Page 75 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25657071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    To Trump's credit, it's amazing a man of his FATNESS could limbo beneath such a low bar.
    He studied at the Rush Limbo School of Limbo

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

God, I hope Cohen has lots of rat stories tomorrow, it's been a long time since I've seen quality entertainment on TV. It could be a flood, Cohen may be the last guy on earth testifying before a House Committee that Trump wants to see. It may play like an episode of "The Sopranos" Time to get fucked Trump.
    I have a 10 AM dentist appt. Just a cleaning. Or so they say....

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

It was written by a NY Times employee get over it people. Trump is the greatest thing that has happened to this country since Regan

Cohen is a liar and an felon get over it. You would rather have Democratic muslim that wants to change this country into another Islamic state.

You are all a bunch of assholes

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by petelovesall View Post
    …... Trump is the greatest thing that has happened to this country since Regan
    Regan was the little girl in the Exorcist.
    The main thing I got today is that the Republicans live in an alternate Universe.
    Democrats laid some good groundwork.

World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by petelovesall View Post
    Cohen is a liar and an felon get over it. You would rather have Democratic muslim that wants to change this country into another Islamic state.

You are all a bunch of assholes
    Are you sure you've joined the right forum? You seem to have wandered away from the right-wing delusional hate-monging conspiracy theorists bubble.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1nezp2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	1136875

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 02-28-2019 at 04:19 AM.

Gold Poster

Donald Trump recently sold out the family of Otto Warmbier, an American who was brutalized and murdered by the North Korean regime while being held in captivity for a non-offense. Trump said Kim Jong Un told him he knew nothing about Warmbier's mistreatment and he believed him, following his pattern of believing dictators and murderers.

Following his pattern of disbelieving career law enforcement and prosecutors Trump has continued to vilify those heading the Mueller investigations, oddly by pointing out that Mueller is not elected. The entire point of the special counsel statute is to allow for an appointed, independent prosecutor to look into executive branch crimes. Mueller's investigation has seen the conviction of Manafort, Cohen, former NSA Michael Flynn, and will probably yield a conviction against Roger Stone too.

If anyone can sum up what the Cohen testimony brought to light I'd appreciate it. I didn't watch and all I'm hearing are sound bytes about Trump not wanting to release his SAT scores, which frankly is obvious because if they were decent we'd have heard them by now. Obviously anything Cohen says will have to be investigated and corroborated by someone who hasn't been convicted of making false statements, but the testimony of a crook claiming he's coming clean is a decent place to start.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Your President is a coward. He could have called Comey and Tillerson into his office to fire them, face to face, but he did not. He stands next to, or in front of dictators like Putin and Kim and crumbles, they know better than he does, and better than the USA's own intelligence services. He may not need to tell them to their face they are unacceptable dictators, diplomatic protocol may suggest that is not a good idea, but to simply cave in as he has does is an astonishing exhibition of cowardice and a dereliction of his duties as President.

But this is a Presidet who has now dragged the Office into the gutter by swearing in public, something that reveals the contempt he has for the Office, but even more depressing is the fact that he is now supported by a part, it used to be called the Republican Party that does not object to his lies, that does not object to his use of crude language, and now cursing in public when insulting and abusing Americans just because they challenge him, and who can't even suggest he button his jacket or his coat. He looks like he is going to the toilet, perhaps because that is how he views his country.

Here are the Cohen takeaways from three different sources linked below:

-"I am ashamed because I know what Mr. Trump is. He is a racist. He is a conman. He is a cheat."

-"He was a presidential candidate who knew that Roger Stone was talking with Julian Assange about a WikiLeaks drop of Democratic National Committee emails."

-"There were at least a half-dozen times between the Iowa Caucus in January 2016 and the end of June when he would ask me 'How's it going in Russia?' -- referring to the Moscow Tower project."

-"Trump knew of and directed the Trump Moscow negotiations throughout the campaign and lied about it. He lied about it because he never expected to win the election. He also lied about it because he stood to make hundreds of millions of dollars on the Moscow real estate project."

-"Mr. Stone told Mr. Trump that he had just gotten off the phone with Julian Assange and that Mr. Assange told Mr. Stone that, within a couple of days, there would be a massive dump of emails that would damage Hillary Clinton's campaign. Mr. Trump responded by stating to the effect of 'wouldn't that be great.'"

-"He once asked me if I could name a country run by a black person that wasn't a 'shithole.' This was when Barack Obama was President of the United States."

-"He told me that black people would never vote for him because they were too stupid."

-"He finished the conversation with the following comment. 'You think I'm stupid, I wasn't going to Vietnam.'"

-"Everything was done with the knowledge of, and at the direction of, Mr. Trump."

-"What he didn't want was to have an entire group of thinks tanks run through his tax return ... and then he'll end up in an audit and eventually have taxable consequences."

-"I fear that if he loses the presidential election in 2020, there will never be a peaceful transition of power."
    https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/27/p...sia/index.html

Note that Cohen says he has never been to Prague or the Czech Republic, but that
    Another discrepancy involves Prague. He has denied the claim, and here he did so again, this time under oath. But he went even further, saying, “I’ve never been to Prague. I’ve never been to the Czech Republic.”
    Except he told Mother Jones’s David Corn in 2016, “I haven’t been to Prague in 14 years. I was in Prague for one afternoon 14 years ago.” And he told the Wall Street Journal he was in Prague in 2001, so around the same time. Did he mean he was only there briefly? Is that the same as never having been there? Expect to hear more about this.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.9bb5b35eb37a

Representative Ocasio-Cortez asked sharp questions which you can see here

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Stavros; 03-03-2019 at 05:40 PM.

The sharp cut heals fastest.

From what I've been hearing about the Mueller Report and from what I saw at Cohen's hearing and Trump's two hour CPAC rant, the USA is going to go through another year and a half of strum and drang, I thought the best thing about Cohen was, after two hours of being called a rat and a liar by the Republicans, he calmly told them "I used to be like you, protecting Trump, but I lived to regret it"
    They say in the private hearings the Republicans are less confrontational, they don't have to play to Trump and his adoring fanbase.
    I hope a year and a half of daily revelations about Trump is enough to sour the Republican voters enough for a Democratic Landslide. It might be better if this whole thing gets uglier and leaves a permanent stain on the Republican Party.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    I hope a year and a half of daily revelations about Trump is enough to sour the Republican voters enough for a Democratic Landslide. It might be better if this whole thing gets uglier and leaves a permanent stain on the Republican Party.
    The people you are talking about don't care if their leader swears in public, insults and abuses Americans, crumbles to his knees when meeting dictators. The days when Republicans talked about American 'values' and criticised autocratic regimes is over, they have no values, no morals, no loyalty to the rule of law or the Constitution and are delirious that their leader treats everyone with insolent contempt. They hate what they perceive to be a multi-cultural USA, and are as detached from it as the Confederacy was in the mid-19th century. That they will ever tire of being told how corrupt Washington is, how bent and crooked its politicians are, is daft, they love it and lap it all up, and don't care if their Dear Leader is the most corrupt of them all. They are creating laws in their states which will base all policies on the Bible, they are appointing judges who believe in the rights of the unborn child, rather than the living one, they have turned their backs on the America they hate, and will never vote against their Dear Leader, and may yet mount a challenge worthy of Robert E. Lee if he is not re-elected in 2020.
    Your Democracy is in peril, and they don't give a damn.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.