Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Professional Poster

I also LOVE jazz, from the old masters like Miles, Coltrane, Roach, etc. to the more avant-garde stuff. Also I like acid jazz/rare groove and '60s-'70s funk, psychedelic rock, and progressive rock. I also love classical, folk, and Indian music.

Professional Poster

Dang, Ariana. That's an impressive list. (And your drawings on your MySpace site are equally impressive.)

I would like to add Far Eastern and Middle Eastern classical musics to my list, as well as humpback whale recordings and recordings of outer space from some of NASA's deep space probes. Yes, there IS sound in deep space.

Speaking of, I could use a good 1972-74 "Dark Star" right about now.

Rookie Poster

I listen to a lil bit of everything, I however favor old school r&b (Al Greene, Teddy P era), Early 90's Rap (Wu-tang, Biggie), some of the newer rap, but not impressed. Soft rock(magic 106.7) , Most of the newer r&b (r.kelly, dru hill), a dash of soul and jazz here and there.

5 Star Poster

Low, Swervedriver, DJ Shadow, King Crimson, Built To Spill, Jawbox, Velvet Underground, Gang of Four, Galaxie 500, My Bloody Valentine, Bruford, Rasputin, Decemberists, Radiohead, the Microphones, Beatles, Zepplin, Robin Trower, Wishbone Ash, BT, Paul Van Dyk, Pat Metheny, Paul Simon, Sarah Harmer, Cory Sipper, Dropkick Murphys, Pixies, Autechre, Plone, Plaid, Boards Of Canada, Ween, Miles, Mingus, the Shins, the Verve, Henryk Goreski, Verese, Gomez, early Stevie Wonder, Spinners, Mahalia Jackson, Randy Crawford, Patrice Rushen, Al Green, Howlin Wolf, Esthero, Bjork, Paul Oakenfold, Suzanne Vega, Aimee Mann, Neil Young, Dixie Dregs, Aretha, Capt. Beefheart, Can, Neu, Psychic TV, Wayne Shorter, Iron & Wine, Mance Lipscomb, Beethoven, Rachmaninov, Glenn Gould, Lydia Lunch, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Smiths, Otis Spann, Black Flag, Public Enemy, the Roots, KRS-One, De La Soul, Steve Hackett, Allan Holdsworth, William S. Burroughs (yes he made albums), John Cage, Nick Drake, Billy Bragg, the Pogues, Aphex Twin, Lush, Hawkwind, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, Johnny Winter, Aswad, Dennis Brown, Steel Pulse, Augustus Pablo, Spike Jonez....and Terrapin Station is fucking amazing.

5 Star Poster

I don't know that one - I'll have to check it out! I really liked your art - the carp and the owl, but I'm almost embaressed to point them out as there's so many others that are just wild. You've got a hell of an imagination!
    Oh! How could I forget Dylan. I defy anyone to listen to Simple Twist of Fate or Girl from the North Country and not be touched by memories of old love.

Being a former trance DJ,and a former drummer and screamer in too many heavy metal bands to count,my musical tastes vary upon my moods and where im at...heres a short list

Ramones
    Thin Lizzy
    Motorhead
    Black Label Society (my contemporary fave)
    Hendrix
    Bob Marley
    Ministry (new album is amazing)
    Temple of the Dog
    Iron Maiden
    Angelwitch
    most deep dark lo-freq trance (no female vocals and none that sounds like C3PO on crack)
    Ozzy
    Deep Purple
    Queen
    T.Rex
    Vaya Con Dios
    Chris Isaac
    Jimmy Buffett

and a little older west coast rap ( Ice-T,Ice Cube,Dre,Snoop,Tupac,NWA) the rest is like fingernails on a chalk board to me...and no country.

Anything country!

Veteran Poster

Tool; hooker with a penis

whats next, favorite movies? color? :P

Rookie Poster

Basically I go through musical phases.

I like a whole bunch of stuff.

Classic Rock: Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, Grateful Dead, The Byrds, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, Steve Miller Band, Alan Parsons Project, Cream, Moody Blues, The Doors, The Beatles, MC5.

Rock: Dire Straits, Tom Petty, Jerry Garcia Band, Phish, Rush, Boston, Thin Lizzy, Dave Matthews Band, Jerry Garcia Band.

Punk Rock: Blink's older stuff, The Jam, The Clash, The Ruts.

Metal: Metallica, NIN, Pantera, Megadeth, Slayer (going to see these guys in November).

Rap: NWA, Eazy E, Jurassic 5, some Tupac.

New Wave: Joy Division, The Cure, The Smiths, Echo and the Bunnymen.

Folk and Country Music: Bob Dylan, James Taylor, Johnny Cash

Post-Rock: Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Rós, El Ten Eleven.

Electronic/Ambient: Boards of Canada, Cliff Martinez, Ulrich Schnauss, Brian Eno, Infected Mushroom.

So yeah... pretty ecletic taste. I listen to what suits my mood basically. I keep an open mind to most sorts of music.

Rookie Poster

Metal all the way!! Metallica, Pantera, Fear Factory, StoneSour, Korn. etc. I also like the grunge bands, like: Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden. etc.

T-girls.... I don't know why but I like 'em!