Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: What about your music taste

I was raised on classical music, being a member of a church choir which performed the music of JS Bach, Vaughan Williams and Benjamin Britten, also an introduction to live music performance that I am sure has shaped my attitude to musicianship.

I did stray into pop music in my teens, and then the West Coast and Rock music of the late 60s and 70s -Cream, Pink Floyd etc- before taking an interest in Jazz, mostly modern, and through the experimental Jazz of Coltrane, Pharoah Sanders (who died this last week or so), Ornette Coleman and Cecil Taylor back through Schoenberg and Stravinsky to the older tradition, from which I have never left.

I was taken to the Ballet when I was 10, and opera at age 11, thanks to my mother though she was a dilettante rather than an intellectual, and I have been to most of the world's best opera houses in London Paris, Milan, Munich, Berlin, Vienna, New York and Moscow, so if I spend the rest of my life in the opera house, it will be a fitting end to a life in which music has been one of its most important and enjoyable elements. And though I have no interest in most of the so-called music being played today, I recognize how important it can be to people of all ages, and would not want to deny it to anyone because of my personal tastes.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Wesley Willis.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

I'm 45 from Queens New York so I grew up a Huge Fan of Rap music and Hip Hop culture which I still love and I am still current, I didn't age into one of those dudes who don't know what's going on anymore and many of my favorite Emcees are still putting out great music, like Eminem, G Rap, Ra the rugged man, Vinnie Paz the cats from Wu Tang clan, The LOX, and so many others, a lot of underground dudes are bringing back the 90s style being Lyrical spitting to book bap beats like Conway, Benny and ALL Griselda affiliate's OT the Real is killing it now, Freddie Gibbs may be a fake Gangsta but his music is dope and lots of others.
    Next I love 80's Pop..... All the great songs that made The radio and MTV, a few examples, Prince, Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michaels, Elton etc.
    Next 90's and Early 00's Pop, Then 50's music.
    Then Older Rock like the Beatles, Stones, Areosmith up to the 90's dudes like Guns and Roses etc.

Member Rookie Poster

90s hip hop ❤️

Member Rookie Poster

Incognito.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBabe_ View Post
    90s hip hop ❤️
    Never gonna be anything like it again, I'm loving the fact some many Emcees from NYC are bringing that sound back, Conway and then threw that ball and tons of cats are running with it. Mase, and Cam'ron reconnected formed a click with Jadakiss called the 3 Headed Monster it's one single right now BUT if they can get the paper work to a place they all agree on we could get a full LP Mase is Back to Murder Mase Lyrically and theme wise.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    I'm 45 from Queens New York so I grew up a Huge Fan of Rap music and Hip Hop culture which I still love and I am still current
    So you are 45, you love rap, you love Trump, love big butts, have a big ego and talk nonsense much of the time. That's a lot of coincidences. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Blues/Rock/Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    So you are 45, you love rap, you love Trump, love big butts, have a big ego and talk nonsense much of the time. That's a lot of coincidences. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West
    I always speak the truth, you only think it's nonsense because you have never been on a Godlike level like I have many life is well known by many and Ye may have more then me now BUT he was born in Chicago I was born in one of the most expensive areas in New york looks money and power adds up to a life you call nonsense Peasant
    Edit: I was the man when Ye couldn't shine my shoes, don't hate cause you ain't me and are a coward and average loser, I guarantee you wouldn't talk shit to my face if you did you would have to act like a man and see what's up

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by rodinuk; 10-19-2022 at 04:54 AM. Reason: tag fix

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    I always speak the truth, you only think it's nonsense because you have never been on a Godlike level like I have