Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Beautiful Girl NEEDS HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Naf1981 View Post
    And her phone number is there- just call her, do everyone else who reads this a favor and confirm that when you spoke to her she didn;t ask for money ,she didnt sounds dodgy, she just needs a place to stay. What kind of scam could this be exactly?
    The kind of scam, where she slits your throat in the middle of the night and her buddies steal everything in your house.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Slitting your throat is perhaps a bit of an extreme example, but it's too easy to imagine waking up & discovering the person you let in has left early, taking your laptop, valuables etc & the phone number no longer works to try & trace them

I've let friends in need sleep on my sofabed before now, but only where we already know each other & there is an element of trust. People might be more open to helping strangers if they felt these sort of crimes were taken seriously by police, but more & more we read about offences related to stealing, not being investigated due to limited resources being used elsewhere.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Becoming homeless must be a nightmare beyond belief?
    Just how full is your house exactly? If she is your friend, FIND SPACE!

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

your fantasy Veteran Poster Ts RedVeX's Avatar

I know somebody who might soon have a house in Wales whose roof might need some mending... And the shed.

REDVEX's KINGDOM

Arrange an appointment via adultwork.com (please call beforehand to see if I am free at the desired time)

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Wow.
    She wants to live in England as a girl and feels free to do so, in Spain, for whatever reason, she doesn't seem to have that freedom which is why she is desperate to stay.
    I posted for the first time on this site because someone asked me for help, I expected a few cynics , a few jokers and hoped, as it only takes one, that one person might be able to help. You think you can scrutinize this post as a scam on the basis that me, her friend, has not helped, and instead turned to strangers, and even after saying I was unable to help you want to scrutinize further by saying surely I could come up with £37? I shouldn't feel compelled to explain my situation but it seems nothing else will ease your mind as to why I cannot help her. So, from the age of 16 I began working in an industry and did well, by 30 I was a senior manager and earning around 2.5x the average uk salary. I escaped redundancy when it came round, my position was made redundant but their was a less senior vacancy in a different dept which I thought would be better to take while I look for another job. So I took that job, learnt something completely new and after 6 months my boss left and I took her position. A year later there were huge redundancies, including me, I got the minimum payout, but wasn't at all worried about getting a job because I'd done well in my career and I was about 32 at the time. I didn't have any savings either, because, that just the way I lived and managed money. Anyway, the redundancy money ran out after a few months and I had to sign on. I tried everything,even starting at the bottom again,I applied for thousands of jobs, had some interviews, got let down a couple times but it took almost 2 years to get a job again, which paid about a a third of my old job. I did that job for 6 months and then and old colleague offered me something in the company she worked at which was similar to my old job but still much less money, I took it. I had to leave that job after 6 months because I couldn't perform. It had been brewing for years but was amplified through my hard times, I had a very serious drinking problem, and other stuff, and eventually it took over and claimed everything I had. Eventually my family helped me and I went to treatment, that was around 8 months ago,and so far have been clean. I don't have a home in London anymore, I live in Kent with my mum and rest of the family. I am focusing on recovery, and have been given the chance by my family to take it easy for a while , I have no income, I live in their house, eat their food and watch their TV but i am actually happy. I was getting some kind of benefits but that was stopped a month after treatment. Anything I need I have to ask my family, a toothbrush, a mars bar whatever, right now I have zero income and I am not in London, and I didn't feel I could ask my family to help because they've already helped me, and they're not loaded or anything, to ask them to help someone I know would take the piss. So just to clarify, being provided for by my kind family, am recovering from many years of addiction and do not live in London where she does - this is why I can not help for anyone who wants to keep playing that card. Yeah its only 37 quid, what kind of a friend are you? Well, I am friend who tried to help using what I had available, this forum, people I know in London and a few real long shots, I cant give her £37 because thats £37 more than I have. And if you still want to be cynical then reply to this and ill send you my number, ill tell you the whole story, Ill show you my CV, my linkedin profile, emails explaining to recruiters my redundancy, and anything else you want to satisfy you. Shit, maybe you should come round for dinner and ask my mum if it was worth sending to me to rehab or not? An open mind is not the cure for a narrow mind but i hope you are somewhat satisifed as to why I cant help and a little less suspect of this being a scam.

Funnily enough, she sent me a text earlier saying someone had called her and wanted to meet her and may be able to help. I told her to get his details and make sure you meet in public and be careful just incase this person has other ideas but give them the benefit of the doubt. Around 10pm she text me saying she met him , it went well and maybe tomorrow she might have a place and when she gets a job she will pay him something. I replied about half an hour later. Now, when someone always replies quick thats what you expect, but she didn't. An hour passed and on whatsapp I could see she was last online at 10pm, another hour passed and i thought this is strange for her, so I text her directly to her mobile, no reply, then I called her, phone switched off, the last time I tried to contact her was around 5am, still switched off. She said she might have lined up a place for tonight, monday night, but didnt tell me the details. From what I can tell, her phones been stolen, and I dont know if shes ok or not and wouldnt even know where to look. So I'm really worried that someone may have taken advantage of her, or it may be a completely reasonable explanation . I just checked her whatsapp again and it still says last on 10pm.

Posting here, or expecting help was a bad idea, I expected some suspicion, fair enough, but I think its been taken to too far. I replied to all the comments with explanations, and still you guys went on. And now - maybe she's not safe, and that could be as a result of posting on here, of course theres always a risk, I just hope she is ok.

I agree 100% and felt in my honest responses to the some of the concerns raised and by posting her number and saying meet her, talk to her, let her tell you the story, that some doubt would have been removed. There are very elaborate scams that occur and they masterfully exude honesty. I understand.

I also understand the concern a person might have in helping a random person, and I could suggest to counter that is to speak to the girl or meet her and, as I know she is genuine, hopefully whoever met her would also see that. I knew this was a long shot and it was done quickly because of the urgency or her situation, if it was required in a month or if she was a member perhaps it wouldn't have lacked clarity, but it was an urgent situation and I've done the best I can.

As explained a few times...
    1) I don't live in London
    2) I dont have a house
    3) I live with my parents
    4) I was quite successful but alcoholism took over and I lost everything
    5)periods of unemployment left me broke and on benefits for around 2 years
    6) I got out of rehab 8 months and am taking it easy, I live with my family and they support me because I need this break and will think about work in January, I can't ask them for more help, they're not loaded, the house is small given the amount of people living in, and its a further complication because its 2 hours away from London and she wants to be in London, even if I convinced my parents to let her stay it wouldnt do much good because he is trying to get a job in London so needs to be there.
    More details of my story are in another reply above, but feel free to enquire further if you wish and ill provide whatever I can to satisfy you.

Maybe you'd be kind enough to contact your previous employers and see if they have any openings?

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Naf1981, if any of the above drivel is actually real then you're incredibly naive and stupid to write as much detail about your life on an open forum. You also should have thought about the potential consequences of posting such a request on behalf of your "friend" who (if true) is in a very vulnerable position.

"Posting here, or expecting help was a bad idea"

About the only sensible thing you've said...

ps. If she had a phone worth stealing, then it was also worth selling or pawning for the money she needed. Did you think of that?

Last edited by Laphroaig; 10-31-2017 at 09:11 AM.

I don't know the model of her phone but I am sure if she was mugged for example, they would take every thing. Perhaps she lost it or hopefully something I've not considered happened and she is ok. If someone had to start selling their possessions in order to survive, I imagine a phone would be the last to go as its much needed for support and in her case so she can be contacted by potential employers ( phone interviews, arrange interviews) and to call and apply for jobs, of course you can apply mostly online but a phone also caters for that. Even the a minimal mobile phone user would feel lost to some degree without their phone, they are pretty much essential to daily living and very practical. So, no, I didn't think of that but perhaps I'll create a mental list of what I think she may own and advise her to visit a pawn shop.

Yes I agree posting here was a mistake, I didn't evaluate the site correctly and consider some possible outcomes or (mostly)negative feedback. It was done in haste due to her informing me of her situation after it had progressed quite far. Had I of had weeks to prepare I'm sure I would have come up with better options, but I didn't so here we are. She did however agree to it, and ,to make any possible positive outcome rapid, agreed to have her number included. I did discuss with her some suggested conditions for meeting should anyone call but she busy all day as was I and didn't disclose the exact details.

Please clarify further about my drivel. It was suggested that this post was a scam or something of the kind because I posted on her behalf as friend, requesting the help of strangers yet seemingly not helping her myself. Its a fair point and I tried to clarify without going in to detail but further clarity was requested so I explained in detail, for the sake of this post and her maybe getting help, my exact situation and why I am unable to help her. If, in explaining in detail, why I am unable to help her leads to people changing their opinion of this post from that of a fake scam to a genuine request for help, then maybe someone will help her. There is no cost to me, no stakes. I am not sure what you are suggesting, something about my identity which is of course unknown on here? Or that I should perhaps be ashamed, embarrassed and far from willing to speak openly and honestly about my life? I have nothing to hide, I'm happy to share my successes including my latest in doing well in overcoming alcoholism, a condition that more sufferers die from than survive, around 10k people die of illness related to excessive drinking in the UK per year. The drivel became necessary, not because of my burning desire to post a mini autobiography but a requirement from other site members who were not satisfied with my more vague disclosures about why I am unable to help. If you could clarify please, I'm curious.