Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920 LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster Lester316's Avatar

Default Re: Is it gay to be attracted/intimate with Trannies?

Quote Originally Posted by Aticus100 View Post
    BOOM! and there's the point. I wasn't the one doing the labelling, Holzz was as he seems to see "gay" as something he needs to distance himself from by laying claim to only being attracted to femininity.

Which is why my rebuke pointed to the somewhat less than feminine attributes of his chosen partners and followed up with a comedic reference to how "gay" he was.

You see in some instances, context is everything.
    My point is that sometimes context doesn't help; you used "gay" to insult him, whether done through comedy or seriousness you were labelling someone. Whether he wants to be seen as straight or gay; it's not your right to label him just to prove your point. How about in future just pointing out he can be who he wants to be and doesn't need a label rather than resort to poor humour?

Before I came here I was confused about this subject. Having listened to your lecture I am still confused. But on a higher level. Enrico Fermi

I confused things with their names: that is belief. Jean-Paul Sartre

Senior Member Junior Poster

I've thought about your comments quite a bit and taken into consideration that they may be well intentioned and intended as advice.

But I prefer poor humour.

Actually, scrap that. You dived in to take offence on someone else's behalf by laying a weak claim to be offended by something without having a clue about the context. That's the kind of nonsense that sees Wing Commander Guy Gibson's dog written out of history lest someone take offence at its name.

If on a Transgender forum (FFS!) contributors can't use the word "gay" without you choosing to take up the mantle of the Humour Police when you decide it has been used in a context you don't approve then you need to ask yourself if you on the right kind forum!

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

I've thought about your comments quite a bit and taken into consideration that they may be well intentioned and intended as advice.

But I prefer poor humour.

Actually, scrap that. You dived in to take offence on someone else's behalf by laying a weak claim to be offended by something without having a clue about the context. That's the kind of nonsense that sees Wing Commander Guy Gibson's dog written out of history lest someone take offence at its name.

If on a Transgender forum (FFS!) contributors can't use the word "gay" without you choosing to take up the mantle of the Humour Police when you decide it has been used in a context you don't approve then you need to ask yourself if you on the right kind forum!
    Or seeing as we're on a Transgender forum you could consider that what you say to one person might not offend them but could others. As I said context is often irrelevant; your awful humour is secondary, your ease of using labels as an insult is worse.

I've taken your justifications for what you said and why into consideration and I think you're guilty of hypocrisy. According to your posts you've found someone special, have a nice enough life to live away at the weekends and party at bars amongst others who you feel comfortable being yourself around but you also take the time to label people and make jokes about their sexuality.

Perhaps if you weren't apparently so lucky to have found acceptance in a world that can be quite vile about people's differences you would be less likely to make jokes at the expense of others.

I'd suggest that someone who thinks making jokes about people being in the closet really doesn't belong on a forum built on the acceptance of all our differences as a positive thing.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Lester316; 12-21-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Transexual Princess Junior Poster KelliBlueEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lester316 View Post
    Or seeing as we're on a Transgender forum you could consider that what you say to one person might not offend them but could others. As I said context is often irrelevant; your awful humour is secondary, your ease of using labels as an insult is worse.

I've taken your justifications for what you said and why into consideration and I think you're guilty of hypocrisy. According to your posts you've found someone special, have a nice enough life to live away at the weekends and party at bars amongst others who you feel comfortable being yourself around but you also take the time to label people and make jokes about their sexuality.

Perhaps if you weren't apparently so lucky to have found acceptance in a world that can be quite vile about people's differences you would be less likely to make jokes at the expense of others.

I'd suggest that someone who thinks making jokes about people being in the closet really doesn't belong on a forum built on the acceptance of all our differences as a positive thing.
    I’m more offended by a cis male using the term “tranny” as was done in thread title.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.
    Snap: Kelliblueeyesx

Http://Kelliblueeyes.tumblr.com

@KelliBlue@switter.at

I think Lester, that you have completely lost yourself in your determination to be offended at the me making a joke about Holzz being in the closet.

You seem to be casting around for ways in which you can display that I have offended not only yourself but unnamed others.

As you say, we are on a forum in which a great many members will undoubtedly be “in the closet”. If ever there was a forum on which being in the closet was a relevant jocular reference then this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliBlueEyes View Post
    I’m more offended by a cis male using the term “tranny” as was done in thread title.
    Very good point; there are too many threads with titles that shouldn't have the names they do. Considering Grooby's push to rebrand I'm surprised on a forum they own that more of an effort hasn't been made to rectify that issue.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Very good point; there are too many threads with titles that shouldn't have the names they do. Considering Grooby's push to rebrand I'm surprised on a forum they own that more of an effort hasn't been made to rectify that issue.
    Some discussion of that here:

http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...g-Thread-Names

I think Lester, that you have completely lost yourself in your determination to be offended at the me making a joke about Holzz being in the closet.

You seem to be casting around for ways in which you can display that I have offended not only yourself but unnamed others.

As you say, we are on a forum in which a great many members will undoubtedly be “in the closet”. If ever there was a forum on which being in the closet was a relevant jocular reference then this is it.
    I haven't lost myself at all; but you still seem to think certain jokes are just fine sadly.

It's hard enough for people to come out; this forum could/should be a place where they might take their first steps in doing so (whether they are transitioning, gay, bi, confused or whatever) but instead how about we keep it a place where those lucky enough to be comfortable in their current situation can take the piss. You will be happy with that at least.

I haven't lost myself at all; but you still seem to think certain jokes are just fine sadly.

It's hard enough for people to come out; this forum could/should be a place where they might take their first steps in doing so (whether they are transitioning, gay, bi, confused or whatever) but instead how about we keep it a place where those lucky enough to be comfortable in their current situation can take the piss. You will be happy with that at least.
    I think that’s and fair and reasonable propstiotion, however, like it or not I have a caveat.

I reserve the right to take the piss out of Holzz in any way I deam fit wether you choose to be offended on is behalf or not.

This is not a case of me choosing some random poor and undeserving individual to pick on and as someone who has been on this forum far longer than myself you must know this.

Transexual Princess Junior Poster KelliBlueEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post

And i read that discussion
    Shameful that it’s acceptable and common to use a slur against trans people on a trans oriented forum, but if i started a thread “sex with [insert slur here]” I’d get shit for it

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Snap: Kelliblueeyesx

Http://Kelliblueeyes.tumblr.com

@KelliBlue@switter.at