Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jill Stein

Gold Poster

Default Re: Jill Stein

I only wish Jill Stein and Gary Johnson could have had kids. Those kids would have had the weirdest politics in history. Their environmental policy would be to eat caterpillars or something.

That could be its own topic. If Jill Stein and Gary Johnson had produced offspring (or maybe we can do something with their gametes in a test tube??), what sorts of policies would they support?

That yearbook photo of Jill Stein she looks like the average girl I went to Hebrew school with before the wifi melted her brain. Poor Jill.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    It is odd that in a country which has had some of the most effective environmental groups over the last 100+ years (cf the Wilderness Society and the Sierra Club) the Green Party has failed to establish itself as the 'natural party of nature'. I am not sure if anyone has counted how many Green Party candidates elected to local office in California have dumped the party to become Democrats, but Jill Stein and her running mate are not going to appeal to anyone who takes the environment seriously.
    Yeah, the Green Party are by and large just a bunch of fringe whack job commie kooks. Protecting the environment is only tangential to their overall social radical, social justice warrior, ideology.

While important conservation measures like protecting National Parks (America's greatest idea) will always have broad appeal across all demographic groups, the Green Party will never attract or appeal to sane, mainstream Americans.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    That yearbook photo of Jill Stein she looks like the average girl I went to Hebrew school with before the wifi melted her brain. Poor Jill.
    I actually could get behind Jill Stein's claim that wifi causes brain damage if she could prove she's had an unusual level of exposure. The Green Party has long been a joke, but not because they are "commies" or "social justice warriors" but because they often run candidates who support quackery and conspiracy drivel, in this case with a left wing bent.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

".....Protecting the environment is only tangential to their overall social radical, social justice warrior, ideology"

&
    "....but to do that it needs credible policies, and credible candidates, not a couple of odd-balls who are unqualified to hold office."
    &
    ".... but because they often run candidates who support quackery and conspiracy drivel, in this case with a left wing bent"

Nailed it guy's. Couldn't have said it better.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Justice is not an ideology, it's a civil right. Perhaps you're just not cut out for the warrior stuff. I get that.

What's wrong with the Green Party is the same thing that's wrong with any other 'third' party in U.S. politics. They aren't serious. They tend to be myopically focused and they're potential spoilers.

As for candidates who support quackery and conspiracy drivel, has anybody looked at the Republican Party recently: Inhofe's snowball, Trump's birtherism, Pence's funerals for fetuses, Breitbart's white supremacy etc. etc. etc.?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    jill is not average. i remember a friend telling me that average people, were those who, no matter what cloak they used to get through the day's needful rationale, would never be fully accepted or vaulted. that's not jill

personally i think she's a little naive and (maybe) a little too optimistic but somehow i think it's an important outlook she has that shouldn't be lost. it's like, jill is doing her part. and she's cute as hell doing it. at least, that's what i think.

Silver Poster

someone just figured out why i find jill stein so alluring. she's francoise hardy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17_Francoise_Hardy_2012_c.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	984800

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    personally i think she's a little naive and (maybe) a little too optimistic but somehow i think it's an important outlook she has that shouldn't be lost. it's like, jill is doing her part. and she's cute as hell doing it. at least, that's what i think.
    I read her wikipedia. She has an impressive amount of energy and dedication. I better stop soon if I want to keep it positive...there is also something cute about her public persona, whether it's the colorful outfits while she's ecstatically holding up carrots or the slightly fey look in this last picture. We do need people like Jill who are dedicated to social justice (she might even be a warrior), but she could have done a better job articulating sensible policy. She looks so somber and serious in that yearbook photo....if we can judge her life in pictures, I haven't seen a recent one that matches that poise.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    As for candidates who support quackery and conspiracy drivel, has anybody looked at the Republican Party recently: Inhofe's snowball, Trump's birtherism, Pence's funerals for fetuses, Breitbart's white supremacy etc. etc. etc.?
    I agree. I don't know if it's because I'm a Democrat, but I think conspiracy thinking has permeated the mainstream of the Republican party in a way I have not seen for Democrats. Even during the Clinton years, it was right there.

There have also been minor Republican figures who from time to time have expressed offensive ideas, like legitimate rape, which is as much a form of quackery as anything. Something medieval in the cruelty of telling a woman she could not have been raped because the rape led to pregnancy. Other examples include Flynn's support of theories that Hillary Clinton harms children and now Trump's belief that the CIA and NSA are politicized because they're telling him things about Putin he doesn't want to hear.

Something tells me if there were the equivalent of a right wing green party; a party that appealed to militiamen and painted the picture of an out of control federal government, of minorities trying to seize control of our country's sacred institutions, and of climate scientists stoking fear for profit, the Republican party would not survive.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Shhhhh! Keep your voice down and knock on wood. I fear such a party may be on the rise.

Seriously, the Republican Party is being taken over by just the sort of racist, gun toting, conspiracy driven, ignorant, paranoid nationalism you describe. We should rename it, The Zombie Party. Look out: it's conspiracy concentrated, faked for flakes news propaganda will eat away your brains from the inside out!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.