Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Yelp are now helping people find bathrooms

On Friday, Yelp announced that it will now allow users to find out if a business has a gender neutral bathroom. Yelp’s definition of a gender neutral bathroom is a single-stall bathroom accessible by any gender.

There are third-party apps such as REFUGE Restrooms that allow individuals to find restrooms that are safe or accessible for all genders, but this is the first time we’ve seen this sort of feature rolled out in an app used as broadly as Yelp. The feature will now exist on desktop and mobile, and according to the company, in the next few weeks, users will be able to specifically search for gender neutral bathrooms. (We’re guessing this means it will be introduced as a filter, but we’ve reached out to confirm.)

So how will Yelp get this information? On the Yelp blog, the company details how it will work:

Yelp will collect this information from users and business owners in two ways. We will begin asking users who check into or review businesses like restaurants and retail shops if those establishments offer restrooms that are gender neutral. Additionally, businesses owners can edit the Gender Neutral Restrooms attribute from their business user account.

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Default Re: Yelp are now helping people find bathrooms

That's good to hear and I'm sure it will help a lot of trans women. Unfortunately some of our states are adopting lame laws to ban trans women from the women's bathrooms. How lame is that? And they do it under the guise that trans women are child molesters. Makes me want to puke. The only child molesters are our lawmakers trying to pass this shit. Just because they know that they would molest children in the women's bathrooms is no reason to believe a trans woman would do the same. What a bunch of dirty old men we've elected.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Yelp are now helping people find bathrooms

yeah, as someone whos planning to be a franchisee I don't want to bring this kind of problem into the establishment. The only sex offenders usually be straight and I usually see news of cisgendered women having sex with women. I don't have any problem with transwomen using the womens restroom