Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Sunset and Wein: a tale of old Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    btw: my favorite part of your whole reply was when you said you didn't know who bieber was, then you explained exactly who bieber was:
    "I don't really know who this Bieber fella is, some pop singer with loadsamoney and not many brains who wants to get laid as often as he can- big deal. "
    then you end it on "big deal". but you're the one who brought him up with your example of an NDA. if he's not a big deal, why did you use that example?
    The theme is control, a person controlling events so that if something happens it can be covered up, denied, erased. This is where Justin Bieber and George Clooney or whoever it is fits in with the argument even if it has nothing to do with sexual assault as is alleged to be the case with Weinstein. And I don't know much about Bieber, I have never listened to his music, I don't know much about him other than he is Canadian and has a reputation for being a bit wild -I avoid pop singers and reality tv because they don't interest me but I thought that thematically it was relevant to the thread. You also seem to get upset when people using the internet use an internet link to back up a claim or offer a more detailed account that is online/ It is not necessarily a weakness on my part, as I have in other threads quoted from books that sit on my shelf at home, and even think I have a few original ideas sometimes.

Lastly I am not sure why you are so hostile, the thread is about something serious that has been known about but not exposed enough in the entertainment industry - and sport, and politics, and the Church- and we are being asked, what are we going to do about it, or, can we do anything about it? I would prefer it if you addressed that issue.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

The problem is entirely with this guy. He will quote a sentence of what he thinks is a contradiction with no purpose in sight. If, for instance, I say there were a lot of people complicit through silence or by facilitating sexual assault, his contradiction is that Harvey had too many connections that could destroy these people. But if people can't talk because Harvey's henchmen were too powerful then the blame shifts from people who were intimidated into silence to those within and outside of the industry who through corruption and malice suppressed evidence of sexual assault. The correction is fine, but it still means that there were a lot of people complicit, but instead of by silence, through active means. But like a little child he's too eager to show people he knows something that he's forgotten his point if he ever had one.

He has no intention of having a conversation or advancing a conversation, only of telling us that he knows how Hollywood parties work. This is not the only thread on this side of the forum he has derailed...

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    You're exactly the type of person I despise. A shmuck who is so insecure that he's dying to tell people who he knows, who he's related to, and what celebrity's party he's a wallflower at. A small fish in big waters who nobody respects and so he takes it out on others with his resentment. Someone who wants recognition for worthless ideas simply because he believes he's important. A bad writer, a worse thinker, and just an all around pest.
    Not wishing to pour oil on troubled waters but I just read this response and it might be the best forum “put down” I’ve ever seen.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

You didn't confront me about repeating other people's bullet points, you literally made up an accusation that I did. You're genuinely too egotistical and dumb to talk about any issue so you insult others.
    is that fucking right? i made up all this crap up right? (everyone: feel free to read all the bullcrap and make a judgement for yourself.).

the more i talk to you (or rather, type to you), the more i dislike you.

you're at a minus twenty by now. i hope i'm lower by your standards.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

Lastly I am not sure why you are so hostile, the thread is about something serious that has been known about but not exposed enough in the entertainment industry - and sport, and politics, and the Church- and we are being asked, what are we going to do about it, or, can we do anything about it? I would prefer it if you addressed that issue.

don't see the point (again- this isn't the issue) but whatever... i have time.

you said one thing that was incorrect. i stated it was incorrect. what next? air is good for humans. drinking clean water is great. see. it's easy to state the obvious.

how about context you big dummy?

Silver Poster

The problem is entirely with this guy. He will quote a sentence of what he thinks is a contradiction with no purpose in sight. If, for instance, I say there were a lot of people complicit through silence or by facilitating sexual assault, his contradiction is that Harvey had too many connections that could destroy these people. But if people can't talk because Harvey's henchmen were too powerful then the blame shifts from people who were intimidated into silence to those within and outside of the industry who through corruption and malice suppressed evidence of sexual assault. The correction is fine, but it still means that there were a lot of people complicit, but instead of by silence, through active means. But like a little child he's too eager to show people he knows something that he's forgotten his point if he ever had one.

He has no intention of having a conversation or advancing a conversation, only of telling us that he knows how Hollywood parties work. This is not the only thread on this side of the forum he has derailed...
    incorrect- but obviously, we're going nowhere with this rather than rambling back and forth. here's the case: you're saying something based on what you think is right- and something based what i think is right. the question, who do you believe? you have your party (i'm cool with that- i hate them too) and i don't have mine (im cool with that too).

royal rumble?

?

Last edited by bluesoul; 10-20-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The theme is control, a person controlling events so that if something happens it can be covered up, denied, erased. This is where Justin Bieber and George Clooney or whoever it is fits in with the argument even if it has nothing to do with sexual assault as is alleged to be the case with Weinstein. And I don't know much about Bieber, I have never listened to his music, I don't know much about him other than he is Canadian and has a reputation for being a bit wild -I avoid pop singers and reality tv because they don't interest me but I thought that thematically it was relevant to the thread. You also seem to get upset when people using the internet use an internet link to back up a claim or offer a more detailed account that is online/ It is not necessarily a weakness on my part, as I have in other threads quoted from books that sit on my shelf at home, and even think I have a few original ideas sometimes.

you're a bullshitter and always have been. george clooney and the biebz are two totally different personalities acting in different ways and to suggest they somehow "get your phones" is just idiotic.

to put it mildly- i think you're someone who doesn't get exposed to the outside world much. you're entire universe is just googling what you think you know and expounding on that.

now this isn't such a bad thing when you're dealing with certain subjects- but not this. and now you're dealing with someone who isn't that type of character- nor am i the type of character to put up with that kind of crap. you wanna go back and forth about this? you can write all you want- but to me, it's flapping gums and stroking your pony boy's ego and nothing more.

we can do this all year long (the year isn't that long btw)

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Aticus100 View Post
    Not wishing to pour oil on troubled waters but I just read this response and it might be the best forum “put down” I’ve ever seen.
    appreciate your input but let me just ask: what would you rather have? a bunch of people agreeing or different arguments corresponding (with a few insults to boost i have to admit that)? what's more fun?

Gold Poster

If any of your comments made sense or you offered something critical but helpful I'd have accepted it. Whatever your issue is, it's serious.

You seem to think that it's unreasonable for Stavros to read news stories or google something. Do you expect him to fly from the UK, embed himself as an undercover journalist at one of Bieber's parties and tell us his first-hand accounts? I haven't paid super close attention to the stream of comments between you and Stavros but this is my general impression.... a re-enactment:

Stavros: celebrities will sometimes use ndas as well as other means to protect privacy. But there's a difference between protecting privacy and placing a gag on someone that prevents them from revealing criminal wrongdoing.

You: the way they protect privacy is not what you claim it is. If you had ever been to Hollywood you'd know they don't take your phone. Someone's stuck in the 90s(chuckles).

Stavros: but the main point is that this is a serious problem and there are concerns about various ways illegal activities can be covered up.

You: You claim you don't know much about Justin Bieber but you know he sings. Keep googling google boy. Google google google.

Stavros: yes, but there are various news organizations whose job it is to report stories accurately and have editorial standards that....

You: let me stop you right there I'm falling asleep. I stopped reading when you said something like "I'm boring I read...google google.."

I would take some of the blame for this conversation not going the way it should have but your interaction with him pretty much shows us why it's impossible to have a conversation with you.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Silver Poster

lol

i don't give a fuck how you rucking want to end this. the bottom line line is, if you or anyone says something that i think this stupid i will call it out. it's as simple as that. and i get it, you want to get away with your crapship- that fine. get away with it. just don't don't it when i can see. now, do you feel feel bad?

i didn't to take you feel so bad. you can be the idiot you are and just know your place just know when your call for okay? you get it? dummy?