Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: Trump to ban trans people from military

Quote Originally Posted by whamm View Post
    Really LOVED your post, but when I got to this sentence I felt a little funny.

Even so, EXCELLENT post!

My gut instinct is to ban some of the people in this post. I don't want them here, I think they're clearly damaged and prejudiced individuals with a degree of self-loathing and as the forum owner, I don't want them near me. Then my more logic head comes in - I don't think we'll change anybodies attitudes, they're far past that, but by banning them I'm not making them get any form of justification or feel like they're martyred. They can engage as long as they stay within the rules.

10 out of 11 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster christianxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    That's true. Just acknowledge girls such as Natalie Chen, Isabella Sorrenti, Becca Benz, River Stark, and Brittany St. Jordan actually SERVED in the military before people started pulling their meat to them. They literally have more balls than five-time deferred Führer Cheeto.
    Bailey Love & Taryn Elizabeth as well...but I don't think any of them transitioned until after they got out of the military.

I would think that joining the military in order to get cheap transitioning surgeries, medical and psychological care is a strange concept and a really really hard way to get it done.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

A conversation can make the readers re-evaluate as well as the writers. It's nice to have a foil, unless they heckle, advocate or practice behaviors that really cross the line, I say keep 'em around.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    That might make sense if my responses were just political insults and whining about Clinton not winning, but in reality, I wasn't a fan of Clinton either, and I've used multiple sources to justify my claims and counterpoints that refute your argument. You're just like the guy earlier who sees this in terms of left and right instead of right and wrong. I'm not thinking of Democrats vs. Republicans or Clinton winning or losing, I'm thinking of the rights and freedoms of fellow Americans and if you didn't see politics in the same way you see a football game, you wouldn't have such a limited outlook on issues.
    You just posted a reply with absolutely no attempt to logically refute anything we've said. You just doubled down saying, "Well that's my opinion," as if your opinion, bereft of any logical reason or valid sources, is as valid as ours. It isn't and if you took the time to analyze why you just had to cut and run without saying anything substantive in defense of your position, you'd realize you did so because deep down, you know you don't have a leg to stand on, you don't have the integrity to admit that you're wrong and care more about not feeling defeated than bettering your understanding and improving your views.

You want to indulge the "TS lifestyle" while trying to hand wave and sweep under the rug politics that are destructive to transgender people. You're literal scum. You don't see transgender people as human beings with whom you should empathize and defend when attacked, you just see them as wank fodder to nut off to. Anyone here excusing blatant attacks on the trans community that marginalize them and take away their freedom and equal standing like this should be banned. You obviously don't support trans people, so you have no business on a forum for trans people and those that actually support them.
    Nice post , Samui. Jeez , haven't seen you around in a long time , nice to see you're still kick'in.

He's got as much chance of implementing this bullshit as he does bringing back Jim Crow laws. I guarantee you somebody will shoot it down, just like they did his ridiculous travel bans.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Can't get that link to load Fitzcarraldo.

Quote Originally Posted by sukumvit boy View Post
    Can't get that link to load Fitzcarraldo.
    Strange--it still works for me. Maybe this longer version will work:
    https://act.credoaction.com/sign/tra...e=clickcopy_sp

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

filghy2 Silver Poster

A ban on new transgender recruits is now official, but it seems the military will have some leeway in dealing with those already serving. https://www.vox.com/world/2017/8/25/...house-pentagon

Nice announcement on the Day of Visibility:
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/31/98311...e-in-the-milit

1 out of 1 members liked this post.