Thread: Total gym?

Veteran Poster

Default Total gym?

Who has one?Is it any good?

Platinum Poster

Default Re: Total gym?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasadin
    Who has one?Is it any good?
    They're OK...compact when put away...but when set up will take up a fair amount of room in the average den, bedroom, etc...but it's all cables...convenient, but if you came up on free weights you'll miss the feel of a bar, or a pair of dumbbells in your hand...and of course you are not gonna get any serious leg training out of it ...although the incline on total gym is OK if you have dumbbells at your place. All in all...if you move fast you can get a decent workout and aerobic benefits from it, IMO...

PS...I think that I'd rather have a Bowflex...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

that thing is a piece of shit. It is a flimsy piece of shit. I am a fitness buff and I have to say that the public wants things for fitness that can get them in shape like the guy on mens health or the woman of shape. The want something that is simple can be done with as least time as possible and can get you great results. All in all i think that machine is a piece of shit all these fitness companies market these products because they know that idiots who think 20 minutes a day three times a week we'll get you great results. Those things are flying off the shelves..but america just keeps getting fatter.

Platinum Poster

Well, fitness buff, while I have only used mine periodically to maintain myself when too busy, or too lazy to go to a real gym...it is anything but flimsy...as I have weighed 230 lbs since I was a young lad and a gym rat, or fitness buff like you proclaim yourself to be...and it's warranty is pretty solid from what I recall...so quit holding your breath and let the air out of those lats, laddie...

EDIT: Although I had mine shipped to me in '97, I think that I've seen crappier versions for sale in fitness buff stores...I have no idea whether they are legit or not...nor do I care...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

oh i forgot chef mike knows everything. I should have just kept my mouth shut. you can't say anything on this forum without getting some type of negative response from a know it all

Junior Poster

Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fitnesshero
    that thing is a piece of shit. It is a flimsy piece of shit. I am a fitness buff and I have to say that the public wants things for fitness that can get them in shape like the guy on mens health or the woman of shape. The want something that is simple can be done with as least time as possible and can get you great results. All in all i think that machine is a piece of shit all these fitness companies market these products because they know that idiots who think 20 minutes a day three times a week we'll get you great results. Those things are flying off the shelves..but america just keeps getting fatter.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

While I can't personally speak for or against this particular machine since I've never used it before,

I can vouch for 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week. The proper exercises with efficiency would yield good results.

Junior Poster

total bullshit?

All those machines only give you half a workout as they only force you to use your muscles on the forward motion of the exercise and not on the return motion...half a workout,and pretty crappy.

Arnold S. never kept a piece of gym equipment in his house.Having it there is a great excuse to put your workout off to a later time,and soon it will be a wonderful dust collecting item.

DJ Asia

Veteran Poster

I appreciate your comments everyone but notice the avatar pic is me.I'm not trying to build muscle look like a 5'2" Arnold Swarzenegger.

I'm looking to keep it tight and toned plus a good stretch.My concern is if the machine is another gutbuster ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gutbuster_113.jpg 
Views:	1958 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	58923