Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prep

Default Re: Prep

Quote Originally Posted by KelliBlueEyes View Post
    Transgender people are statistically more likely than the general population to have problems with drugs and alcohol, but for you to lump all girls into that category is pretty rude and discriminatory.

Even here in New York PrEP is a pain in the ass to get, even disallowing for side effects. And if clients are aware you're taking it, many more of them start asking for BB anal which for me is a no no even with PrEP.
    I'm not generalizing, but I guess I should be more specific.The area I am referring to, and I am familiar with, is the Jackson Heights / Woodside / Corona area. If you read the NY review section you will know exactly what I am talking about. If you are as familiar with it as I am, then you would know I am not being rude. The area has one or two strolls, and many gay bars - and a few that also have TS customers and sometimes their clients. The girls come in all ethnicities, but a huge portion of them are primarily Latina of Mexican and South/ Central American descent. Many are undocumented (illegal alien for those that want to argue every time I say 'undocumented'). I am not lumping 'all' transsexuals into a category of 'drunks and substance abusers' but this is a hard partying area that I am well familiar with and know what I'm talking about. These are the girls that benefit from PrEP for protection. They may also have access to clinics that you may not have access to. There are many orgs. that cater to exactly whom I'm talking about. Hey I'm not judging - I have my own problems - but I'm also not blind.
    Any clinic would suggest that many would fall into a category where PrEP is advised...their boyfriends also. One of the problems is that you have to take it regularly and the type of behavior that MOST falls into this category, often can't be counted on to do this. It should be used in conjunction with condoms for maximum effect.

I don't think you should ever tell a client you are on it, not only because they may suggest BB, but also because many are still ignorant about PrEP and may assume you are taking anti-virals because you are POS.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

your fantasy Veteran Poster Ts RedVeX's Avatar

I do know - you can get it "on the NHS" it if you lie that you have been in a "high risk" situation. I am not sure how many times that would work, but I am not going to get into politics here...

I do realise most of you guys treat us like disposable gloves. Believe it or not, some of us have lives that revolve around more than your dicks and a pile of coke or money. For example, if I was to poison my liver with some good wine or whisky with someone I really like, rather than with a pill that is supposed to ensure that a random moron, who had probably barebacked half of Soho's junkies is going to last 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes, then I would definitely go for the former...

The whole deal is just not worth the money and hassle yet. - At least if you are not the one barebacking anyone who lets you do it.

Last edited by Ts RedVeX; 07-11-2017 at 02:24 AM.
    REDVEX's KINGDOM

Arrange an appointment via adultwork.com (please call beforehand to see if I am free at the desired time)

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ts RedVeX View Post
    I do know - you can get it "on the NHS" it if you lie that you have been in a "high risk" situation. I am not sure how many times that would work, but I am not going to get into politics here...

I do realise most of you guys treat us like disposable gloves. Believe it or not, some of us have lives that revolve around more than your dicks and a pile of coke or money. For example, if I was to poison my liver with some good wine or whisky with someone I really like, rather than with a pill that is supposed to ensure that a random moron, who had probably barebacked half of Soho's junkies is going to last 30 seconds instead of 2 minutes, then I would definitely go for the former...

The whole deal is just not worth the money and hassle yet. - At least if you are not the one barebacking anyone who lets you do it.
    Are you confusing PreP with PEP, which I know it's possible to get on the NHS if you've been in a "high risk" situation such as a condom breaking. Still not sure if PreP is available on the NHS or not, hence the question. Not having a go at you or suggesting you should be on it, just asking if you knew as you're more likely to be clued up on that info than me.

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

PreP is a good thing and users should not be associated as bareback seekers. Being sexual active no matter how careful will always put you at risk for certain things. It's good to take precautions. A broken condom or other things that could make that three month waiting period frustrating. I would not worry about whether or not another person is taking PreP, it's like depending on another person to bring condoms. It's best to protect yourself and lower your risk of things happening by using it. Depending on your location, state and availability may determine pricing. And by the way Gilead has programs and coupons, that will significantly discount the price. You can contact them about it if your Insurer does not provide discounts.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

your fantasy Veteran Poster Ts RedVeX's Avatar

As far as I know, PreP is not available on NHS. I am pretty sure however, that it is the same drug as you get when asking for PEP - which is available on the NHS - and the drug you take against HIV...

As for insinuations about trans or gay people being just a bunch of junkies who are more likely to have a disease - it all depends on who you hang out with on your drunken nights out... Putting all trannies into that one bag is stupid. Using being drunk as an excuse for barebacking someone behind a litter bin in a dark alleyway only shows how irresponsible you are and gives me yet another argument to hang up on anyone who even asks for bareback.

By the way someone who wants to damage their body just to have that extra few hundredths of a percent less chance of getting only one of the bad STDs does not really seem to be a totally sane person, especially given how expensive PreP is. I'd say anyone on PreP must either really like barebacking a lot or have another good reason to take the drug.

Last edited by Ts RedVeX; 07-11-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    REDVEX's KINGDOM

Arrange an appointment via adultwork.com (please call beforehand to see if I am free at the desired time)

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ts RedVeX View Post
    As far as I know, PreP is not available on NHS. I am pretty sure however, that it is the same drug as you get when asking for PEP - which is available on the NHS - and the drug you take against HIV...

As for insinuations about trans or gay people being just a bunch of junkies who are more likely to have a disease - it all depends on who you hang out with on your drunken nights out... Putting all trannies into that one bag is stupid. Using being drunk as an excuse for barebacking someone behind a litter bin in a dark alleyway only shows how irresponsible you are and gives me yet another argument to hang up on anyone who even asks for bareback.

By the way someone who wants to damage their body just to have that extra few hundredths of a percent less chance of getting only one of the bad STDs does not really seem to be a totally sane person, especially given how expensive PreP is. I'd say anyone on PreP must either really like barebacking a lot or have another good reason to take the drug.
    I spoke with Gilead and a few medical professionals in regards to probability of liver damage. It's seems to rarely happens and most healthy people will never have it happen. They still monitor the liver, but more so out of protocol and not because it happens commonly. They're finding the drug to be far more effective then what was expected. Even some of the biggest advocates against it have stated it is more beneficial then they expected and risk is far lower than expected.

To your first point, if your banging people whether in a dark alley or a plush 5 star suite on Park Ave. New York, the more partners you have the more you put yourself at risk, especially if you don't know their status. For myself I just assume when sleeping with someone I'm making sure I am protected and I do not rely on the other person for things I should be doing myself. Simply don't be lazy and I keep myself informed about the risks for different sexual activities and then from their go have a good time. With some STD's or STI's or whatever they call them these days, lol, for some you only need to get them once. I would suggest you speak to a medical professional in sexual health again about PreP. There might be some new info.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Pep is fairly toxic and can challenge the body however does significantly reduce the likely hood of transmission (not eliminate) so it would be unfair to ask anyone to take this unless they are in a committed relationship with an infected individual. also there are other non curable viral diseases that a condom would potential stop.... why take the risk. that being said there are currently studies underway for a prophylactic (preventive) HIV vaccine. most successful clinical trials to date was a U.S. Military HIV research trial in Thailand in 2009. The trial, known as the RV144 trial.

the vaccine was found to be safe and somewhat effective. The combination lowered the rate of infection by 31 percent compared to a placebo shot. A 31 percent reduction is not enough to prompt wide use of this vaccine combination. However, this success allows researchers to study why there was any protective effect at all. a study called HVTN 100 tested a modified version of the RV144 regimen. And an exciting larger study, called HVTN 702, will also follow up on RV144. That study will also take place in South Africa and involve about 5,400 people. It’s the first major HIV vaccine trial in seven years. Results are expected in 2021.