Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default A Great Bush photo

a mosaic created from the photos of the soliders who have died so far in Iraq.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bushimage.jpg 
Views:	3949 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	8459  

Junior Poster

Today's evidence that democrats have too much time on their hands.

(and that's some trash talkin from a rookie poster)

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seaman

I guess you're right since the Republicans stole the election four years ago, the Democrats have had nothing much else to do.

Gold Poster

Nice pic there, D. Imagine how fine and clear it would appear if it also included the thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians killed due to dipshit's war ?

I just love how Conservatives and Republicans (You really need to capitalize "democrats", Ace, if you're referring to members of this country's Democratic party) talk about the hatred many have for Dubya, but conveniently forget how what they did to the Clinton Administration dwarfs anything Bush has received, or is receiving so far. It seems to me that if they want to dish it out, they should also be able to take it.

...I'll never forget the time I saw footage of Bill Clinton leaving a Sunday service with Chelsea, and being harrassed by some middle aged bald fat moron calling him names. Imagine the feeding frenzy that would set off at Fox News if someone would do that to the moron-in-charge today ?
    I wish I had been nearby when this fucken clown started heckling Clinton next to his daughter. I would have mustered everything my angered 6'2" frame could have mustered and beaten his face into a bloody pulp. I would not have let up.

And, no, I was not a Bill Clinton fan at all, but Clinton took shit that was clearly unwarranted at times. I often wonder what Republicans and Conservatives would have treated him like if he had indeed been a Liberal. Clinton was the most right-wing Democrat to ever occupy the White House, and they still gave him shit everyday of his administration.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

If anyone wants to read some great media, "The Independant" in the UK last Sunday had an article on the innocent people killed AFTER the conflict in Basra by British soldiers, where the British commanders had admitted their fault and paid compensation. It was moving (a teacher, a policeman, a hotel desk clerk, etc).
    I just wish the rest of the world's media could be so forthcoming - and no, "The Independant" is not a left-wing media outlet, luckily in the UK we have more than two individuals controlling all the media.

Particularly interesting this week was Kuwait's choice to ban "Farenheight 9/11" - so British and American soldiers died in the liberation of Kuwait for what? Certainly not for democracy which we use an excuse to take on other countries? Or not, so it seems.

I loved Bush, followed by Kerry having a go at Fidel Castro for promoting sex tourism and allowing prostitutes including possible underage to work freely within Cuba to bring in money...being one of the few members of this board who has travelled outside my own country, I was dissapointed there was not more prostitution when I was in Cuba, it was actually a bitch to find a girl never mind a TS. However, the US friendly countries of Mexico, Thailand and Brazil (oops what about the Netherlands?) nevermind, NYC, LA, London, etc I had no problem finding working girls and TS's who were not persecuted by the law.

There is no democracy in the US when you vote for a guy, purely to get another guy out. When you can vote for a party or an individual you truly believe wants to do good - then you have democracy. You're voting for the better of two nightmares...at least get Kerry and it cannot be as bad as we've had it.

BTW - thanks for all the 9/11 tickets - promotion continues.
    seanchai

Junior Poster

OK, the rookie responds.

Canihavu - The repbublicans didn't steal the election in 2000, Ralph Nader did. If W is such a moron (which, btw, I suspect he might be), its embarassing that the Dems let the thing get that close.

Realgirls4me - I'm aware of the capitalization rules. I guess I figured I could fly below the MEGABODY radar LOL. Oh, BTW Ace, lets be adults and admit that every president takes crap for things they don't deserve and every party dishes it out equally. W liked coke as much as Clinton loved blowjobs and Billy Carter loved drinkin' beer. The sad part is that due to party politics and the always biased press, we'll never really know the truth about Whitewater, Halliburton, or Chappaquiddick (sp?).

Seanchai - Lets be clear...none of this kuwait, iraq, saudi thing is really about democracy. I don't think Clinton, Bush, Kerry, et. al. give a rats ass about olive farmers in Iraq or cattle herders in the Somalia. Geez, democracy arguably doesn't work in this country (evidence: W vs. Kerry, W vs. Gore). Also remember Ghana, a dictatorship, enjoys the highest standard of living of any country in violence-ravaged West Africa.

Its all about the judeo-christian first world's selfish interests. In the middle east, we've got tons of self interest such as:

1. access to cheap oil
    2. preservation of open markets and the global economy
    3. support for large or powerful ethnic groups (e.g., American Jews and Cubans, French Muslims)
    4. Protection against rogue military crackpots

Too bad getting horny gringo tourists laid ain't on the list!

Funny thing about Cuba is that, up until the last year, it was among the easiest places to get laid. As long as you stayed away from minors, Fidel couldn't care less. Now, he's criminalized prostitution to the extent that only the more desperate girls take the risk - and this probably has increased the proportion of underage girls. I must have sent away 20% of the girls I met there because they had no ID (code word for under 1.

Thanks for being so patronising Seaman, I know it's not about democracy which is why I made the statement - fail to see how by you're making it any clearer?
    seanchai

Junior Poster

Sorry mate, didn't mean to be patronizing. In general, I agreed with your post - it was the others that I took issue with.

I just wanted to clarify, in the context of an anti-Bush post (board? community?), that Bush and the Republicans don't have a monopoly on this nonsense about pursuing democracy. Bush deserves much of his criticism, but as I see it, Clinton dressed up selfish agendas as "protecting freedom" as much as any President. Its just part of the job.

BTW: If you're searching for good objective media coverage in North America, check out the Canadian news that is availble on most satellite systems (think its called CBC). Objective, no spin news.

Like I said, most countries don't vote for a leader they believe in, they vote for getting another one out. Although I think Kerry's heart and direction are in the right place, people should be and will be voting for him to get Bush out.

After the Conservatives fucked the UK up for years people voted for Blair and his New Labour party because they believed in it - and it worked for a while, Blair's had his time and should step aside for a labour leader that has the thoughts of the country and not his own moral views.

After I stopped vomitting after hearing how Blair and Bush prayed together, I realised it was time for him to go.
    seanchai

Gold Poster

OK, the rookie responds.

Canihavu - The repbublicans didn't steal the election in 2000, Ralph Nader did. If W is such a moron (which, btw, I suspect he might be), its embarassing that the Dems let the thing get that close.

Realgirls4me - I'm aware of the capitalization rules. I guess I figured I could fly below the MEGABODY radar LOL. Oh, BTW Ace, lets be adults and admit that every president takes crap for things they don't deserve and every party dishes it out equally. W liked coke as much as Clinton loved blowjobs and Billy Carter loved drinkin' beer. The sad part is that due to party politics and the always biased press, we'll never really know the truth about Whitewater, Halliburton, or Chappaquiddick (sp?).

I just wanted to clarify, in the context of an anti-Bush post (board? community?), that Bush and the Republicans don't have a monopoly on this nonsense about pursuing
    democracy. Bush deserves much of his criticism, but as I see it, Clinton dressed up selfish agendas as "protecting freedom" as much as any President. Its just part of the job.
    Uhhhhh, yes they did steal the election. Gore's terribly run campaign notwithstanding (e.g., Not winning his own home state ???), and the spineless Democratic party to defend him, the machinations of a pro-Bush state and Supreme Court made it all possible.

On the Clinton criticism, I defy you to come up with an administration so servile and compliant to the other side of the aisle as Clinton was (Look at the Republican policies he went along with) to the Gingrich Republicans and get the incessant criticism and treatment he did everyday, be it on talk (hate radio) radio, the internet, the mainstream press, or cable TV. Clinton received the brunt of it -- enough for three administrations. Even his family wasn't spared. I remember seeing the Limbaugh TV show where he told his audience there was a new dog in the White House. He then proceeded to promptly display a picture of a teeny-bop Chelsea. Real class that Limbaugh, huh ? In the eyes of many of his detractors, Clinton could not so much as exhale without some ulterior motive in tote for it.

I only wished the Democratic party would fight back in an eye-for-eye fashion.