Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: where? or where?

Quote Originally Posted by melody mayheim View Post
    I wanna move...anyone know of any great locations?
    Melody, You need to check out Pensacola, FL. Not too big, not too small and the best beaches in the country. Plus it's close to NOLA, Atlanta, Miami, Key West. I would love to see your gorgeous self here!!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Pensacola is not close to Miami or Key West. Hell, it isn't even close to Orlando.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NedLeeds View Post
    It can be sad and even scary, but those same things you worry about losing can also be what's holding you back. It's a kind of trap and you have to recognize that these are things that aren't as essential as you think. You've assigned a certain significance to them, but you also have the power in your mind to un-assign that significance. Embrace it as an opportunity to liberate yourself.
    Very wise words. The earlier in life one learns that, the greater the possibility of living one's dream. Sadly, it's not something you can teach or even inspire - a person has to come that realization all their own. I know someone who wanted to leave her shit-ass life in a shit-ass town and come live with me but couldn't bring herself to free her mind. 20 years later she tells me how much worse that shit-ass life has become and how much she wish she had left..........doesn't move me anymore. Your life is yours, do with it what you want.

melody mayheim Veteran Poster melody mayheim's Avatar

I also love that ned!!!!

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Pensacola is not close to Miami or Key West. Hell, it isn't even close to Orlando.
    Lol, this. I'm in Orlando, Pensacola is almost 500 miles away, and I'm four hours from Miami myself.

Melody, I messaged you on FB, btw.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

By the way, I grew up in NC. It's a great state. It was truly a "New South," progressive state when I was there, at least in Charlotte where I grew up, and Raleigh where I went to college.

But it has regressed mightily since I left. The egregious, infamous HB2 has been sort of repealed, but I can't imagine any transperson choosing to move there at the moment. It's sad.

If you can stand the humidity, Florida could be a good choice. All the weird shit you hear about it is true, but that's part of the charm. The vast majority of Floridians moved here from somewhere else (such as myself), so there's really no tradition or expectations here. There aren't really any rules, so you can be who you want to be and do what you want to do. Orlando as a community responded very well to the Pulse massacre. Times are changing.

Also, the cost of living is very cheap down here (and wages are low as well). There is no state income tax. Vehicle registration is cheap and there are no annual inspections.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

melody mayheim Veteran Poster melody mayheim's Avatar

Which is you on fb? I gave up on catching up to unread messages on fb..its a pain so I dont message back much..florida does sound good, wish I could bring all my stuff with me lol I need a good kick in the ass to make moves!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Karmic Whipping Boy Professional Poster Chaos's Avatar

I was in Florida just this past summer (Orlando and Daytona) I LOVED it and didn't want to come home...
    I too,have considered moving there. Sadly I'd need a roommate and know no one... That's the only thing keeping me from going..

I'm the most amazing person you'll never know,because society has convinced you I should be ignored or avoided. Want to know something? Ask... Just ask.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    Very wise words. The earlier in life one learns that, the greater the possibility of living one's dream. Sadly, it's not something you can teach or even inspire - a person has to come that realization all their own. I know someone who wanted to leave her shit-ass life in a shit-ass town and come live with me but couldn't bring herself to free her mind. 20 years later she tells me how much worse that shit-ass life has become and how much she wish she had left..........doesn't move me anymore. Your life is yours, do with it what you want.
    Sucks for her. Some people you just can't help

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    I was in Florida just this past summer (Orlando and Daytona) I LOVED it and didn't want to come home...
    I too,have considered moving there. Sadly I'd need a roommate and know no one... That's the only thing keeping me from going..
    Let your passion motivate you - if you -L-O-V-E-D it then that should provide enough inspiration to F-I-N-D a way. The only thing keeping you from going is YOU.