Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default Re: Sunset and Wein: a tale of old Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Sony TriStar has pulled the new film from Ridley Scott from the AFI Festival. All the Money in the World is about the kidnapping of John Paul Getty III but features Kevin Spacey and the producers did not want other stars like Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams to be questioned in public about Spacey, sexual harassment, and so on. Netflix has also decided not to show Gore, with Kevin Spacey (it is about Al Gore, it is not a horror movie, I think there is a difference), while those who have worked on House of Cards now claim Spacey has been a serial groper, pest, call it what you will.

Looks to me like that phrase 'You'll never work in this town again' is going to mean we may have seen the last of Spacey for some time...but would that be fair, would it be just? He has not been arrested and charged with a crime (yet) let alone convicted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8041576.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8035026.html
    I think its fair in the sense that people in Hollywood and the media have lost their jobs for saying something stupid. So if there ever was a reason for someone not being able to work for awhile it would be that person being a serial groper. Especially when one of their victims was a 14 year old boy.

Now I do think there has to be statue of limitations when it comes to some of these groping allegations. Meryl Streep alleges that Dustin Hoffman groped her back in the day. Now if it indeed did happen, maybe it should be resolved between the two of them and not brought out into the open.

I don't want to see this thing becoming a witch hunt or people use it as a way to settle any old scores they may have.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    Would it be fair? Sure. There are plenty of jobs that pay peanuts, yet still have employment standards, that at the very least, don't allow you to go around grabbing genitalia. I like to think there's occasionally a price to pay for being an asshole like that. Incredibly hard to land a job and keep successful at it the way Spacey has. Which of course is one of the many reasons sexual harassment has gone unpunished for so long in Hollywood. He's lucky he already got to amass plenty of wealth in his middle years.Give someone else a chance. Fuck him. (Chances are he will one day land on his feet again anyway)

Just a quick correction. The Kevin Spacey film "Gore" for Netflix is about Gore Vidal.
    My mistake with Gore, I don't know what happened there. I also agree with your points and those made above by Broncofan and Blackchubby. Even if not proven in a court of law, Spacey has conceded he crossed the line and there seem to be multiple examples now. But hard to see him working as an actor in films in the near future. I don't know if his relative popularity will save him in the long run, I shall probably still watch The Usual Suspects without feeling embarrassed. After all, I know what sort of person Wagner was, but I shall never stop listening to Tristan or the Ring, a debate for another thread I think. Curious how different it seems when the person concerned is alive.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    My mistake with Gore, I don't know what happened there. I also agree with your points and those made above by Broncofan and Blackchubby. Even if not proven in a court of law, Spacey has conceded he crossed the line and there seem to be multiple examples now. But hard to see him working as an actor in films in the near future. I don't know if his relative popularity will save him in the long run, I shall probably still watch The Usual Suspects without feeling embarrassed. After all, I know what sort of person Wagner was, but I shall never stop listening to Tristan or the Ring, a debate for another thread I think. Curious how different it seems when the person concerned is alive.
    I think its safe to say after today's allegations against him, Spacey is probably finished in Hollywood. Now the question becomes does anything he was starring in like All the Money in World ever get released. Or does it go straight to DVD and streaming sites.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    I think its safe to say after today's allegations against him, Spacey is probably finished in Hollywood. Now the question becomes does anything he was starring in like All the Money in World ever get released. Or does it go straight to DVD and streaming sites.
    Straight to sales I think, but then the question is, who is interested in a film about Gore Vidal or John Paul Getty III? Not me, for what that's worth.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

i'll be honest- there are some people i just can't wait to see burn. spacy? okay. weinstein? fuck him. sheen? fuck him just as hard (as use the idiot above me's dicks to it).

the point, if there are still assholes and molesters (clears thought. coughs and takes another swig of whisky- mmmmm sorry had to do it for you assholes)... where was i?

i fucking wager- there is one more producer still to be "uncovered". new yorker.

stravos: wanna start googling like a good doggy?

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

I don't know what percentage of crimes that occur actually get prosecuted, but I imagine it's a very small percentage.
    Gaming the system is the American way.

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    stravos: wanna start googling like a good doggy?
    -Hmmm..Reservoir Dogs... Maybe we should rest the case on evidence rather than barks and bites, Mr Blonde.

Silver Poster

jeezus that was a terrible joke. i wish you'd at least have respected me enough and given me something to work with and instead a clumsy hash attempt at tarantino?

okay, it's whatever i guess.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Damn, and Louis CK bites the dust!
    "At least I asked if they minded before I got my dick out"!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

If a woman laughs when Louis CK whips his dick out is it because 1) of his comedic performance and absurdist sense of humor, 2) it's the only way he can think of at the moment to score, or 3) his dick is humiliatingly tiny? Given the state of modern masculinity, one wonders which reaction he's going for.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.