Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Westworld

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by christianxxx View Post
    There were some plot holes, but nothing too major. My one question is why did Maeve get off the train at the end? Why go back? To be the leader?
    Everything she had done up to then had been scripted behavior, as Bernard pointed out previously in the episode. Leaving the train was actually possibly the first decision in her current build that overrode her script. When she awoke to consciousness in her previous role, it was due to the strong emotions from losing her "daughter"; when she saw the human child on the train, that probably awoke those emotions again sufficiently to inspire her to break her script and act independently again, following her feelings rather than her script.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

LOVER OF BIG ASS Platinum Poster youngblood61's Avatar

Watched a few episodes but never got into it. Will rewatch over my xmas break.

Excellent show. Brilliant writing but almost too brilliant. At times complicated dialogue but it didn't have to be. Too much exposition crammed to fit in. The second last episode was killing me at times with too much information to set up for the finale. Ed Harris was great. And when Bill reached for the black hat on the ground, I had figured out his character and a big part of the plot. That's when you know you're writing well, when you can take a simple action and reveal so much by it. I thought Thandie Newton killed it especially naked with her hair down and I say that because much of her best scenes were during this time. I could go on with other things ...

Did anyone else catch in one of the first scenes of the old Host storage area, there was a figure that looked VERY MUCH like Yul Brenner from the original Westworld movie?

Silver Poster

"They can't see the things that will hurt them".

Truer words have never been spoken

Professional Poster lifeisfiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    I rewatched Futureworld a few weeks ago. Truly a wretched, horrible film.
    Futureworld was a good concept, not the best execution. Who knows where it will go. Sorry for all the code speech, but I won't give away spoilers till after the holidays. So many questions, such as is a certain person truly dead since they had their own personal android machine. I suspect someone may be part of the Boards plan ensuring the safety of the park by sending a certain person to somewhere else in the park. Their whole plan was scripted. Then what must Bernard discover, if initially a person thought he wasn't ready.

"These violent delights have violent ends."

At least they will have a marathon this weekend for those who have the time to watch it.