5 Star Poster

Default To the Moderators

Has there ever been a statement made about what you guys do, how far you'll let someone go, etc? I know this is a non-paid job, and I guess that the site itself doesn't make money (unless you get advertising $), but the topics of the moment just made me want to ask. Apparently some things do get deleted, but obviously there've been things that didn't that some of the girls wished had been. So, what's the story? Is there a NYC attitude of you gotta be tough to survive? Do some of you guys enjoy the fights? I'm not coming at you with attitude, just want to know what the rules are.

5 Star Poster

yeah, well, your mother was a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries!
    Seriously, though, if I said something really nasty, would you take it personally? Would it have been necessary?

I'm not a mod, but if a thread is a personal attack at someone it needs to be deleted.

the dumb posts like "WOW, she's got a big dick, what's her name?"
    that stuff is just part of our site. And I won't lie, I'm into seeing hot pics.

Just as long as we respect each other and keep it a friendly forum for the girls to post, as well as the guys.

5 Star Poster

Just got back from seeing snakes on a plane....changed my life!
    Look, there's no freedom without responsibility. You can't yell fire in a theater, you better not yell 'I've got a bomb' on an airplane...whether or not it's got snakes. I am no ass-kisser to anybody. Megabody's right on with that.
    But nobody better bag on a girl from here on out. You disagree with an opinion, that's one thing. But you call somebody here an ugly whore and you better watch out. That's it. It will be on.
    I am simply talking about having respect for another human being. Today, a woman I care about deeply, who's 27 with a four year old, went under the knife for cancer that she thought she got rid of years ago. I haven't even been able to find out if she's okay yet. People have problems many of us can't even imagine, and if anybody here can't stop to think for one FUCKING second what life must be like for someone who grew up in the wrong MOTHERFUCKING body and has had to take motherFUCKING pills and get motherFUCKING surgery to try to make it in the world, and then deal with assholes putting them down, or getting humped and dumped by guys who want to bust a nut and get away as fast as possible...then they need to, or they're going to get a mailbox full of hate. I am in no mood for this shit. Say something decent or keep it to yourself.

Professional Poster

I agree whit you suckseed.
    I dont understand why its have to bee that way

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    Just got back from seeing snakes on a plane....changed my life!
    Look, there's no freedom without responsibility. You can't yell fire in a theater, you better not yell 'I've got a bomb' on an airplane...whether or not it's got snakes. I am no ass-kisser to anybody. Megabody's right on with that.
    But nobody better bag on a girl from here on out. You disagree with an opinion, that's one thing. But you call somebody here an ugly whore and you better watch out. That's it. It will be on.
    I am simply talking about having respect for another human being. Today, a woman I care about deeply, who's 27 with a four year old, went under the knife for cancer that she thought she got rid of years ago. I haven't even been able to find out if she's okay yet. People have problems many of us can't even imagine, and if anybody here can't stop to think for one FUCKING second what life must be like for someone who grew up in the wrong MOTHERFUCKING body and has had to take motherFUCKING pills and get motherFUCKING surgery to try to make it in the world, and then deal with assholes putting them down, or getting humped and dumped by guys who want to bust a nut and get away as fast as possible...then they need to, or they're going to get a mailbox full of hate. I am in no mood for this shit. Say something decent or keep it to yourself.

Dayuuum, 'daddy' when you talk
    like that, you make my 'liver quiver'

Did, I just say that out loud?

5 Star Poster

Thanks, Peggy! I'm nothing special. I like your style, girl!

Dayuuum, 'daddy' when you talk
    like that, you make my 'liver quiver'
    Heh. I'm gonna royt thet wun doon.

On the subject:

The mods are netcops. Like those on the street, we typically (Conciously or otherwise) rag on them for stereotypical images (They all eat donuts, they are all on the take, they are never around when you need them, etc.), yet they are our heroes when we're locked out of our car, have a cat up a tree, or have just had our handbag/wallet snatched and they've quickly capped the thief. BTDT.

I grew up in Brookline, Massachusetts where, at least until the late seventies, the cops worked for the highest bidder. If you were poor and on someone's shit list, the folx in blue were not your friend. These days, I'm in a rural area of a small state where I know them all (Local, county, and state) by name and I see, by experience and example, that they do their job and do it well.

Overall, I think the mods here have been doing a pretty good job. And no, I'm not kissing their fuzzy asses by saying that. :P "Freedom of speech" may be a right guarenteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, but you have to remember that, while this is a public forum (Per se) it is not on 'public' property. The rules change by venue.

An excellent example, and one that hits home right here on HA (And any other TS community forum) is the Michigan Woman's Music Festival. One of the key tells of a true dyke is to ask the question "Been to Michigan?". Whether they have or not, the knowledge of the event is universal among dykes (Note: I am not using the "D" word in a derogatory fashion here). Some years ago however, a TS tried to attend and was 'clocked' at the gate and refused entry. Though court visits ensued and there was much public outcry from both the TS and the GGG (Gay GG) communities, the festival persevered as it was organized by a single couple on their private ranch property. In the end, you can invite (Or uninvite, as in this case) anyone you want, legally, if the venue is privately owned/operated. Same roolz apply on net forums. If you fling shit that the mods and/or owners don't like, you're history, without recourse. If you shit on my floor, guarenteed you'll be at the curb within moments of my discovering the act. No law protects you from that.

If the mods are goosestepping to a drummer that is not your own, speak to them, organize a group of posters, whatever, but reflect on the actions (Or inactions) that you are contesting first. You better have a damn good case before you defend those that shit on my floor.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell