Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Default Re: You've Been Trumped!

God's going to be so happy with us folks. So happy. I promise you. Ninety-grand to get DeVos confirmed - such a bargain. Such a bargain. Dems are such losers. Sad.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    God's going to be so happy with us folks. So happy. I promise you. Ninety-grand to get DeVos confirmed - such a bargain. Such a bargain. Dems are such losers. Sad.
    Oh my Dog!!! You really have been "Trumped"! I guess anybody can get infected. Don't worry. Hang tight. I found my old Acid Cookbooks, & should have a new batch of "Liberal Pills" any day now. I'm coming to rescue ya Baby.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

You have to wonder. A week or so after the Government of the USA produced a document which could not correctly spell Attack, Attacker and Denmark, the Library of Congress was selling an Inauguration Poster of Donald Trump with another basic spelling mistake, apparently because Americans can't spell, don't know how to use a spell-check tool on their software, do not know how to proof-read a document, or just don't care. The poster has now been withdrawn.
    For a country that has given us some of the finest literature in the English language, this is not comical- it is sloppy and disgraceful. But like I say, who cares?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trumpposter.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	265.2 KB 
ID:	994533

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Thats right!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Those of you who recall the intensity with which Donald Trump attacked Hillary Clinton's creation of a private email server, threatening the security of the USA may wonder how it compares to a President holding an impromptu briefing on a security issue involving North Korea and the USA's Asian ally, in the middle of a crowded restaurant, with staff who may or may not have been vetted and members of the public who, even if they have paid $100,000 to be members of Mar-a-Lago Palace (decor -gold lead in the ceiling, gold sinks in the Ladies- by Saddam Hussein)- were nevertheless allowed to stand next to and photo and tweet themselves with the guy with the 'football' containing the codes for a nuclear strike. The mind boggles.

But here is the serious issue: the creation in the White House of the Strategic Initiatives Group [SIG] comprised of Trump, son-in-law Jared Kushner, Steven Bannon, and Stephen Miller. It is not clear if the Dirty Digger, Rupert Murdoch will also join though he is a regular caller on Trump by phone and was in the office when Trump was interviewed for the first time in January by two European journalists Michael Gove (reporting for Murdoch's paper The Times) and Kai Diekmann of the German paper Bild who also sits on the Board of The Times.

The point about the SIG is that it has already sidelined the National Security Council and it may be the case that it was the members of the SIG who offered Michael Flynn the option of resigning or being sacked. Just as important is the claim that Bannon has ordered no record of SIG meetings be kept. In any case, it appears that when in the future historians order Presidential files from the National Archive in Washington, most of Trump's files will consist of one sheet of A4 with a few bullet points, some maps and photos, for the simple reason that Trump doesn't read.

Ok, so the NSC is a bloated organisation formed in 1947 as part of the USA's containment strategy at the start of the Cold War, but maybe this should be a matter of public debate-? Or maybe the security of the USA is now to become a public spectacle in whichever restaurant Trump happens to be in at the time, sort of like bringing the people closer to the heart of government?

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/01/...ous-hypocrisy/

Quote Originally Posted by hippifried View Post
    Oh my Dog!!! You really have been "Trumped"! I guess anybody can get infected. Don't worry. Hang tight. I found my old Acid Cookbooks, & should have a new batch of "Liberal Pills" any day now. I'm coming to rescue ya Baby.
    Yeah,you nailed it Trish!

On the Charlie Rose Show last night I noticed "impeachment" and the "I don't believe he's sane" issue finally entered the discussion. Also some good discussion.
    http://charlierose.com/videos/29828

Last edited by sukumvit boy; 02-15-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Calamity Sean, 14th February 2016
    "Yesterday the President held an incredibly productive set of meetings and discussions with Prime Minister Joe Trudeau..."

How do you spell it, is it Joe or is it Jo?

Senior Member Professional Poster AshlynCreamher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Calamity Sean, 14th February 2016
    "Yesterday the President held an incredibly productive set of meetings and discussions with Prime Minister Joe Trudeau..."

How do you spell it, is it Joe or is it Jo?
    Did you get that off the whitehouse.gov?

Senior Member Junior Poster

I love what Trump is doing so far. I really like Sessions as his attorney general pick. Also he will get the shut down of the Islamic Muslim "refugee" resettlement program that is needed. No matter how many road blocks the anti-American activist judges try to throw up. Can't wait for the wall to be built, and for the deportations of illegal alien criminals to continue to be ramped up. Finally things are going the way they ought to be going in America! But there is a lot more to do. Hopefully the ugly old hook-nosed bag Ginsburg will move to New Zealand (like she threatened to do during the campaign if Trump won), and he can get another Supreme Court justice through while he still has a majority in both the House and Senate (in addition to Gorsuch). Trump will have the leeway to pick a more Scalia-like nominee if he has those majorities in both houses. (He will probably lose the Senate in the 2018 mid-term election.) Hated to see Michael Flynn go, that guy was great!

1 out of 2 members liked this post.