Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Re: TV or TS? don't people in the community know the difference?

a tv is something you look at and a ts is someone you go out with. or have I got the meaning of tv wrong?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Transexual Princess Junior Poster KelliBlueEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    People have different ideas on the difference between TV and TS. I've certainly learned not to judge this purely on pictures (ie looks) alone. How would you define the differentiation between the two?
    I believe that clinically transvestitism, or autogynophilia, is when someone is aroused by wearing clothing of the opposite sex, or aroused by thinking of them self as a member of the opposite sex.

Transsexualism, and gender dysphoria, are something completely different, where the person feels a conflict between their assigned at birth sacks and the gender they feel their personality represents.

Pretty much the dividing line between the two groups for clinicians is whether or not arousal is present when the person dresses in clothing generally representative of the gender opposite to the person assigned birth sex.

I have CD/TV friends that can totally not relate to my experience, and I totally cannot relate to their's. Although I do support their desire to express themselves in anyway they wish.

What is irritating to me is when people use TG or transgender interchangeably with TS or transsexual. Transgender and transsexual are not synonyms. Transgender is a spectrum representing all gender nonconforming persons. Transsexual is something more specific.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Snap: Kelliblueeyesx

Http://Kelliblueeyes.tumblr.com

@KelliBlue@switter.at

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KelliBlueEyes View Post
    I believe that clinically transvestitism, or autogynophilia, is when someone is aroused by wearing clothing of the opposite sex, or aroused by thinking of them self as a member of the opposite sex.

Transsexualism, and gender dysphoria, are something completely different, where the person feels a conflict between their assigned at birth sacks and the gender they feel their personality represents.

Pretty much the dividing line between the two groups for clinicians is whether or not arousal is present when the person dresses in clothing generally representative of the gender opposite to the person assigned birth sex.

I have CD/TV friends that can totally not relate to my experience, and I totally cannot relate to their's. Although I do support their desire to express themselves in anyway they wish.

What is irritating to me is when people use TG or transgender interchangeably with TS or transsexual. Transgender and transsexual are not synonyms. Transgender is a spectrum representing all gender nonconforming persons. Transsexual is something more specific.
    I'd agree with most of that. However, the OP has probably become conditioned to a simpler definition. TV = no boobs, TS = boobs. Totally wrong, but a very common misconception on here and one that if I'm completely honest, I probably used to share. As mentioned, I've since learned different. However, I'm almost certainly still guilty of using TS/TG in the wrong context occasionally.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster nysprod's Avatar

I don't really care what the diff is, if they look good and wanna get dicked it doesn't matter

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Phone keys gum condoms lube...I don’t want to be normal.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bi-smooth View Post
    a tv is something you look at and a ts is someone you go out with. or have I got the meaning of tv wrong?
    That explains why sometimes I don't get a good reception, no matter how much I fiddle with the antenna....

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    That explains why sometimes I don't get a good reception, no matter how much I fiddle with the antenna....

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    I don't really care what the diff is, if they look good and wanna get dicked it doesn't matter
    There you go!

The common world believes all who dress up into the opposite are TV's.
    Many do not distinguish a TV from a dragqueen or a femboy from a CD or a TS

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nysprod View Post
    I do. I prefer somebody who looks, sounds, smells, and chemically acts like a woman. Hormones are what makes any genetic woman a woman at the fundamental level, and this is why in large part TS women act and are women.

No offence at all to any TVs here, or men who like to see them, but the fact TS women are women and/or becoming such surgically or medically is what is appealing to me.

Just it's annoying, actually funny, to see a person with surgically altered boobs or women's hips calling themselves a TV. They of all people should know the basic difference, they are part of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliBlueEyes View Post
    Close. Transvestitism is defined by the medical community as a paraphilia (abnormal sexual fetish) where someone CDs as a fetish.

Autogynophilia was never fully adopted by the medical community and does not actually exist as a "thing" as far as the field of psychology is concerned. The concept was invented by a cis-guy in the 90s who believed FtMs literally couldn't exist, and that all MtFs were either gay guys so effeminate that they wanted to transition -OR- straight & bi guys with a fetish where the transitioning process is what turns them on. This pitched-AG label was never ever about clothes like TV is.

It was ridiculously stupid quackery. IME if someone is promoting any kind of agenda about trans people, and they're only ever talking about MtFs while deflecting whenever the subject of FtMs come up- that's a glaring red flag that they're just making it up as they go along and don't actually know what they're talking about. Amazingly Bailey & Blanchard have yet to disown the AG hypothesis despite the 18 (and counting) peer reviewed hard-science studies over the last 25 years showing trans people actually-possess a brain-sex to body-sex mismatch. Its not a coincidence that these stupid proposals don't normally come out of STEM fields.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all