Default What happened to Hillary in London?

The circumstances of Hillary’s injury is very murky. She was quoted as being extremely pleased with her medical care. She can’t stop being a politician.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-foot.amp.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: What happened to Hillary in London?

“I was running down the stairs in heels with a cup of coffee in hand, I was talking over my shoulder and my heel caught and I fell backwards,” she said. “I tried to get up and it really hurt. I’ve broken my toe. I’ve received excellent care from your excellent health service.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-hour-intervie

Much ado about nothing it seems to me. But that won't stop those who wish to inflating every incident as some evidence that she ought to retire and grow roses or whatever it is she likes to do when she is not involved in politics. Even if retirement is a reasonable proposition, it is the tone her critics use which implies she is in some way permanently impaired that makes one wonder what medical evidence they have, though these days it seems evidence is irrelevant and the only thing required is to make a statement no matter how true it is, and let it run through social media.

On the other hand, she has received a warm welcome here, which is not hard when you compare her calm and dignity with the latest outrageous slur on former Presidents who, according to this present one, have not done as much as he has to comfort gold star families. The opportunity to insult President Obama presented itself and he just could not restrain himself but only realised later he had also insulted Presidents Bush, Clinton, Reagan...the list goes on and on.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ch-comforting/

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    The circumstances of Hillary’s injury is very murky. She was quoted as being extremely pleased with her medical care. She can’t stop being a politician.
    So what great scandal are you trying to insinuate? I'm pretty sure every politician who needs medical treatment says the doctors did a great job. The only evidence for 'very murky' is that her comms director referred initially to a twisted ankle when it turned out to be a broken toe. If the story was concocted wouldn't they have taken greater care to get the details right?

I'm not American, but can I never understand what it is about Hillary that makes some people so fixatedly irrational.

Last edited by filghy2; 10-17-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Silver Poster

foxnews? what's next: alex jones? what the fuck were you doing looking at fox news buddy?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...-foot.amp.html
    because she was always going to say her treatment was shit.
    and even if it was - all she was doing with her comment was to be a gracious guest.

if it had been trump i could well imagine him tweeting that it was terrible #sad #bad