Default Vote Your Conscience

Crikeys!

I haven't posted here since Jesus wore short pants and here I am in the P&R slum. Whassupwitdat?

*Sigh*

I just saw a gurl post the following comment on Facebook:

"If you're voting Trump, you may as well put the gun in my mouth yourself."

I am so wound up about this shit. This election round is so divisive, so black and white, us versus them, do or die, that I can't even begin to guess what we may see as a nation divided on November 9th.

I won't get into the obvious bullshit of how Trump supporters keep touting him as a 'good businessman' because he filed six bankruptcies and consistently stiffs all of the small business vendors that work for his so-called empire.

Trump and Pence are clearly, openly, and adamantly against LGBT rights that any nod to them in this election cycle is tantamount to death threats at the very least and execution at the very most. Assuring threats to employment, housing, family and relationship status, the list goes on.

I know one fellow that is voting Trump because he refuses to vote for Clinton. Another said it was because he didn't want another Clinton in the White House. Fine, if that's how you feel, don't vote for Clinton. But ferfeckssakes, don't feed the monster by voting for Trump.

Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Darrell Castle, Evan McMullin, even Vermin Supreme is a better choice than Trump. Even a non-vote/none of the above is a better choice.

Remember, it only took 537 votes, out of over 100,000,000, to turn the election in 2000. Don't be one of those 537.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VerminSupreme2016.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	977402

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Default Re: Vote Your Conscience

My conscience would NEVER let me vote for Trump. Neither would my friendships with folks in the LGBT community, my immigrant friends (including some who aren't legal), nor my friendships (and kinships) with people of the Muslim faith.

And no, I'm not a single-issue voter as well. People say I blindly vote blue. Nope: I've weighuall of the issues and have formed my own opinion. And that opinion is against the republicans.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Vote strategically. A vote for anyone other than Hillary IS a vote for the orange, bankrupt, egocentric, intellectually challenged, hate mongering, tax-evading, draft-dodging, bill-stiffing, tiny fisted, pussy grabber - and I say that respectfully.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Vote strategically. A vote for anyone other than Hillary IS a vote for the orange, bankrupt, egocentric, intellectually challenged, hate mongering, tax-evading, draft-dodging, bill-stiffing, tiny fisted, pussy grabber - and I say that respectfully.
    Good list. I agree with the sentiment. I don't really see a vote for crazy Jill Stein (or the third party people though she is probably the biggest clown) in an election that is really between Trump and Hillary as a vote for conscience.

Why does your conscience tell you stopping Trump is the priority. This is a guy who cannot even respond to normal situations like a grownup let alone respond intelligently.

He can't figure out what he's supposed to say when someone is assaulted in front of him. He can't figure out on the first try that he should denounce David Duke. He can't figure out that when he sends out a meme with a star of david on a pile of cash, that he shouldn't argue the star is just as likely a sheriff's badge. He can't figure out that when a gold star family criticizes them, he shouldn't have his affiliates accuse them of terrorist links. He can't figure out that he shouldn't imply a Judge's heritage is a disqualifier requiring recusal because of his own prejudicial public statements. He lies about things that are well documented and then repeats the lies even in the face of overwhelming evidence they're lies. We don't even have to get to the policies. If you've witnessed this man do these things and your conscience doesn't tell you that priority one is keeping him from being president and representing every group in this country, your conscience needs an update.