Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jill Stein

Silver Poster

Default Jill Stein

anyone else here just think jill stein is the cutest ever?

Silver Poster

Default Re: Jill Stein

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

A rather unmusical performance, but a nice recovery on the cymbal drop. Now I'm gonna go brew me up a cup of my favorite drug of choice - Sumatran coffee. It puts me in such a funk when I come down.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    A rather unmusical performance, but a nice recovery on the cymbal drop.
    jill takes you down to her place by the river...
    then she gets you on her wavelength
    and she allows the river to answer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jillstein.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	558.2 KB 
ID:	975783

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

It is odd that in a country which has had some of the most effective environmental groups over the last 100+ years (cf the Wilderness Society and the Sierra Club) the Green Party has failed to establish itself as the 'natural party of nature'. I am not sure if anyone has counted how many Green Party candidates elected to local office in California have dumped the party to become Democrats, but Jill Stein and her running mate are not going to appeal to anyone who takes the environment seriously. Public disaffection with both Democrats and Republicans -if it is as widespread as we are led to believe- ought to be the right moment for a dynamic new party to capture the floating voter, but to do that it needs credible policies, and credible candidates, not a couple of odd-balls who are unqualified to hold office.

A fairly interesting article on the limitations of Ms Stein-
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/duncan..._11246556.html

Silver Poster

thou was all that to me love,
    for which my soul did pine,
    a green isle in the sea...
    love...
    a fountain and a shrine.

Last edited by bluesoul; 10-29-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    It is odd that in a country which has had some of the most effective environmental groups over the last 100+ years (cf the Wilderness Society and the Sierra Club) the Green Party has failed to establish itself as the 'natural party of nature'. I am not sure if anyone has counted how many Green Party candidates elected to local office in California have dumped the party to become Democrats, but Jill Stein and her running mate are not going to appeal to anyone who takes the environment seriously. Public disaffection with both Democrats and Republicans -if it is as widespread as we are led to believe- ought to be the right moment for a dynamic new party to capture the floating voter, but to do that it needs credible policies, and credible candidates, not a couple of odd-balls who are unqualified to hold office.

A fairly interesting article on the limitations of Ms Stein-
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/duncan..._11246556.html
    The problem is that like almost every other issue in this country, the environment has become politicized. Where as conservation used to be something the Republicans could get behind, they now view any attempts at protecting the environment as an assault on capitalism and our freedoms.

But at same time, liberals refusal to comprise on certain issues as been their own worst enemy. Especially when it comes to nuclear power. Solar and wind can't be their answer for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    The problem is that like almost every other issue in this country, the environment has become politicized. Where as conservation used to be something the Republicans could get behind, they now view any attempts at protecting the environment as an assault on capitalism and our freedoms.

But at same time, liberals refusal to comprise on certain issues as been their own worst enemy. Especially when it comes to nuclear power. Solar and wind can't be their answer for everything.
    The republicans don't really think that shit for the most part. They're just wimps that are scared of the fringe elements of the party. All that prostration to the demigods of AM talk radio let the toons take over the party. They're too busy trying to keep from being "tea bagged" in the primaries that they lost track of why they're there in the first place. Oops! I guess that strategy and those tactics might be backfiring. Let them split it in two. We'll have the banker's party and the klan/nazis can go their own way. The Ayn Rand egoists have already usurped the libertarians. At least we'll finally know who's who.

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

Spray-painting graffiti on construction property in North Dakota isn't presidential.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Putin View Post
    Spray-painting graffiti on construction property in North Dakota isn't presidential.
    lol @ construction property.

btw: even after the embarrassing re-count blunder and money wasting, i still think jill stein is so fine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GZICDz5.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	540.8 KB 
ID:	984642

1 out of 2 members liked this post.