Red face Conor McGregor was 'knocked out' by sparring partner Bradley Wheeler ahead of his fig

Conor McGregor was 'knocked out' by sparring partner Bradley Wheeler ahead of his fight against Floyd Mayweather, claims Jessie Vargas

http://www.complex.com/sports/2017/0...yweather-fight

X's and O's

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/40340...yd-mayweather/

Junior Poster

Default Re: Conor McGregor was 'knocked out' by sparring partner Bradley Wheeler ahead of his

Its just about the money, everyone knows McGregor has Zero chances boxing against Mayweather, or against any pro boxer,... Canelo Alvarez would destroy him at boxing as well.
    If it was UCF rules,... that would be a totally different story, but he is not even close to mediocre at boxing.

Gold Poster

Default Re: Conor McGregor was 'knocked out' by sparring partner Bradley Wheeler ahead of his

Initially there were rumors it was Brandon Rios who knocked out Mcgregor then Rios said they never met. Then the rumor was it was Wheeler, but Wheeler has just come out and said they didn't spar. In the lead up to the Alvarez fight there were also claims that Mcgregor was knocked out. Not saying it didn't happen but I question how Vargas knows.

As for Mcgregor's boxing ability, he is not close to Mayweather's level but according to former Olympic boxer Tony Jeffries, he sparred about even up with a top 15 welterweight. Again, not close to Mayweather's level but better than mediocre and I'm sure there are decent guys he can beat. Obviously Canelo is not one of those guys as he is a top 5 or 10 p4p guy and was probably the best junior middleweight in the world.

The problem is that Mayweather makes top 20-ish fighters in a division look bad. Arturo Gatti was a world champion at 130 and I think again at 140, but was embarrassingly outmatched against Mayweather. Would have loved to see Mcgregor make his debut against a journeyman fighter if he wanted to be serious.

Senior Member Junior Poster

So how do we think this will play out?

I dislike both of them to equal degrees but would love to see Connor win.

No chance of that happening so what's Mayweathers plan going to be?

Cover up and keep out of the way for the first while McGregor goes for the only chance he has at a first round knock out? Play with him in the second just to make a point of how easily he can finish him whenever he chooses and then drop him in the third?

Senior Member Junior Poster

Last time Mayweather legit knocked someone out was in 2007, I am pretty sure he will do what he always does and win by the points.

Gold Poster

I hope it is a good fight, but I think Conor will be out of his depth. I think by the mid rounds he's tired and getting picked apart. I think his corner stops it by the 7th or 8th. Floyd doesn't knock guys out often, but when he can hit someone at will he sometimes will. He stopped Hatton, Gatti, and Corrales who were all tough guys. I agree usually he wins on points but I think if Mcgregor isn't able to defend, he could get stopped.

Would love to be proven wrong. Both guys seemed confident as hell at today's press conference.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Conor McGregor was knocked out by sparring partner Bradley Wheeler ahead of his fig

If Mayweather can survive against all the big hitters he has faced he should be able to do the same against McGregor.

McGregor wont have the boxing skills needed to beat Mayweather.

He does have a punchers chance but Mayweather has the best defence of all boxers in his weight.

I would think Mayweather will win on unanimous decision.

All imo of course