Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Is the GOP Tax Bill a Smuggler's Charter?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkmcgee View Post
    ^The idea that Obama only told 18 lies during his entire Presidency is fucking hilarious.
    Hm. Why don't people trust mainstream media again?
    Oh boy, another one.

World Class Asshole

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Oh boy, another one.
    It's an absolutely absurd claim to try to put forth.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

It's an absolutely absurd claim to try to put forth.
    I'll bite. Why?

World Class Asshole

Member Rookie Poster

I'll bite. Why?
    Maybe because its a total falsehood?

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Maybe because its a total falsehood?
    OK that's it, I was thinking of giving you a little more line but a suspect you're just another little fish in the big Rush Limbaugh pond, am I close?
    Because your boy Trump lies more than a hundred people put together.
    I can't wait to get him under oath.

World Class Asshole

Member Rookie Poster

OK that's it, I was thinking of giving you a little more line but a suspect you're just another little fish in the big Rush Limbaugh pond, am I close?
    Because your boy Trump lies more than a hundred people put together.
    I can't wait to get him under oath.
    I mean, how fucking much of an ardent partisan hack do you have to be to take issue with someone saying, "wow what a completely ridiculous claim that Obama only lied 18 times during his 8 year Presidency"?

As for the nonsense about Rush, doubly hilarious considering I'm willing to bet you get your news from the nether-regions of journalism, the Salon's, thinkprogs etc. Same coin, just heads or tails.

Say what you want about Trump, and there's a lot that can be said on the con side, but I know one thing-he said we'd get to 3% in our GDP output despite the previous President saying it would take "a magic wand." POOF!

Does anyone else realize that as long as middle america is back to work, growth is up and unemployment is down that no one gives a shit about the extracurriculars, and certainly not a completely manufactured Russian narrative? People just want to make money.

0 out of 5 members liked this post.

...Does anyone else realize that ...middle america is back to work, growth is up and unemployment is down.....
    Thanks Obama!!!
    ha ha ha ha!
    Hey, don't get your Make America Great Again hat in a bunch, American.
    35% of the country CAN"T be wrong!!!
    ha ha ha ha.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

I mean, how fucking much of an ardent partisan hack do you have to be to take issue with someone saying, "wow what a completely ridiculous claim that Obama only lied 18 times during his 8 year Presidency"?

As for the nonsense about Rush, doubly hilarious considering I'm willing to bet you get your news from the nether-regions of journalism, the Salon's, thinkprogs etc. Same coin, just heads or tails.

Say what you want about Trump, and there's a lot that can be said on the con side, but I know one thing-he said we'd get to 3% in our GDP output despite the previous President saying it would take "a magic wand." POOF!

Does anyone else realize that as long as middle america is back to work, growth is up and unemployment is down that no one gives a shit about the extracurriculars, and certainly not a completely manufactured Russian narrative? People just want to make money.
    The economy is cyclical and while I'm sure Obama or any Democrat would have taken credit for the run we've had in the last year if they were in office, tracing it to policies is a bit more difficult. I'll also point out that in spite of the boon to the economy, as Buttslinger pointed out, Trump has a historically low approval rating of 35%. So at least 65% of people are smarter than you. They have probably noticed the unprecedented incompetence of his nominees, his failure to come up with a coherent health care bill, his routine attacks on a free press, and other hallmarks of his lack of character and special lack of competence.

The Russia investigation is a subject for a different thread, but we know several things. First, we know that Russia did hack the DNC and release the emails in order to swing the election to Trump. Second, we know they disseminated propaganda to try to help Trump win. We know that Flynn probably violated the Logan Act in his discussions with them during the transition, which contained indications that Trump would ease sanctions imposed by Obama to pay them back, and then lied to the FBI about it (which is consciousness of guilt and its own crime). We know that Trump fired Comey by his own admission because of the Russia investigation, including Comey's prosecution of Flynn, who we also know thanks to sloppy tweeting Trump knew was guilty. So we know the President committed obstruction of justice, a felony, and that several people who worked for him including his National Security Advisor have already been indicted for federal crimes.

I'll also point out that like some people who post talking points some of what you say doesn't make sense. 3% of GDP? Do you mean an increase of GDP by 3%? You do know there's a difference between achieving that in a single year and it being a sustainable thing right?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    The economy is cyclical and while I'm sure Obama or any Democrat would have taken credit for the run we've had in the last year if they were in office, tracing it to policies is a bit more difficult. I'll also point out that in spite of the boon to the economy, as Buttslinger pointed out, Trump has a historically low approval rating of 35%. So at least 65% of people are smarter than you. They have probably noticed the unprecedented incompetence of his nominees, his failure to come up with a coherent health care bill, his routine attacks on a free press, and other hallmarks of his lack of character and special lack of competence.

The Russia investigation is a subject for a different thread, but we know several things. First, we know that Russia did hack the DNC and release the emails in order to swing the election to Trump. Second, we know they disseminated propaganda to try to help Trump win. We know that Flynn probably violated the Logan Act in his discussions with them during the transition, which contained indications that Trump would ease sanctions imposed by Obama to pay them back, and then lied to the FBI about it (which is consciousness of guilt and its own crime). We know that Trump fired Comey by his own admission because of the Russia investigation, including Comey's prosecution of Flynn, who we also know thanks to sloppy tweeting Trump knew was guilty. So we know the President committed obstruction of justice, a felony, and that several people who worked for him including his National Security Advisor have already been indicted for federal crimes.

I'll also point out that like some people who post talking points some of what you say doesn't make sense. 3% of GDP? Do you mean an increase of GDP by 3%? You do know there's a difference between achieving that in a single year and it being a sustainable thing right?

I love when stupid people try and condescend. The factcheck link put it over the top. Why not use Snopes while we're at it. No bias there.

Anyway, as far as your approval rating dig-its easy to get a number when you oversample the shit out of a poll. I thought this lesson would be learned after the 2016 election, but apparently, you and a bunch of others who are hellbent on overtly showcasing their stupidity decided to plug their ears, shut their eyes and shout MUH RUSSIA, over and over again. At least some of you have recognized its a failed narrative at this point, others have moved into the realm of accusing JILL FUCKING STEIN of being a Russian agent (HAHAHHAHAHA).

We know that Flynn probably violated the Logan Act in his discussions with them during the transition, which contained indications that Trump would ease sanctions imposed by Obama to pay them back, and then lied to the FBI about it (which is consciousness of guilt and its own crime).
    In what universe do we know this. Further, how is the prospective head of the NSA in violation of the Logan Act if he's acting on behalf of the incoming President? That's more of a stretch than saying Obama is in violation for currently meeting with world leaders with the very clear goal of subverting the current Presidents agenda. Where'd you conjure this shitty argument from? Salon? Slate?

I'd delve into the details of how the obstruction of justice claim is another crock, conjured by either completely intellectually dishonest hacks who comprise that "free press" which is nothing more than partisan hackery at this point, Jeffrey Toobin being a fine example. But obviously, random guy, you know much more on the legalities of obstruction than people such as Alan Dershowitz. Not my favorite person to be sure, but certainly no conservative. So tell me, since you've clearly looked at the federal obstruction statute, and you obviously know more about it than a constitutional scholar and Harvard Law Professor, tell me how his powers under Article II don't clearly make the case that the head of agencies such as the FBI serve at the pleasure and under the direction of the President, and can be fired at will? Furthermore, prove intent statutorily. You can't. All the Vox articles in the world and one dopey tweet are a shitty way to pass the bar of reasonable doubt.

On your last point, where like a typical leftist you parse words as opposed to offer anything of substance, tell that sustainability argument to the NY Federal Reserve and their 4% projection next year. Somehow I have a feeling our, "free press" neglected to mention that on MSNBC.

And just to cut this line of argument off at the pass because its so typical at this point-Fox News sucks balls too.

Just a reminder. This whole conversation started because amazingly enough people can't accept that its completely ridiculous that beloved members of our "fREEEEEEEE press" the New York Times of all places, actually tried to pass off as fact that Obama only lied 18 times in his 8 years. HAHAHA. Yeah. And that administration was scandal free, as a year later there's STILL dirt coming out on his direct support of fucking Hezbollah.

0 out of 5 members liked this post.