Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Looking for some advice for a friend in the business.

I am friends with a girl that has done several scenes with some well known sites and performers. I often find myself wanting to give her advice on furthering her career as a star. However, I am not in the business so I feel a little lost.

I have told her that I would be aggressive and reach out to the people she has worked with before. Also look into contacting other producers/performers. She seems to be a little apprehensive and tells me that she feels like she should wait for the producers/performers she has worked with to contact her when they are ready to shoot again.

Anybody care to share a little advise? Would it be wise for her to wait to be contacted or reach out for another shoot?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for some advice for a friend in the business.

Quote Originally Posted by afanandfriend View Post
    I am friends with a girl that has done several scenes with some well known sites and performers. I often find myself wanting to give her advice on furthering her career as a star. However, I am not in the business so I feel a little lost.

I have told her that I would be aggressive and reach out to the people she has worked with before. Also look into contacting other producers/performers. She seems to be a little apprehensive and tells me that she feels like she should wait for the producers/performers she has worked with to contact her when they are ready to shoot again.

Anybody care to share a little advise? Would it be wise for her to wait to be contacted or reach out for another shoot?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    whenever you feel yourself wanting to give advice on something you admittedly know nothing about, you should probably ask yourself why? why does one feel the urge to give advice on a topic upon which one has no knowledge? I feel myself wanting to you some advice right about now.......

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Transexual Princess Junior Poster KelliBlueEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    whenever you feel yourself wanting to give advice on something you admittedly know nothing about, you should probably ask yourself why? why does one feel the urge to give advice on a topic upon which one has no knowledge? I feel myself wanting to you some advice right about now.......

That's some of the best advice I ever heard

Snap: Kelliblueeyesx

Http://Kelliblueeyes.tumblr.com

@KelliBlue@switter.at

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

So we're giving you advice to give to her as advice...Perhaps she should come here and get it directly from the source. Secondhand info has a way of getting warped,misinterpreted,and sometimes just plain lost...
    No offense to you but the best advice you can give her is to ask the people here herself...

I'm the most amazing person you'll never know,because society has convinced you I should be ignored or avoided. Want to know something? Ask... Just ask.

Silver Poster

whenever you feel yourself wanting to give advice on something you admittedly know nothing about, you should probably ask yourself why? why does one feel the urge to give advice on a topic upon which one has no knowledge?
    it's the white knight syndrome: an overwhelming urge from a male simp to rush to the aid of a damsel in distress. this syndrome affects 1 in 3 men and always leads to the knight being friendzoned

side effects may include: misogyny, douchebagedness, and friend loss. there is currently no known cure

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by bluesoul; 04-21-2017 at 03:26 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelliBlueEyes View Post
    That's some of the best advice I ever heard
    I don't see the need for you to be judging

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    it's the white knight syndrome: an overwhelming urge from a male simp to rush to the aid of a damsel in distress.
    Dude, chill

Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

I know business, I am a business owner and have been successful with my business for many years. I wanted to give her advice based on my experience running a business. However, I am not sure if my business practices transcends to this profession. Thank you for your advice?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    it's the white knight syndrome: an overwhelming urge from a male simp to rush to the aid of a damsel in distress. this syndrome affects 1 in 3 men and always leads to the knight being friendzoned

side effects may include: misogyny, douchebagedness, and friend loss. there is currently no known cure

Thank you! You helped out a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    So we're giving you advice to give to her as advice...Perhaps she should come here and get it directly from the source. Secondhand info has a way of getting warped,misinterpreted,and sometimes just plain lost...
    No offense to you but the best advice you can give her is to ask the people here herself...
    I think you are right. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

This is the only advice you need to give her, because I'm pretty much the only one qualified here to give it.

If she's a performer who has been in a few scenes, she should take a look at those scenes on the sites and see if she can see the ratings/feedback. That will help her understand how much in demand she may be - or what she needs to do to improve.
    We shoot 100's of models a year. Unless someone really stands out, then often reshoots will get lost as the more assertive girls ask us for work. So if your friend wants to work more, then she should ABSOLUTELY BE CONTACTING PRODUCERS. Let them know that she's available, that she wants to work and any changes since her last shoot.

I'm FAR MORE willing to give a girl a reshoot who reaches out to us with a want to work.

She can drop me a line direct at admin@grooby.com and I'll tell her if we've anything available/not available for her - and whether it's worth her continuing to pursue, in my opinion and experience.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.