Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Sunset and Wein: a tale of old Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    yawn- first of all i'm not agreeing with you or proving your point dimwit. i'm actually saying everything about your point was incorrect. can't you fucking read?

two: how do you know i wasn't sexually assaulted myself? you know you have no point to make so now you play the victim. story, but just like quantasia sharpton, alleging you've been sexually assaulted does suddenly make it so.

and actually i do know what you would have done and what your motives are. you know how? your history. but that's just typical of you- to try and make this about yourself.
    Yes, because nobody who is self-absorbed has ever been sexually assaulted. In fact, it creates a shield around you which protects your bodily integrity. If subjects are personal I don’t see the issue with bringing in experience. When someone mentions the Nazis or antisemitism I almost always mention that I’m Jewish. When someone wants to discuss a legal issue, I sometimes though not always mention that I’m a lawyer. I typically don’t mention that I am a victim of sexual assault and in fact, other than the people I reported it to I’ve only confided in three people who know me personally.

The fact is I have no problem with you disagreeing with me or even bringing in information that makes my claim that more people should have acted seem unreasonable given specific things about Hollywood. I do have a problem with you telling me my concern is fake or that I have no clue how I would act in such a situation.

I want you to think about how someone with not such great self-control who has been sexually assaulted (and ignored and undermined when he reported it) would react to what you’ve said. It’s absolutely infuriating. I also don’t know why you have chosen to target me and a few other people for insults and abuse which is often gratuitous and completely uncalled for.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

and actually i do know what you would have done and what your motives are. you know how? your history. but that's just typical of you- to try and make this about yourself.
    And if your insults were just a way for you to tell us you're connected in the industry or an insider, just say it. I think that's what you've been hinting at with most of your posts.

Do you think nobody was in a position to tell the board at the Weinstein company? Yes, it could jeopardize their career, but if people can come forward, even if they're not sure it will make a difference of course they should. It was the fact that the NY time story was published that created an environment where other victims felt they could come forward. The board at the Weinstein company claimed they didn't know about the abuse, which is unlikely to be true, but if someone other than a victim reported it to the board at the risk of their career, it would be tougher for the board to claim they didn't know.

The irony of all of this, the attacks on me, accusing me of faking interest in sexual assault, is that it was just a means for you to say you've been to Hollywood parties or are an insider.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 10-18-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

nobody confiscates a phone at an industry event or party. your phone is put into a magnetic wallet that you cannot open and you keep that. when you leave, you go to the security people to have it unlocked. most events are just too big to have people "hold onto" that many phones not to mention the clusterfuck of all those people trying to get back their phones.
    if someone is making people sign NDA's, then it's unlikely those people are in the industry- and since you mentioned the biebz i'd wager those were groupies asked to sign documents. a few years back (maybe 3 or so) a certain choreographer decided to go up against someone in the music industry. i think they had underestimated what he was up against. not long after spilling the beans on said industry guy, he very quickly left the country, retracted his story and his career was done. last i heard, he's still scared to come back.
    nobody confiscates a phone at an industry event or party. your phone is put into a magnetic wallet that you cannot open and you keep that. when you leave, you go to the security people to have it unlocked. most events are just too big to have people "hold onto" that many phones not to mention the clusterfuck of all those people trying to get back their phones.
    -a person goes to a party and their phone is taken away from them so that they cannot access it at any time during their presence at the party. In other words, it is confiscated, or find me another word to describe what happened.

You are missing a key point: privacy and the right to privacy, and sexual assault. I don't really know who this Bieber fella is, some pop singer with loadsamoney and not many brains who wants to get laid as often as he can- big deal.

There is a major difference between a private party among consenting adults, and an encounter between a producer and an (aspiring or established) actor who is physically assaulted against their will. The point of issue that I was drawing attention to was the difference between an NDA in advance of a wild LA party, and in the case of the producer and the actor, after the assault, a 'gag' via an NDA on an illegal act. In both cases, a person with money/influence is determined to control events to their advantage, which might be fine for innocent incidents, but not where a criminal act has taken place.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    In both cases, a person with money/influence is determined to control events to their advantage, which might be fine for innocent incidents, but not where a criminal act has taken place.
    Pretty comprehensive treatment of the enforceability of NDAs.
    https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...harassment-nda

Last edited by broncofan; 10-19-2017 at 04:30 AM.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I don’t see the issue with bringing in experience. When someone mentions the Nazis or antisemitism I almost always mention that I’m Jewish. When someone wants to discuss a legal issue, I sometimes though not always mention that I’m a lawyer.
    sorry -not sorry: but i only read until here and had to stop. you're exactly the type of person i absolutely despise. you're a lawyer who tells people they're jewish when someone mentions the nazis.

i'd understand if you mentioned you were jewish because someone was saying something antisemitic around you or directly to you- but to do it just because someone mentioned the nazis? well- that's exactly the kind of thing that really salts my meat.
    and while i could have let you do your little song and dance routine all day long i realized i'm just not that person.

btw: remember when i told you, you just repeat other people's bullet points? here you are saying exactly that. i'm sure a lawyer as "creative" as you can even find a place to include that you're jewish in that piece right?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

sorry -not sorry: but i only read until here and had to stop. ...btw: remember when i told you, you just repeat other people's bullet points? here you are saying exactly that. i'm sure a lawyer as "creative" as you can even find a place to include that you're jewish in that piece right?
    To be fair, broncofan didn't repeat a single bullet point from ( here you are saying exactly that ). Rather, he commented upon each and invented an amusing comparison that alluded to a previous poster's somewhat flawed logic. It might do you well to actually read the posts (in their entirety) to which you reply.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    -a person goes to a party and their phone is taken away from them so that they cannot access it at any time during their presence at the party. In other words, it is confiscated, or find me another word to describe what happened.
    it's not confiscated. you can choose not to have it in the metal wallet by simply returning it your car. in fact, if you go to an event that doesn't want you to have your phone, they'll tell you not to bring your phone. it's much easier for everyone this way.

see, you can find every little way to claim it's confiscation, but it isn't. one of the biggest reasons it's done is to avoid random flashes coming from random phones when pictures are being taken because flashes create shadows.

btw: my favorite part of your whole reply was when you said you didn't know who bieber was, then you explained exactly who bieber was:

"I don't really know who this Bieber fella is, some pop singer with loadsamoney and not many brains who wants to get laid as often as he can- big deal. "

then you end it on "big deal". but you're the one who brought him up with your example of an NDA. if he's not a big deal, why did you use that example?

and this is the problem when you just copy and paste stuff you've googled. you're trying to make something you read (probably about beiber) fit an industry that he isn't involved in. for all i know beiber confiscates phones at all his parties or maybe he did so at that one particular party.

as to the rest- you can honestly be serious this needs a reply. i said one of the reasons weistein's behavior hadn't surfaced earlier publicly was because his lawyer had paid off the DA.

and you say "the point of the issue that i was drawing attention to..." as though i missed a point. i didn't miss a fucking point- i made the same bloody point. so i guess it was just your need to state the obvious?

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    To be fair, broncofan didn't repeat a single bullet point from ( here you are saying exactly that ). Rather, he commented upon each and invented an amusing comparison that alluded to a previous poster's somewhat flawed logic. It might do you well to actually read the posts (in their entirety) to which you reply.
    when i confronted him about repeating other people's bullet points, he said he didn't. here you are saying exactly that is him saying "I've actually taken down what Trish wrote in case I have to explain to anyone the case for anthropogenic climate change."

so in case he has to explain anthropogenic climate change, he took down what you said so he can make that his reply. so what do you think he "took down" and why when he said it was to make the same reply on that topic?

and you said to read the whole post. he's just flapping gums. he liked what you said and wishes you expanded on the topic to include class struggle. obviously he wanted more bullet points.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 10-20-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Gold Poster

The entire purpose of the post was a joke. It was a play on the fact that redvex thinks everything is about communism so I found a segue to talk about how it would be a good primer on both subjects. The "I've taken this down...it's the das kapital of climate change explanations" was meant to sound like a stuffy Marxist professor, a stereotype someone on the right might have....Jesus Christ (who was a Jew*)

You didn't confront me about repeating other people's bullet points, you literally made up an accusation that I did. You're genuinely too egotistical and dumb to talk about any issue so you insult others.

The only reason you made the distinction between confiscating phones and locking them in a magnetic wallet is so you can claim insider knowledge. It has no relevance at all to his point. Nobody gives a shit if you think you're an important person. They only know that you have almost nothing to add to any conversation.

Last edited by broncofan; 10-20-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Gold Poster

sorry -not sorry: but i only read until here and had to stop. you're exactly the type of person i absolutely despise. you're a lawyer who tells people they're jewish when someone mentions the nazis.
    You're exactly the type of person I despise. A shmuck who is so insecure that he's dying to tell people who he knows, who he's related to, and what celebrity's party he's a wallflower at. A small fish in big waters who nobody respects and so he takes it out on others with his resentment. Someone who wants recognition for worthless ideas simply because he believes he's important. A bad writer, a worse thinker, and just an all around pest.