Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Realgirls -

I agree that Clinton was more of a conservative Democrat than Bush is a liberal Republican. Even though I lean conservative I generally liked Clinton's position - particularly 2nd term - more than Bush. That's not the issue. Democrats want to unseat a Republican President and vice versa, regardless of how centrist they are. That's the ill of our 2 party system!

But, you can't honestly claim that the Dems play nice more the the Repubs. Let's go through your claims.

1. Chelsea is ugly = Bush kids are drunks (both true).
    2. Everything Clinton did was for sex = Everything Bush does is for oil money.
    3. Halliburton contracts=Presidential pardons
    4. Clinton didn't inhale = Bush was a coke monger
    5. Clinton draft dodger = Bush deserter (funny how NOW, military experience is so vital whereas it was meaningless in war hero Dole vs. draft dodger Clinton)
    6. Fahrenheit 911=Rush Limbaugh (both entertaining, opinionated guys that the other side finds totally annoying)
    7. Rush's Rx addiction = Michael Moore's cheeseburger addiction

The one uneven parallel is that Laura Bush gets zero flak while Hillary took alot. But, Hillary CHOSE a public life and took risks (and benefited) whereas Laura (and her mother in law) doesn't.

I also love how Bush is accused for sucking up to the oil companies yet Clinton got no press for being a telecom shill (not to mention invested next to nothing in non-traditional energy).

Besides, Clinton had twice the tenure of Bush (to date) so we should expect twice the personal attacks.

I agree with you that American politics is ugly, unproductive, and ultimately doesn't produce the leaders we need. But, both parties and the voting public's insatiable appetite for scandal are to blame.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

1. Chelsea is ugly = Bush kids are drunks (both true).
    They're drinking underage by choice - Chelsea didn't choose her parents.

2. Everything Clinton did was for sex = Everything Bush does is for oil money.
    Let's have more Presidents who want to get laid instead of destroying other countries.

3. Halliburton contracts=Presidential pardons
    1 pardon gets a guy out of prison - against 1000's of pardons to make money through the deaths of Americans.

4. Clinton didn't inhale = Bush was a coke monger
    Marijuana vs Cocaine....nuff said.

5. Clinton draft dodger = Bush deserter (funny how NOW, military experience is so vital whereas it was meaningless in war hero Dole vs. draft dodger Clinton)
    A draft dodger was making a statement again a war, a deserter (of the national guard???) was just a drunk, lazy rich kid.

6. Fahrenheit 911=Rush Limbaugh (both entertaining, opinionated guys that the other side finds totally annoying)
    One shows facts (if they're not facts then why is nobody getting sued?) - the other gossip.

7. Rush's Rx addiction = Michael Moore's cheeseburger addiction
    Both irrelevant to discussion - the conservative media broke the Rush Rx story not the Dems.

Pretty piss poor - would have expected better comments from you.
    seanchai

Rookie Poster

Here's another bush mosaic:

http://artofresistance.nfshost.com/

Junior Poster

Sorry I disappointed you but, in truth, I was just trying to add a bit o' levity to the conversation. That said, you've got me on those.

Can we at least agree on my candidate for the Oval Orifice?

Paz e Amor

Sea(thinkingItstimetotalkabouttranniesagain)man
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nataly_on_desk.jpg 
Views:	1791 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	8471  

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seaman
    OK, the rookie responds.

Canihavu - The repbublicans didn't steal the election in 2000, Ralph Nader did. If W is such a moron (which, btw, I suspect he might be), its embarassing that the Dems let the thing get that close.

Realgirls4me - I'm aware of the capitalization rules. I guess I figured I could fly below the MEGABODY radar LOL. Oh, BTW Ace, lets be adults and admit that every president takes crap for things they don't deserve and every party dishes it out equally. W liked coke as much as Clinton loved blowjobs and Billy Carter loved drinkin' beer. The sad part is that due to party politics and the always biased press, we'll never really know the truth about Whitewater, Halliburton, or Chappaquiddick (sp?).

Seanchai - Lets be clear...none of this kuwait, iraq, saudi thing is really about democracy. I don't think Clinton, Bush, Kerry, et. al. give a rats ass about olive farmers in Iraq or cattle herders in the Somalia. Geez, democracy arguably doesn't work in this country (evidence: W vs. Kerry, W vs. Gore). Also remember Ghana, a dictatorship, enjoys the highest standard of living of any country in violence-ravaged West Africa.

Its all about the judeo-christian first world's selfish interests. In the middle east, we've got tons of self interest such as:

1. access to cheap oil
    2. preservation of open markets and the global economy
    3. support for large or powerful ethnic groups (e.g., American Jews and Cubans, French Muslims)
    4. Protection against rogue military crackpots

Too bad getting horny gringo tourists laid ain't on the list!

Funny thing about Cuba is that, up until the last year, it was among the easiest places to get laid. As long as you stayed away from minors, Fidel couldn't care less. Now, he's criminalized prostitution to the extent that only the more desperate girls take the risk - and this probably has increased the proportion of underage girls. I must have sent away 20% of the girls I met there because they had no ID (code word for under 1.
    I disagree, the Republics stole that election plain and simple. Ralph Nader must be an undercover Republican. I do agree with the part about the Democrats being an embarrasment, though.

Rookie Poster

i'm surprised to see this discussion in such a forum!

to most "normal" people, people like us who enjoy these types of images and discussions are wierd guys. some may even call us sickos... maybe they're right, maybe not...

but anyway... i would expect board visitors here to be especially tolerant towards topics like homosexuality, prostitution, etc. all things where a certain party is not tolerant in any way!

idealising politicians who demonise you...
    as i said: surprising to read this!

Junior Poster

Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as pro-Bush, pro-religious right, or anti homosexuality and prostitution. Not all those who will vote for Kerry support all his policies (e.g., he supported and continues to support this nonsense in Iraq).

Funny, I long for the socially liberal, economically conservative candidate like Clinton sorta was. Otherwise, if I support free markets and lower taxes, I'm forced to align myself with the moron "family values" homophobes.

Rookie Poster

Kerry is not the best I agree, but Bush is the beast!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by christianrod30
    Kerry is not the best I agree, but Bush is the beast!

LOL!!!!! How true!!!!

Junior Poster

Yea, I agree, but how do you guys who are anti-war reconcile your support of Kerry when he not only voted for the war but also now says he even would have supported with without WMD evidence? I know Kerry says he would have had a better plan (without any details as to what it would have been) and bigger coalition (assuming that was possible...NOT), but, either way, many men would have died.

In the words of Ralph Nader himself, how can anyone who is against the war not vote for Ralph Nader?