Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Trump to ban trans people from military

Quote Originally Posted by legault View Post
    They are ineffective in combat compared to the men. Period. He should ban women too. Equality is disproved by biology.
    You do realize that the majority of the military is not involved in combat.

5 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

They are ineffective in combat compared to the men. Period. He should ban women too. Equality is disproved by biology.
    If they volunteer to serve and put their lives on the line to protect this country and others they should be given the utmost respect.

6 out of 7 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

You have no understanding of the military and the functions served within it. As Trapt53 said, most of the military is not involved in and will never see combat. There are administrative positions, intelligence, maintenance, technical, etc. Furthermore, I have worked with many adept pilots who went into combat and are women. Don't speak on subjects you obviously don't understand. The fact that you think the whole of the military should be barred from women just because of their ability in ground combat roles is a profound display of ignorance. In addition to that, you fail to provide any evidence for your claim in regards to transgender men and women.

10 out of 11 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    You have no understanding of the military and the functions served within it. As Trapt53 said, most of the military is not involved in and will never see combat. There are administrative positions, intelligence, maintenance, technical, etc. Furthermore, I have worked with many adept pilots who went into combat and are women. Don't speak on subjects you obviously don't understand. The fact that you think the whole of the military should be barred from women just because of their ability in ground combat roles is a profound display of ignorance. In addition to that, you fail to provide any evidence for your claim in regards to transgender men and women.
    Well said. If someone wants to support their country by joining the military then what the hell has gendered to do with it. I salute them all.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.
    "I have nothing left
    and all I feel is this cruel wanting
    we've been falling for all this time
    and now.....I'm lost in paradise."
    Evanescence

Member Rookie Poster

Yeah, ineffective.

Tell that to the female russian snipers with more kills than any USA man soldier.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    And if shit hits the fan what are they gonna do? Scold the enemy to death? Combat readyness is important regardless of what role you have.

0 out of 6 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

And if shit hits the fan what are they gonna do? Scold the enemy to death? Combat readyness is important regardless of what role you have.
    LOL.
    I thought I'd seen stupid here before.

7 out of 8 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

On the 69th anniversary of the day when President Truman officially desegregated the US military. And not a coincidence.

This is the kind of vindictive act that has Stephen Bannon's fingerprints all over it, not least because the Defence Secretary Mathis knew nothing about it. Yet again, six months in and there are no new policies emerging from the White House for Congress to consider, only the infantile act of revenge which says: what did Obama do? Let's undo it.

As for the service personnel, one of the Navy Seal 6 team that conducted the raid in Pakistan that killed bin Laden but retired shortly before that operation, has written a book (Warrior Princess) about her service and her transition, but now she and every other transgendered veteran along with those still serving is to be discarded as if they were useless freaks.
    http://www.scmp.com/news/world/artic...rrior-princess

So there you are, you woke up this morning and it was 1949 all over again. With Jim Crow, not Truman.

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

No, combat readiness is not important for every role, it's why those aforementioned divisions I mentioned aren't trained for actual combat. Look, I realize you think admitting you're wrong will make you look bad, but doubling down and saying blatantly stupid shit is far far worse.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Wouldn't want to depend on your tiny mind for defense.

6 out of 7 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.