Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347479808182838485 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    But REALITY owns the future, and if history is any judge, it's about time for Trump to lose. Actually, it might be better if we give Trump another year to drag the entire Republican Party down with him. They can come back in 17 years, like locusts.
    Buttslinger, you are sleepwalking through a revolution against the revolution, a civil war without the killing -so far. There is a revolution under way that is opposed to the American Revolution's separation of Church from State; just as the Civil War is being re-fought -I kid you not- in the name of Jesus in the South and the North-West, with Abortion its flaming spear. For this is what they say:

One recent article profiles pastor, broadcaster and author Michael L Brown, who blames a “coming civil war” on “militant abortionists”.
    Brown told Charisma: “A civil war is coming to America, only this time, it will be abortion, rather than slavery, that divides the nation”.

An upcoming book from Brown also warns that abortion is among the signs that “the demonic spirit of Jezebel is powerful in America”. In another column this month Brown wrote: “A civil war is certain. The only thing to be determined is how bloody it will be.”

And this:

Earlier this month, the Guardian revealed that the Washington state republican legislator Matt Shea had also speculated about civil war, and the “Balkanization” of America, predicting that Christians would retreat to “zones of freedom” such as the inland Pacific north-west, where Shea is campaigning for a new state to break away from Washington.

Asked on a podcast if the two halves of the country could remain together, Shea said: “I don’t think we can, again, because you have half that want to follow the Lord and righteousness and half that don’t, and I don’t know how that can stand.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ar-predictions

I will leave you to ask how the defenders of a heartbeat (before the heart has even been formed) call it pro-life, even as they plot the 'end-of-life' to those who want to know what business it is for them if a person A decides to terminate a pregnancy.
    Because the weirdos on the fringes are now in power, that is the difference. Jezebel is coming home!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Stavros,.... SUH......I have the blood of Robert E Lee flowing through my veins, and I don't need some "uppity" Limey telling me who I am. You don't even recognize Elvis as the one true King! How can I even talk to you!!???!!!
    We can debate whether or not a garbageman is created equal with a Fortune 500 CEO, or if Cain killing Abel was murder or natural selection, but one thing we can't debate is that poor people suffer, and that suffering can manifest itself into ugliness pretty quick.
    When Obama wondered why Republicans cling to their guns and religion, it was like talking about poor republicans. There are no poor republicans. There are WORKING Republicans. Working for shit wages at some shit job, in the wealthiest nation the world has ever seen. The same money that made Trump a high roller made being poor a criminal offense. In a fair system, who decides who mows lawns for a living?
    It's no accident that Trump is the leader of the party that didn't go to College. What we learned last election was how many people in America not only didn't go to College, we learned how many gullible morons are running around free, nobody wants to admit that the problems of a nation need to be fixed one person at a time for a lifetime. Illusion is our friend. If people really knew how fucked everything really is, they would secede from the Union!
    In business, when you fuck over your competitors, you win. In politics, for whatever reason, the losing party is bitter and resentful for four years, reminded constantly in the media. I think most leaders in either party understand that you have to lift the entire nation, not just half, but it's just like governing usually turns into deciding how to equally shortchange every institution because there will never be enough money, even in a country that has a pile of dough higher than any before it.
    The truth was the truth when we were kids, and the truth is the truth now. It's understandable that Putin wants to stick it to the west, it's understandable that North Korea is un-understandable. Fixing it is not so easy to understand.
    Trump will go down, after the damage is done, and eventually we'll get a leader that will make us see that a loaf of bread and a couple fish can feed thousands if you serve it right. But that leader too will come and go, and the poor wise people will be stuck with the knowledge that Wisdom is the only thing that lasts, and Wisdom and the World very rarely meet.
    When the framers of the Constitution wrote up the Articles of Impeachment they could have put Trump's picture there, 100%.. but I'm not sure that the founding fathers would have believed that even in 250 years a black man could be President. Democracy is fucking scary, in a nation of fools. Trump should be impeached immediately, but the reality of the thing is not only would it fail because of the republican senators, it would prosecute the entire rural half of the country for the crime of being gullible hicks.
    I have faith that Mueller has enough shit on Trump locked away that even Ivanka would want him to be arrested. While I am fumbling in the dark, and don't really know, I would have to say this is a good time for Dems to keep stacking their chips and let the Republicans keep investing in their traitorous manchild. That's called POLITICS, and the real war here is between Nancy and Mitch. McConnell is the one who needs to burn in Hell.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by buttslinger; 05-26-2019 at 06:17 PM. Reason: grammur
    World Class Asshole

The Supreme Court should hear cases on gerrymandering and census rigging today or tomorrow, let's see if we're tired of WINNING yet.

World Class Asshole

Waves of Nausea
    Waves of Nausea

World Class Asshole

Yes, it is nauseatiing, yes, it is offensive, and yes, the Confederacy loves it.
    But -is the President really going to turn the 2020 election campaign into an existential crisis in which the USA is threatened by four women?

He clearly has a major problem with women in positions of power and authority (no problem with pretty girls 'some of them very young' he sees at parties) -but does this not also mean that he has written off the votes of American women, that he can sacrifice their vote and still win?

Maybe the election should not be about the threat to the USA posed by immigrants, but about Women: the majority of the population who have Rights, Needs and Wants.

The correct quote from Epstein's buddy should be-

"
    Trump called Epstein a “terrific guy” who was “a lot of fun to be with.” He added: “It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” (The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.)"

If Steve Grooby gave me a billion imaginary internet dollars, the entire religion and politics section would become a handful of visitors demanding that I shut the fuck up, with me laughing at all you people. You look like ants to me. I actually used to use this tactic at work, while I was stealing thousands of dollars to spend on wine and women. I can't believe I pulled it off.
    This week Nancy Pelosi called Trump a racist on the floor of the House. She had to call him a racist between the lines, because in the USA, you have to show respect for elected lawmakers, even reporters aren't allowed to call Trump a liar to his face. You have to respect the OFFICE, even if you don't respect the person holding it.
    There is a 7-11 near my house that has the best BIG GULP machine ever, tomorrow the heat index in DC is going to be 110 degrees. As pathetic as it is that my poison is now a Super Big-Gulp, even worse are the apartments around the 7-11. Poor whites, poor Blacks, poor Immigrants of every size and shape. Lots of babies. Beggars fight for prime locations.
    I'm hearing that Bill Barr is putting his hand in the cookie jar, and that cookie jar is the Southern District of New York where Mueller sent all those cases against Trump that didn't fall under the Russia parameter. It looks like cases against Trump are disappearing behind closed doors.
    Even if Trump faces Justice, we will still have Mitch McConnell, we will still have millions of poor rednecks, and millions of poor immigrants. I guess the USA is just another Pyramid Scheme.
    They unsealed some Cohen documents that cast a real bad light on Trump and Hope Hicks, and Trump's pedophile buddy might be pressured to sing about earlier carefree days with THE DONALD.
    But I'm really feeling like not only has the damage been done, Trump is just the first glaring sign that the West is on a downward spiral. China has more people than the US and Europe combined, and they all consider themselves Chinese. Westerners who visit there every two years say each new visit finds a new high speed train or hand-built island or a brand new electronics hub. It's exciting to be there.

World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

I'm wondering why Donald Drumpf should not be the one who should go back to where he (or his ancestors) came from. He clearly must hate the USA given his determination to trash the constitution and everything else he inherited from his predecessors. Of course the Germans would probably not let him in because of his record of promoting racial bigotry.

I think one thing that has becoming increasingly clear is that the real reason the Republican establishment were opposed to Trump initially was not that he's ignorant, a compulsive liar, a bigot, a sexual predator or a narcissist with authoritarian tendencies. It was that they were worried that he was serious about his populist rhetoric about helping the working class. Once they realised that was all talk and Trump was not going to get in the way of their plutocratic agenda they were quite happy to let him have his way on everything else, especially as the Trump Show provides a useful distraction. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...e-collar-crime

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

I think the Republicans shit their pants when Trump first mentioned THE WALL and Mexican rapists and murderers. He gave away the secret sauce. And now the Party is going to pay for it.
    Of course Individual Retirement Investments are better than heroin.
    Dems better be careful if they plan to run on a Anti-Racist Platform.
    Guns and Racism. Hitler never stood a chance.
    OMAR!!

World Class Asshole

As much as I like to clown and play games, Donald Trump is no joke, cancer causing pesticides are now legal again, corporations are raping and murdering the environment, Bill Barr is "disappearing" court cases against Trump in New York, murderous regimes across the globe are getting a wink, education is being sold off, every day is a new outrage. Everyone in the World who thought of the US Govt. as a criminal enterprise are now right.
    Somebody is going to pay for all this, and unless Bernie is elected, it's going to be all of us who pay.

World Class Asshole