Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ...

Junior Poster

Thanks for the interesting info, beatmaker.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by scroller
    One thing in beatmaker's post: Bay Ridge is in Brooklyn (not Queens), isn't it?
    Your right Scroller, I meant Bayside. Actually, Bayside public schools have the highest elementary school test scores of all Queens school districts.

Junior Poster

Oh Yeah, Riverdale is a safe and economical area located in the Bronx. I'd say the most affluent Bronxites live in Riverdale. However, it's longest subway ride of all the 4 Bronx neighborhoods I mentioned.

Junior Poster

Im from The Bronx, and Riverdale is quite nice but far, Throggs Neck & Little Italy in The Bronx Is Very Nice i use 2 live there and I LOVED IT! Besides Fordham University is soo close and its Patroled on the reg.. which is excellent.

But if u New 2 NYC i would say Queens and Some area of Brooklyn(Park Slope) are best because there close 2 The City, and is not 2 Costly.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by jmt
    why would you wanna leave sunny florida for cold, expensive, overcrowded nyc?
    Lol... the funny thing is I'm from further north, and since I moved to New York I've been sweating my nuts off. I couldn't possibly live in a place any warmer than NYC!

Rookie Poster

HEY WELL IM A BROKER AND I USE TO WORK FOR CITY PAD REAL ESTATE. I STRONGLY WOULD SAY DONT GO WITH CITY HABITATS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD WHEN I FIRST STARTED IE DELT WITH THEM AND THEY'RE NOT GOOD.. IF U LIKE WE CAN TALK ABOUT SOME PLACES JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR AND ILL GET A COPY OF WHAT IO HAVE AND U CAN COMPARE IF U LIKE..JUST LEAVE ME A MESSAGE AND ILL ASSIST U ..MUAHZZ HOPE ALL IS WELL

KEEP TALKING ABOUT ME , YOUR ONLY MAKING ME MORE KNOWN!!!!

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Fort Myers is a horrible place to live. Nice to visit but not to live. MIami's ok some places, I've been gone for a year. Don't miss it too much. If I could afford it, NY would be my residence...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Junior Poster

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by jmt; 04-24-2010 at 04:50 PM.

I lived in Hells Kitchen throughout the mid 90's, north of Edelweiss and the Munson Diner on 11th. It was $300 a month for a two bedroom. But my roommate was somehow grandfathered in on someone else's rent control deal. Those situations are not common.
    Yah, this is what I mentioned. I know of one apartment that friends lived in down in Brooklyn in the early 80's where, if I knocked on the door now, I would most likely know the current tennants (Or be only one degree of friends/relatives from them).

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Well, how did the trip to NYC work out???

You are going to find that securing a decent place to live in NYC (I lived there for 3 yrs and I moved TO Florida, thank you Florida bashers) is going to be 1: VERY expensive - more than what was quoted) and 2: difficult to find and get "approved" especially if you can't show regular income, tax forms, etc. NYC was the only place I ever lived where the future tenant has to pay the rental broker. Every place else I've ever been in its the other way around.

And I LIKE living here in FL - let's see you new york city clickers take your boat out on Jan 1 each year - that is if you can dig it out from under the smow - and how many of you go to the beach in Jan-Feb up there or driving with the top down in the winter?? (that reminds me - i have to see the shop about my snd convertible - I want to drive it by Jan)

Good luck, you are going to need it.