Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

Default english premier league 16/17

Chelsea look favourites to win it, but they WILL lose more games to come. they won't win it by less than a five point margin. I reckon Arsenal will get second place, United 3rd, Man City 4th.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Default Re: english premier league 16/17

No Liverpool?
    Best team my team have played against all season & worst defeat in a long time!

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Chelsea "will lose more games", Wow! I'm in awe of your predictive abilities...

Chelsea were probably favourites from the start. Conte inherited essentially the same team that walked the league 2 seasons ago before deciding to down tools for Mourinho. Guardiola had too big a job overhauling the Man City squad and tuning them into his style. Next season is when City will be dangerous. Love the way Liverpool play, but at the moment still not consistent enough to win the league. Arsenal, well the cliche "same old Arsenal" sums them up yet again. Man U although beginning to string results together are nowhere and Tottenham don't appear to have been able to build on last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Chelsea "will lose more games", Wow! I'm in awe of your predictive abilities...

Chelsea were probably favourites from the start. Conte inherited essentially the same team that walked the league 2 seasons ago before deciding to down tools for Mourinho. Guardiola had too big a job overhauling the Man City squad and tuning them into his style. Next season is when City will be dangerous. Love the way Liverpool play, but at the moment still not consistent enough to win the league. Arsenal, well the cliche "same old Arsenal" sums them up yet again. Man U although beginning to string results together are nowhere and Tottenham don't appear to have been able to build on last season.
    no they weren't. Many thought City were.

2017 prediction:

1 Chelsea
    2 Arsenal
    3 Man United
    4 Man City
    5 Liverpool
    6 Tottenham

Member Rookie Poster MarkRich84's Avatar

Are you a Man United fan?
    Because it just looks like you've taken the current table, and put Liverpool & Man City where United were, and United as high as you can put them without looking too stupid?

From a neutral point of view... I'd say Liverpool are looking good for 2nd... 3rd at worst... but you know what they're like at the end if the season. I'd quite like to see them win it... but realistically, If Mourinho stays at United for a couple of years, it'll be difficult to knock them off the top once (if) he finds his rhythm.

United will be safe for 5th this season, 4th at a push... I'd like to see them do better. But next season, I'd be surprised if they weren't in contention for the title (definitely not this season though).

My prediction is unbiased, but a bit optimistic on behalf of Man United, even though they've recently pulled their socks up. I think Liverpool will stay strong until the end of the season. I wish Arsenal were as good as they were back in the warly Wenger days... New manager required? It's hard to let go, but something needs to change.

Next season will be so hard to call, as I'm expecting all major clubs to be back to their best.

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Tottenham

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRich84 View Post

Next season will be so hard to call, as I'm expecting all major clubs to be back to their best.
    The big wildcard for next season could be the Chinese league. Signing Oscar for £60 million and £400,000/week shows that not only are they prepared to throw the big money around, they can also attract the big name stars in their prime as opposed to the end of their careers. The summer transfer window could be very interesting. How many Premiership players (and transfer targets) could be lured away by the money?...

I'm a Gooner, i don't mind Man United, but they'll get top four at best. Possibly retain the FA Cup or win the Europa League.