Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: WTF is wrong with people -Dandara dos Santos

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    In which case you did not need to provide the link at all. I preach nothing, merely ask for moral decency.
    The question remains, why in this forum you chose to broadcast the onset of a person being murdered. Even entertainment should have limits, and this is not entertainment.
    Hmmm.........not sure if you are just trolling me as you do when you normally try to divert or hijack a thread on here, that seems the most likely explanation. As to asking for moral decency/continued preaching I wonder if you are expressing the same outrage at the Sun or Mirror or countless others who have reposted on Facebook & YouTube. I did not broadcast the person being murdered I was not the one recording the event in case you weren't aware I merely reposted it as have many others on the internet, if it is in such bad taste then doubtless a moderator will remove it. I also wasn't aware hung angels is such a bastion of moral decency by your particular standards but if so please accept my apologies and request its removal. It remains to be seen whether you can hold your tongue and allow this thread to remain as I intended as an expression of sympathy & outrage for the poor girl, or as I suspect more likely you will be determined to have the last word as always and keep this back and forth going. Maybe you could pm your reply or start a new thread where this can be taken elsewhere?

Senior Member Junior Poster

Did they at least arrest these punks? It's hard to read because everything is in Portuguese. Has there been any justice?

Senior Member Professional Poster

In which case you did not need to provide the link at all. I preach nothing, merely ask for moral decency.
    The question remains, why in this forum you chose to broadcast the onset of a person being murdered. Even entertainment should have limits, and this is not entertainment.
    Likely the same reason people all saw the Rodney King beating, people being hosed and attacked with dogs during the civil rights movement, or the terrible images from Vietnam. It's showing how brutal people can be, highlighting a problem people may not think is that serious and proof, should anyone try to deny it.

Disagreeing with him posting the video is fine. You're really reaching thinking he posted this for entertainment though.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Enough of the trolling - you made your point in your first response.
    I support the fact of showing the video in it's full entirety as sometimes it needs to be seen as such to have that impact, rather than a few photos and words. An adult can choose whether to watch it or not, and anyone watching it with anything other than empathy and disgust would probably have searched it out themselves. The recent cam footage in the US of police killings, would have a lot less impact if the videos of the murders were not shown in their entirety and showing exactly what happened.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

NO point in posting the vid. THose so inclined could have googled it or watched in youtube.
    Posting a vid of another human being being beat to death is not a call for action. It's prurient and salacious and morbid. Nothing more.

Her killers won't be caught in Brazil because the police over there don't give a fuck. And if by chance they are snitched on and arrested, they'll be out in a few years.
    Transwomen and gays have very minimal rights in South American courts.
    That's just reality.

The only thing you need apologise for is offering voyeurs the opportunity to see the first phase in the murder of another human being. Reporting the death of yet another sister is bad enough, providing a link to footage of the actual violence which occasioned it is immoral and disgusting. If there is any decency left in this world, the video will be removed.
    I couldn't disagree more. I'm the type that often casts his eyes aside when violence is displayed because it's so sickening. I believe though that people need to see this evil act of inhumanity. People need to get mad. Let's not have it swept under the rug and pretend it doesn't exist. I have to admit though that I might want to see these evil doers get their just dues

Last edited by dakota87; 03-08-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Religious and/or undereducated people are the most dangerous people in any society.

Its best to stay away from them.

Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Sad & outraged.

Senior Member Junior Poster Johnny_Vip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veal Cutlet View Post
    Did they at least arrest these punks? It's hard to read because everything is in Portuguese. Has there been any justice?
    Yes they were arrested, they were 6 guys in total, only one still remains on the run. The guy that was making the video was actually a knowned drug dealer of the area and the others were minors, just dumb stupid kids with guns with no humanity in them, I hope they rot in jail for ever, since this as become viral an example needs to be made, this happens daily in Brazil and its time to start doing something about it.

In that country they will not do much time and it will not impact there employment like in the USA.