, but I wish you the best. I do have depression though that is somewhat controlled but not completely remitted, so I empathize!

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    I have Neurally Mediated Hypotension, but the best book on it I've found is about SYNCOPE, which is MD lingo for fainting. Even though I haven't fainted since a summer when I was twelve. Norepinephrine plays a big part in stimulating blood vessels to constrict, in my case the opposite happens. Fucked for Life. But my genes are pretty normal.
    My brother was a Chemistry Teacher so anything I don't understand he does. When we were all little kids, he knew our Family had Indian Blood from my Cousin Brenda's eyelids.

pictures hoster
    I think you are referring to the epicanthal folds of the eyelids. But lots of races have them , including Italians , Swedes and Poles...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicanthic_fold

Senior Member Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    I think you are referring to the epicanthal folds of the eyelids. But lots of races have them , including Italians , Swedes and Poles...
    There's a mythical picture of my cousin Brenda in the sink that would explain all, but no way will you guys ever see it.......

World Class Asshole

Post Re: Have any of you done DNA testing ?

Cheap recreational DNA testing can change lives . $69-$150 USA

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/she...she-was-irish-—-until-a-dna-test-opened-a-100-year-old-mystery/ar-AAoV9g6?li=BBnb7Kz

https://www.familytreedna.com

http://www.africandna.com/tests.aspx

The Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey

Spencer Wells (born April 6, 1969 in Georgia, United States) is a geneticist and anthropologist, an Explorer-in-Residence at the National Geographic Society, and Frank H.T. Rhodes Class of '56 Professor at Cornell University. He leads The Genographic Project.

Wells also wrote and presented the PBS/National Geographic documentary of the same name. By analyzing DNA from people in all regions of the world, Wells has concluded that all humans alive today are descended from a single man who lived in Africa around 60,000 - 90,000 years ago, a man also known as Y-chromosomal Adam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Wells
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_Wells

PBS/National Geographic documentary

The Journey of Man: A Genetic Odyssey

National Geographic's massive Genographic Project

Think of the Whitest person you know: someone with blond hair, blue eyes and almost translucent skin, not a drop of Black ancestry in them. Now think of the darkest person you know: someone richly endowed with traditional African features, not even a drop of White ancestry in their past. Well, guess what? Scientists now trace the origins of both of these people-and of all human beings who have ever walked the face of the earth-to Black Africa, to the region around what is now Ethiopia. As Spencer Wells, the director of National Geographic's massive Genographic Project, puts it: "Our species evolved in Africa, and a subset of Africans left that continent around 50,000 years ago to populate the rest of the world. Our earliest ancestors probably looked very much like modern Africans."........

Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
    Alphonse Fletcher University Professor, Harvard University Director,

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Wells has concluded that all humans alive today are descended from a single man who lived in Africa around 60,000 - 90,000 years ago, a man also known as Y-chromosomal Adam

Of course, because why would anyone want to give the first man, particularly the first man from Africa an African name like Akachi, Dado or Obasi?
    Keep the narrative as white as you can or the people will be confused. Or better still, tell us something we don't know.

Senior Member Professional Poster

These DNA test kits are a huge data mining mission. Who would really want to release that to companies like Google???