Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Default Re: You've Been Trumped!

Looks like he drained the swamp straight into the transition team. From there, the Whitehouse? Putting the Washington cesspool @ 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Now I'm betting on how many weeks or days after he's sworn in before he makes us all realize what a terrible mistake we have made.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new yorker cover_161114-800.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	980536

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Donald Trump 12 November 2015 on Dr Ben Carson:
    ..he wrote a book. And in the book he said terrible things about himself. He said that he’s pathological and that he’s got basically a pathological disease. Now he wrote this I guess before he was running for office or thought that he was running for office. And I don’t want a person that’s got pathological disease. I don’t want it. I’m not saying he’s got it, he said it....
    ...Then he [Trump] vacillated between implying that Carson is an unstable thug who can’t be trusted in office because of violent things that he wrote about in his memoir, and declaring that his memoir is obvious bullshit that only dupes would believe.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...carson/415791/

Donald Trump 5th December 2016 on Dr Ben Carson:
    “Ben Carson has a brilliant mind and is passionate about strengthening communities and families within those communities,”.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartoon f637e93d742c45c49ac031b279f77fa5.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	983422

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Donald Trump 17th October 2016-

Donald trump on Monday night proposed a stricter lobbying ban to restrict current and former lawmakers from lobbying the government for several years after leaving office.
    At a rally in Green Bay, Wis., the GOP presidential nominee outlined a five-step plan that will reinstate a ban on executive branch officials from lobbying the government five years after leaving office, as well as asking Congress to pass a similar five-year ban on former congressional lawmakers and staff.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...rain-the-swamp

from The Guardian 7th December 2016
    ...former Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole may have played a role in setting up the controversial 10-minute conversation between Trump and Tsai that has so angered Beijing. The New York Times reported that in the lead-up to that call Dole, now a Washington lobbyist, had spent six months working behind the scenes to establish high-level contact between Taiwanese officials and Trump staff.

“It’s fair to say that we may have had some influence,” Dole was quoted as saying by the Wall Street Journal.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-trump-meeting

Farage made a brief appearance on my favorite financial market news show this evening. He was asked to compare BREXIT with the American election result. His response: "Trump is BREXIT times three"

Quote Originally Posted by flabbybody View Post
    Farage made a brief appearance on my favorite financial market news show this evening. He was asked to compare BREXIT with the American election result. His response: "Trump is BREXIT times three"
    I am not sure what that means, but Farage is only good at calculations when they concern his income; not so good when it concerns immigrants or the cost of the UK's membership of the EU, or the (alleged) financial benefits should it leave.
    Add another four to the above and you get the total number of attempts, ie seven, when Farage tried and failed to be elected to the House of Commons. As he is no longer leader of UKIP and is about to lose his €93,000 a year salary as a member of the European Parliament (though he will get a severance payment and a pension when he leaves), he is in need of a job. Will Trump give him a job or just enjoy the company of a fawning political nymph who yearns to live in the shadow of greatness?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Will Trump give him a job or just enjoy the company of a fawning political nymph who yearns to live in the shadow of greatness?
    Not certain about the last bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1432_big.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	400.2 KB 
ID:	983430  

Avatar is not representative of the available product - contents may differ

Why Nigel Farage should become British ambassador to the United State:
    UK ambassador earns €184,999 so it would be a step up from Farage's Parlaiment gig. As ambassador his main function would be attending DC cocktail parties. He'd also be on permanent call to hang out with POTUS in the White House and New York.
    Of course he'd need to be confirmed by Buckingham Palace but Trump has a history of returning favors, so a Farage appointment should be looked at in terms of your best national interest. A few favorable trade deals with the States will make BREXIT look like a stroke of genius. (I wouldn't mind Beefeater gin coming down in price at my local liquor store)
    And as I've stated before, you guys would be rid of him with a move across the pond.

Gold Poster

http://unflatteringfarage.tumblr.com/

This doesn't add anything substantive...but I enjoyed it and thought I'd pass it on. :_)