Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

And yet again, this time the Hatch Act, which it appears has been violate by Kellyanne Conway. What is the point of employing all those lawyers if they don't know what it is legal and what is not -or as said before, just don't care?

The White House aide Kellyanne Conway violated federal law on at least two occasions last year by “advocating for and against candidates” from her official position as counselor to the US president, according to a federal watchdog.

The determination was made by the US Office of Special Counsel on Tuesday, and relates to comments Conway made during the Alabama special election between Roy Moore and Doug Jones to fill the seat vacated by the attorney general, Jeff Sessions. OSC is not related to the ongoing special counsel investigation by Robert Mueller into the Trump administration.

According to the OSC, in TV appearances on 20 November and 6 December, 2017, Conway “impermissibly mixed official government business with political views about the candidates in the Alabama special election”, violating the Hatch Act.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-says-watchdog

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

But she's so cute, and a little bit of an airhead. Can't you find it in your heart to forgive her just one - okay - two little infractions.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    But she's so cute, and a little bit of an airhead. Can't you find it in your heart to forgive her just one - okay - two little infractions.
    I am not an American, merely a critical observer in these matters. There used to be a principle in the UK that if a Minister presided over a mess-up in his or her department, or misled Parliament, they would resign, a principle that seems to have died without an autopsy some years ago. Ms Conway may be as fragrant as Ann Coulter, I am not sure who has the best barnet, but if basic principles go, or are not even applied, it sounds hollow when we criticize other countries for the conduct of their government.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/07/u...us-mcgahn.html

Told Mcgahn to fire Mueller in June. Then when this was revealed in a NYT story, Trump had Rob Porter ask McGahn to deny it and indicated he might be fired if he didn't. Trump also asked Reince Priebus how his interview with Mueller went. None of it looks good for him. They're apparently negotiating terms with Trump to talk to Mueller. I can't wait. I recommend the full article.

On deciding the credibility issues, notice how Trump disputes conversations with three or four people already. He's the common denominator.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Trump stinks like yesterday's fish, the only sin in his world is the truth. Luckily, we've got our own Madame DeFarge, digitized, who has access to practically everything under the sun that's happened the last seven years. Anywhere. Isn't Seychelles a pretty name? I once bumped into a Russian in a bar there.
    I think at one time, Trump was considering contracting out the entire Afghanistan War to Blackwater Inc., maybe he wanted to corner the world heroin market.
    Dig deep, Mueller, follow the stink.

World Class Asshole

One wonders what this man uses for brains...

Donald Trump has announced his 2020 election slogan will be "Keep America Great!" The US president, speaking at a a rally in the industrial heartland of Pennsylvania, said: "We can't say 'Make America Great Again' because I already did that.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rails-against/

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    One wonders what this man uses for brains...

Donald Trump has announced his 2020 election slogan will be "Keep America Great!" The US president, speaking at a a rally in the industrial heartland of Pennsylvania, said: "We can't say 'Make America Great Again' because I already did that.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rails-against/
    & your point is? According to UK media; The Economy as picked up & unemployment is down! I know this bloke is unpopular but facts are facts. We know him getting elected was another slap in the face for you lot but live with it. Oh...& fuck the telegraph!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/09/b...bs-report.html

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    & your point is? According to UK media; The Economy as picked up & unemployment is down! I know this bloke is unpopular but facts are facts. We know him getting elected was another slap in the face for you lot but live with it. Oh...& fuck the telegraph!
    l
    And in the graph in the NYT link you have provided it shows that there has been a year on year decrease in unemployment since -wait for it- 2009, yep, that is the year Obama's presidency began to mature. So thank Obama and his team for stabilizing the US economy and returning confidence to spur a degree of economic growth without imposing tariffs or making infantile threats to China or the EU. Or maybe you really think the Russian-backed President has turned the economy around in a year? I don't think Jesus could do that, and no, that's not the LA taxi driver who ripped me off last time I was there.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    I'm curious as to why someone who is an avowed left-winger and Corbyn fan defends right-wing autocrats like Trump and Putin. You are always very critical of the UK Conservative government for favouring the rich and cutting government services - Trump is going further in the US than they would ever dream of, yet you can only say good things about him. The UK unemployment rate is about the same as the US, and has been falling at a similar rate, yet according to you the UK is a disaster while the US is going great.

I'm not saying this to defend the UK government at all - I'm just interested in whether you can rationalise the apparent glaring discrepancy. Is it just that you are sympathetic toward Trump and Putin because people you regard as 'the establishment' don't like them?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

I wasn't saying good things about Trump. I don't like him either. I was reporting on what the UK media are saying about the US economy! That's it.
    If the Tories were doing some good in this country I wouldn't moan as much but you & I know everything they're doing is persecuting poor people & defending the rich & privileged.
    Education, Health & social care, The Police Force, The Army, Public transport are all dysfunctional & we're all paying taxes for what?