Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Ada Black shot ! ! :-o

I am sorry that this happened to you but glad that you lived to tell the tale, and that you told it with such insight and dignity. There are lessons within it for all of us.

Cute and Dangerous! Junior Poster AdaBlackXXX's Avatar

Sounds like your quick thinking saved your life. Glad you made it and amazed you're able to post all that. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by runningdownthatdream View Post
    Good that you survived. I hope Jamie doesn't commit homicide because of this..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Op Preferred View Post
    I am sorry that this happened to you but glad that you lived to tell the tale, and that you told it with such insight and dignity. There are lessons within it for all of us.
    Thanks for checking on me. It is very nice to be able to have people to talk to during this time.

I have learned a few lessons from the incident. I don't think I could hunt an animal again. I could if it had to be done. But it doesnt. And I now know the pain they feel. And it is excruciating and terrifying. What an evil sport. All life really is precious. There is no after life and that tells me that while we think human lives are more important and yes I understand the thought, but in reality all life is equal. It's an amazing thing to exist. I do still support fire arms. They are a tool. Mine should have been locked in a coded or biometric safe tho. It isn't safe to just lay around the house. They are easy button to death. And I think gun owners should go thru a safety course if they want to buy a piece. (which only happens when they want a license.) And in general I'm going to treat my body a lot better and get counseling so I am not attracted to abusive relationships. Life is so so very fragile and can be ripped away from any of us at a moment's notice. We take so much for granted. I cried today when I tasted my first tea. And I cried when Jamie snuck me my first peice of candy. We are lucky indivudals who can sit here on our phones and computers with full bellies.

Jamie won't be harming anyone. But that's also why I didn't go to her sooner I figured she would have beat the shit out of him. I was always concerning her with bruises and cuts. She was very angry. Justice is being served tho. When this boy is released he will be 40 years old and unable to find work as a violent ex con.

My doctors are planning to move me to solid food. Which means no more having to sneak candy. And I can eat whatever I want. Starbucks and subs in my future! My pain is still very high, and my NG tubes are beginning to fill slower and slower which is very good BC my liver and kidney will stop producing bile. The GI doctor will look my guts over Monday to see if I need any last patch jobs. My poor belly is trashed. It really is. They had to obviously patch the bullet wound but they also cut me down the chest and opened me up to patch my liver n kidney and throw my gall bladder out. They stitched it back up with staples! I cried and hollered first time I seen it. Lil Frankenstein tummy. Today is a good day I have moved around some, snuck some skittles. Lol. Maybe tonight I'll walk around the ward. No little punk ass dude is going to end me with a single gun shot gonna need a clip and a higher caliber. My spirits are up! I'm happy and content. Pain management has been difficult today tho. I'll update if anything changes. Thank you for the support. 😝

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

the most important factor in recovery from injuries is a positive attitude, and yours is great. Wounds heal, scars fade, and the traces the leave are mysterious and even sexy. Your beauty and allure will be enhanced by your emotional and physical healing.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

I have no basis for relating to your experience at all, but I imagine it will take a long time to process it all. It's great that you're able to talk through it, though. Counseling sounds like a great idea, for more than just the relationship stuff. You didn't quite dodge a bullet, but you've been given another chance, and it's obvious that you appreciate that. Make something of it.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Professional Poster runningdownthatdream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBlackXXX View Post

Thanks for checking on me. It is very nice to be able to have people to talk to during this time.

I have learned a few lessons from the incident. I don't think I could hunt an animal again. I could if it had to be done. But it doesnt. And I now know the pain they feel. And it is excruciating and terrifying. What an evil sport. All life really is precious. There is no after life and that tells me that while we think human lives are more important and yes I understand the thought, but in reality all life is equal. It's an amazing thing to exist. I do still support fire arms. They are a tool. Mine should have been locked in a coded or biometric safe tho. It isn't safe to just lay around the house. They are easy button to death. And I think gun owners should go thru a safety course if they want to buy a piece. (which only happens when they want a license.) And in general I'm going to treat my body a lot better and get counseling so I am not attracted to abusive relationships. Life is so so very fragile and can be ripped away from any of us at a moment's notice. We take so much for granted. I cried today when I tasted my first tea. And I cried when Jamie snuck me my first peice of candy. We are lucky indivudals who can sit here on our phones and computers with full bellies.

Jamie won't be harming anyone. But that's also why I didn't go to her sooner I figured she would have beat the shit out of him. I was always concerning her with bruises and cuts. She was very angry. Justice is being served tho. When this boy is released he will be 40 years old and unable to find work as a violent ex con.

My doctors are planning to move me to solid food. Which means no more having to sneak candy. And I can eat whatever I want. Starbucks and subs in my future! My pain is still very high, and my NG tubes are beginning to fill slower and slower which is very good BC my liver and kidney will stop producing bile. The GI doctor will look my guts over Monday to see if I need any last patch jobs. My poor belly is trashed. It really is. They had to obviously patch the bullet wound but they also cut me down the chest and opened me up to patch my liver n kidney and throw my gall bladder out. They stitched it back up with staples! I cried and hollered first time I seen it. Lil Frankenstein tummy. Today is a good day I have moved around some, snuck some skittles. Lol. Maybe tonight I'll walk around the ward. No little punk ass dude is going to end me with a single gun shot gonna need a clip and a higher caliber. My spirits are up! I'm happy and content. Pain management has been difficult today tho. I'll update if anything changes. Thank you for the support. 😝
    It's refreshing to hear that this experience has caused you to ook inward and not just focus on the event itself. Often, I think, when we experience some external trauma we fail to spend enough time in self-reflection, or evaluating the things we do and the ways in which we think. You're a survivor - no small feat - yet you're still human and part of an even greater whole perhaps this event will help you transcend to to a happier state of being.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Senior Member Gold Poster christianxxx's Avatar

good lord, shot with your own gun...amazingly resourceful considering the circumstances in getting help for yourself. I am glad you are still alive and on the mend. Have a safe and quick recovery Ada.

Cute and Dangerous! Junior Poster AdaBlackXXX's Avatar

I have photos on my Instagram here. They are quite brutal. So I'll just post the insta here so you can see it if you want. They fixed the bullet dressing today too. It's freaky. The hole is filled with bandages and they slowly pulled it out of me. Real vomit worthy. And I am nibbling on real food today also which is great. Im still pretty weak I can't walk much. I'll be spending Christmas here. I've almost been in the hospital for a month at this time now. It's crazy. Thanks for the wishes. www.instagram.com/tootsie_luu

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBlackXXX View Post
    I have photos on my Instagram here. They are quite brutal. So I'll just post the insta here so you can see it if you want. They fixed the bullet dressing today too. It's freaky. The hole is filled with bandages and they slowly pulled it out of me. Real vomit worthy. And I am nibbling on real food today also which is great. Im still pretty weak I can't walk much. I'll be spending Christmas here. I've almost been in the hospital for a month at this time now. It's crazy. Thanks for the wishes. www.instagram.com/tootsie_luu
    They pack it with gauze to let it heal from inside out otherwise the top would close leavening potential infection under the skin. My wife had to do it with a stomach surgery once when it got infected. Definitely can turn your stomach. Glad you are upbeat and looking to take things slow and not rushing.

Get well.
    Take care.
    God Bless.