Default Re: Donald Trump Presidency-Day One

Devin Nunes is the perfect Cover Boy for this Administration
    This could get ugly..........

url=https://imgbb.com/][/url]

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

That looks about right....what a weasel he is. I knew it the first time I heard him speak which was fortunately only about a year ago....

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

https://www.thedailybeast.com/julian...g-trump-russia

Speaking of weasels. Two of them.

Senior Member Silver Poster

If you're wondering what Trump will talk about tonight, just take a look at the guy in charge of writing it: Stephen Miller.
    When it comes to immigration, he's just a tad right of Joseph Goebbels.
    I'll be nice and give him a 36 hour bump if he sticks to the script,
    unless he fires someone in the FBI during the speech.
    I guess it's not possible to sit Mueller's entire team in the front row, Hunh?

World Class Asshole

Maybe The Republicans are cracking up. All their Spin Doctors tell them they've got less than a year to live. Even if Mueller had only the tax and bank records....What's the Penalty for Money Laundering? How about a hundred counts?
    For Mueller, those are Lay-ups.
    Just like Johnson lost the entire South for the right reasons, Trump could cost the Republicans THE BASE for all the wrong reasons

upload and share pictures

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

I like Ted Lieu. He's a dedicated, no nonsense guy. Here's what he has to say about the memo. https://lieu.house.gov/media-center/...o-russia-probe

Trump also said today that he has confidence in the rank and file people at the fbi but not the leadership. The leadership first of all are all Republicans and second of all are just doing their jobs. He has now also indicated that he has lost confidence in Rosenstein, which is where everyone thought this memo was going.

Finally, because this memo was such a transparent attempt to undermine the Mueller investigation, was based on nothing substantive, and compromised our intelligence gathering services, it's important to prioritize Nunes' upcoming race. I know nothing about his opponent, but Nunes is a uniquely unethical person and I hope this memo ends up unseating him. For more on his opponent:

https://twitter.com/JanzforCongress

Gold Poster

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trum...-that-one-out/

If he fires Rosenstein, I have trouble believing it would not make the obstruction charge 100 times stronger. The reason is that the memo asserts nothing extraordinary and the entire political stunt seemed entirely designed to allow him to do it, but hit was a total dud because there was no misconduct at all.

Last edited by broncofan; 02-02-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Nunes (pronounced Nunes) is in a very safe Republican District, they always pick the goon squad from safe Districts, to do their dirty work.
    My un-educated guess is that Trump is in the very comical position of being the most Powerful Man in the World who can't do a thing about the noose tightening around his neck. He's thinking about the unthinkable, going down in History with Benedict Arnold and the Rosensteins. If he can make the FBI and Democrats into a dangerous threat to national redneck security, ....aw, forget it. He's nuts. I'm just a watcher, everything I hear is hearsay, Mueller is getting depositions straight from the horse's mouths. I think he just flipped Rick Gates, Manafort's buddy.
    So while the four page memo is proof of cheating so Trump can flip the Gameboard,
    Mueller probably has rooms full of papers, devices, emails, witnesses, foreign intelligence, hard evidence.
    I guaranteed Trump's loss in the Election, now I'm guaranteeing his Incarceration.
    Maybe The New Jersey Generals will win the Superbowl, this thing stopped making sense a couple years ago. When Reagan got ditzy, nobody even noticed. Those were the Days.......
    When Russia was hoodwinked, not us. Is all of this Putin's Revenge???

best free photo hosting site

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Trump also said today that he has confidence in the rank and file people at the fbi but not the leadership. The leadership first of all are all Republicans and second of all are just doing their jobs. He has now also indicated that he has lost confidence in Rosenstein, which is where everyone thought this memo was going.
    Finally, because this memo was such a transparent attempt to undermine the Mueller investigation, was based on nothing substantive, and compromised our intelligence gathering services, it's important to prioritize Nunes' upcoming race. I know nothing about his opponent, but Nunes is a uniquely unethical person and I hope this memo ends up unseating him. For more on his opponent:
    Although Lieu makes an interesting and pertinent point about what the Memo does not say, this seedy piece of theatre is aimed at supporters of the President who want to hear re-assuring words that their man is not corrupt, but that their governing institutions are. On the BBC 2 Newsnight programme late Friday night, Ryan Crocker -he was taking part on a discussion on Syria- argued the key element in this was the consolidation of partisan division in Congress, and that this polarisation was the greater threat to democracy. In the case of Watergate, Nixon was at the head of the Republican Party establishment, but so transparent did his lies and corrupt behaviour become that they had little choice but abandon him -indeed, the whole of the Watergate crisis became an exercise for students in how the deep strength of the US political system can stand up to and survive the kind of ridicule and abuse Watergate represented.

The difference this time is that the President is not only not a Republican, but attacks them on a regular basis, given that most of the men in the FBI and CIA and Justice Department are Republicans. That the Republicans are part of his campaign may seem odd, even contradictory. The party has been badly split since GW Bush's second term, but crucially, the election of Obama became a line in the sand beyond which these people felt the USA should not go. Bi-partisan agreements in Congress have been deteriorating since the Civil Rights laws of the 1960s, but there is a core group of White Americans who regard the entire history of their country since 1776 as a validation of the right of White Christians to rule in their own interest. Put simply, America belongs to them, and to no-one else. The election of Obama was the future they have dreaded ever since the tired, poor, huddled masses moved from Europe, the Americas and Asia to populate the country and 'threaten' the dominant culture.

It seems to me that a hard core of Republicans are determined to either roll back every vestige of the US that emerged from the Civil Rights era, or in effect smash the system to pieces. They never accepted Obama as the President, and never will, and still today dream of the day when he and both Bill and Hillary Clinton are in prison, key elements of Civil Rights are overturned, and the US returned to their wet dream, either the 1950s or the years before the Civil War. This is not a conservative Republican agenda of the kind one associated with William F. Buckley or Bill and Irving Kristol, this is nothing less than a racist, White Nationalist agenda which in its practical expression is in effect, a re-run of the Civil War.

Just as the more extreme elements want to break up California, to either neuter or get rid of Federal institutions such as the FBI, one can see these men taking a path which will once again lead to the secession of those States that present their aim to preserve the America they believe in, dismissing the rest as some sort of 'fake America'. Ideally they would like to begin with mass deportations, Muslims first, Blacks second, take your picks after that between Latinos, Asians and Jews. But they realise this is too gargantuan a task. Best circle the wagons and create a state within a state.

The US political system has the mechanics to get rid of the President, but unlike Watergate and Nixon, the President and the Republicans who support him disregard the rules, show no interest in the integrity of the Union as expressed in the Constitution, and regard every tactic they can find as an acceptable, even necessary part of their war against the America they hate. This, to me, is the most serious crisis since Watergate, with implications that go far beyond it.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I think what makes this Story more than just the Traffic Accident you can't look away from is the almost guaranteed surprise ending that's going to pop out of the cake when Mueller announces his findings. tick tick tick. The Suspense is building like a Hitchcock script with the body in the trunk while the guests walk around it. Mueller is going to be "The Decider" with tinsel covered revelations, Acid Accusations, and global implications. Must See TV. I don't see how we're not going to see some Biblical-Type Jaw-droppers coming out of his dossier, a Final Chapter of the Story that lives up to and completes the unbelievable story. How he's going to make it a-political, I don't know. Who'll clean up the mess, Pence?
    WHITE PEOPLE!!! sheesh!!

World Class Asshole