Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

[QUOTE=buttslinger;1849051]
    Despite everything Rudy says, all the main players, Rosenstein, Sessions and Mueller are lifelong Republicans. I see that as a good thing.
    --But your President is not a Republican and in the first tv debate for the part's nomination he made it clear he didn't care what the party did or said, and if they didn't nominate him he would run against them. After all the Republicans are part of the problem, isn't that what his entire campaign was about? How the party establishment endorsed someone so hostile to them remains one of the 'what if's' in recent history, to which the only explanation is that they needed him to reverse everything Obama implemented, and reward themselves and their friends with tax cuts.
    --Why does Giuliani appear on tv every Sunday, or rather, why do the tv stations bother when he just talks rubbish? If he ever had anyone's respect, he has lost it by now. 'The truth is not truth'. Not sure even Wittgenstein could swallow that.

If Trump pardons Manafort for crimes against the Nation, Mueller can and will try him in State Court where Trump's Pardon Powers don't exist , and you can bet the Judge will give him the maximum sentence. My big question is if Manafort knows this, why doesn't he just flip?
    --The swamp life that oozed out of the darker recesses of Manhattan and now swarms over this administration is made up of men who believe the simple rule: if you want something in life, go out and take it. They consider themselves entitled to take as much as they can, legally or not, and don't care what you think about it. They can't live on $300,000 a year, they need $30 million. Even the ones who already had millions, billions expect the tax payer to fund their lavish demands, from transport to furniture. But the most extraordinary thing is that it doesn't seem to matter that this President has surrounded himself with liars, crooks and incompetent managers, or that he himself is corrupt and in some way nobbled by the Russians, his supporters just don't care, just as they think the press is made up of liars and they wouldn't care if the New York Times and the Washington Post were shut down and their staff thrown in prison. It is the rule of law, as well as basics like etiquette in public life that have been eroded, with no end in sight of what may be the deliberate sabotage of the US political system by a foul-mouthed moron who takes the view: if you don't worship and adore me I will destroy everything I can.

He resents you, he is full of spite and anger, and will lash out, he will burn it down rather than preserve a system that lasted for 242 years. And he will justify his rage and resentment to the bitter end.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster

I had yet one more fantastic post on Trump, but it disappeared into thin air again when I pushed Go Advanced
    Fuck it.

Even without Mueller, Trump would be a disgraced President in the end, probably when he crashed the World Economy like Bush.

If Love makes the World go round, Hate makes it go even faster, I think the point of the post I lost was the Trump Racists have always been the little secret of the Republican Party, if you want to kill the snake you have to cut off it's head, and if Limbaugh and Hannity want to wrap their everloving arms around Trump, all the better, nothing ruins a reputation like Colluding with the KGB. In the Fox World, you're either a Patriot or a pinhead.

World Class Asshole

Stavros, I think we may have to face the fact that people are either sick of Trump, or they're sick of you and/or me.
    I think the world has Trump Fatigue, tonight my fears are centering around my trip to the dentist tomorrow, Manafort is sitting in a jail cell twenty minutes away from me, I wonder what he's thinking about? How long has it been since these guys had a good blow job?

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    I had yet one more fantastic post on Trump, but it disappeared into thin air again when I pushed Go Advanced
    I've had that happen a few times myself. So what did we miss?

Last edited by broncofan; 08-21-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I've had that happen a few times myself. So what did we miss?
    I don't get it, I thought it was a glitch, but how many times have I thought it's the computer's fault when it's actually mine?
    I'm signed in, I write some stuff, hit Go Advanced to see what I wrote, and I get the page saying I'm not signed in. Maybe it's onset dementia.

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

I don't get it, I thought it was a glitch, but how many times have I thought it's the computer's fault when it's actually mine?
    I'm signed in, I write some stuff, hit Go Advanced to see what I wrote, and I get the page saying I'm not signed in. Maybe it's onset dementia.
    I've decided not to go advanced. If they have a go beginner button I'll hit it.

But we had some good news today. I didn't follow the trial but Manafort was found guilty on five charges of tax fraud, two counts bank fraud, and one count hiding a foreign bank account. He faces up to 240 years in prison.

What that means is that even though there were 10 charges for which there was a hung jury, we were able to find 12 people who could conclude the obvious without unnecessary partisanship. It's a ray of hope.

Michael Cohen is pleading guilty so we'll see what he has to say about the rest of them.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

In a stunning admission Michael Cohen, the lawyer, admitted to a New York court that he had broken campaign finance laws and claimed he did so "in coordination with and at the direction of a federal candidate". His lawyer later confirmed he was referring to Mr Trump.

Cohen said he acted "at the request of the candidate" and added: "I participated in the conduct for the purposes of influencing the election."
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...fraud-charges/

In most cases this would lead to a resignation, but we may be living in an era when the law is broken but nothing is done about it, even when the participants admit to it. You want to win this election or not? But if the rule of law no longer applies, it has no meaning.
    We have seen in the UK how the former Foreign Secretary, Boris Johnson went from the Foreign Office to the Telegraph as a journalist within a week, violating the Ministerial Code that says Ministers must not enter the private sector for three months, just as we now know the Leave campaigns in the EU Referendum broke election law by spending beyond the legal limit, with money that we may yet discover came from the Russian government. Either way, the EU referendum is tainted, but nobody has the courage to stand up and say that as it was crooked, so it should be stopped.

It is official and a fact: the President is a crook, when will he resign?

This has happened to me several times. I learned to copy my post, before I hit the Go Advanced button. . Sometimes in relogging in a little dialogue window will pop up and ask if I want to use the post, that disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    ….What that means is that even though there were 10 charges for which there was a hung jury, we were able to find 12 people who could conclude the obvious without unnecessary partisanship. It's a ray of hope....
    Probably one guy hung up the 10 charges, next stop DC, not much sympathy for Mr Manafort there, ...it sure would be nice if Mr Mueller had a witness who was in the room when Nastya Slutskovitch and her Kremlin Kamarades pitched Collusion to Beredict Donald Jr. He would be the centerpiece of an amazing story that maybe most people would have a hard time believing without proof. No cavities today.

Thanks Bronco, you've been a good soldier, this isn't partisan bickering, it's a threat to the USA disguised as partisan bickering. Trump was right when he said the United States does bad stuff too, but I think everyone in the World sleeps a bit better when the overpayed oversexed racist capitalists are the bad guys. Putin needs a leash.

World Class Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    [I]It is official and a fact: the President is a crook, when will he resign?
    I think if were as easy as quitting, saluting, and flying off to MaraLago, Trump would be cool with that. Putin is the Moriarty here, Trump is a punk rich kid who got in way over his head.

World Class Asshole